I am highly qualified business professional with 16 years of effective business experience and during all those years I have been..
Consistent high performer with wealth of experience of leading large FMCG, cosmetics, automotive businesses in KSA & GCC .
As an successful Manager and business Leader I have been working on
- Crafting winning strategies & building execution powerhouse
- Developing & leading high performing teams
- Building talent and organizational capabilities
- Using different levers of business to deliver sustained high performance
- Turning around businesses
Specialties: Leadership Development, Building Organizational Capabilities, Growing & Developing Nascent Categories, Building Brands, Customer Marketing & Customer Development.
Truly absorbed the commercial acumen of working with world leading brands like Nestle, SC Johnson, Loreal, Goody International, General Mills, Red Bull, United Biscuits Mc Vities, Toshiba, Sharp, Toyota, Lexus
Successfully managed portfolio of 300M$+ and secured 38% business growth in 2- accumulative years.
Company awarded best performance award in 2008 (Nestle, Goody, General Mills Sc Johnson)
Lead and successfully managed the operations of 12 branches, 9000 customers, 120 categories and 160 sales staff which have added great deal of operational exposure and created quality of working under pressure and tough deadlines. (Basamh Group)
Created and successfully managed capacity building model which resulted in unprecedented productivity gain from all sales staff up to 70% by increasing no. of customer per sales person
Successfully handled team of 200+staff with more than 20 nationalities as Business Leader and secured 19% business growth in first financial year 2011 (Skab Group)
Introduced cost leadership model and applied across all areas of company which resulted in 18% cost reduction in manpower spent, 7% martial cost, 13% operational cost which in total term resulted in 7% net increase in net profit (Skab Group)
Single handedly developed ,launched and lead the successful marketing campaign for Toshiba & Toyota which have resulted an incremental revenue of 120Million (ALJ Group)
Well connected with Industry leaders, owners of major companies, main traders including wholesales, supermarkets, regional dealers and influential companies.
MBA-Master of Business Administration with distinction from reputable business school
MSC-Marketing with A+ Grade
Best internship award from KSP Pumps (Famous German Multinational)
Areas of Expertise
P&L & Budget Strategy Development & Deployment Trade Marketing
FMCG Business Channel Optimization Project Management
System & Procedure Design Multifunctional Team Management Organization Design
Food Service (HORECA) Expertise TQM/ISO/HCCP Crafting winning strategies
Sales & Customer Management Distribution & Go To Market Expertise Revenue Management
Nestle (Whole Range), Goody International, TOSHIBA, SC Johnson’s LOREAL Paris, SHARP & W. Westinghouse
General Mills, Red Bull, Marks & Spencer, Perrier Water, Mc Vities-United Biscuits, Unifood, Hero Jams & Baby food Best Mix Maybelline Cosmetics
SKAB Group of Companies-FMCG Sector 2010-at Present
General Manager/Director Sales & Marketing
Currently directing all country operations of FMCG sector- with goals of optimizing revenues, maximizing profitability. Responsible for P&L, factory operations, revenue flow, sales, marketing, logistics and administration. Directing and managing setting up of distribution networks, driving sales to achieve deeper market penetration via dealers, resellers, hypermarkets, supermarkets..
• Identifying, developing and directing the implementation of business strategy.
• Cultivating the companies reputation in the market & with customers & suppliers.
• Involved in planning & organizing the organization’s activities to achieve targets.
• Responsible for the Profit & Loss and revenue generation across all markets
• In charge of leading, motivating and developing the management team.
• Liaising with officials of government departments and regulatory bodies.
• Managing multi-disciplined teams and resolving any conflicting priorities.
• Developing business plans and preparing comprehensive business reports.
• Improving margins and maintaining a high quality service to clients.
• Reviewing, refining and developing the strategy and direction of the company.
• Building client relationships that result in revenue and profitability growth.
• Responsible for the companies health and safety and legislative adherence.
• Creating and maintaining links with other trade and professional associations.
• Keeping control of business expenditure, ensuring it’s within agreed budgets.
Key Accomplishments include
• Grew revenues at a double-digit rate per year to a accumulative growth of over 30%+
• Initiated the use of financial and performance management systems It resulted in saving 18% manpower & operational cost and reduced distribution cost up to 20% ..
• Doubled the capacity of Pasta Unit and added new cake & Confectionary Lines
• Established many white label brand local and International which resulted in 40%+ incremental revenue
• Launched Brand and Category strategies in the trade helping maintain and gain new market-share leadership across various categories.
• Maintained and delivered a zero-tolerance policy for bad debt.
• Successfully implemented ERP to firmly control company operations. Microsoft -Great Plain
ALJTPC- ABDUL LATIF ELECTRONICS CO. ALJ GROUP ,KSA 2009-2010
1. Applied the Company’s vision, pledges, and guiding principles to every facet of responsibilities in an effort to improve bottom line of the company.
2. P & L responsible, managing marketing & sales operations including strategic sales and marketing planning, execution & post execution deliverables for brands like TOSHIBA, SHARP, White Westinghouse and DORA
3. Devised brand new corporate plan and open multi million business window by signing partnership deeds with multiple blue chip companies.
4. Prepared Launch and roll out plan for SHARP and successfully implemented across all KSA retail outlets and gained incremental business through corporate deals.
5. Restructured the organization by hiring, transferring and terminating the staff and have created smart structure adding value and utilizing full capacity of staff.
6. Re-energized the current marketing & sales practices by launching and implementing different training and seminars to boost morale and speed the daily functioning.
Key Accomplishments include
• Secured outstanding growth of 25%+ for the financial year 2009 -2010 and prepared strategic plan for 3-years, highly appreciated and approved by the ALJ-Management
• Devised and implemented the advertising (TTL ATL& BTL) plan to promote the Electronics and automotives brands together, Collaborative promotions with TOYOTA,LEXUS & Daihatsu.
• Prepared solid joint marketing plan with SABB and implementing across the Retail outlets and in corporate industry
BASAMH TRADING COMPANY, KSA 2006- 2009
National Sales Development & Trade Marketing Manager
1. Responsible to lead & develop multibillion SR. portfolio of undertaking the business of modern
& traditional trade channels operating with world leading brands; Nestle, SC Johnson, Goody,
General Mills, Perrier, Alwazir, Toopy.
2. Managed 130 categories of 7-major brands across 12-branches & 9000 registered customers
3. Developed customer partnership programs with key customer which helped in achieving months over month business volume with incremental growth.
4. Established customer & category management business module along with periodic business reviews to gained unprecedented customer & category growth.
5. Implemented perfect stores & anchor category concepts in super markets & lower trade and almost doubled the numeric distribution per category and enhanced block visibly & off shelf displays.
6. Planned & implemented visibility arrangement across all trade players and linked it with forward share and extra visibility to gain healthy ROI.
7. Responsible for periodic rolling forecast review and release the anticipated sales figures after aligning with brand & branches forecast.
Key Accomplishments include
• Devised 3 years strategic development plan with growth centric sales strategies & managed to secure over 30% growth in the first 2 fiscal years, and 13% YTD growth in current year tide with balanced results of all other business fundamentals.
• Built lower trade distribution and managed to acquire 2200 brand new customers, meeting the profile of company policies, which have contributed to incremental growth positively underway with YTD 750 additional new customers to complete the distribution of 10000 registered customers.
• Established capacity building model which resulted in 70% productivity gain across sales team
• Implemented Hand Held operation successfully
Al- QURESHI MARKETING COMPANY,KSA. 2004-2006
Brand Marketing Manager.
1. Headed the Food Division & playing successful business shots with remarkable scores for the very well renowned brands including; Red Bull,United Biscuits (Royal & McVities), Hero Jams & Baby Food, Katakit, Majdi, Danone,Monarch Foods, Bitburger, St.Dalfour.
2. Independently handled all the affairs of brand portfolio ,including, stock management, value chain modeling, advertising & promotions, trade agreements, retail audits sales & marketing planning P & L & business review analysis.
3. Prepared distribution build up and sales forecast planning for both on trade & off trade channels
4. Responsible for designing and implementing the advertising strategy (ATL + BTL) for the division in coordination with Ad. Agencies.
AFS, NAGHI GROUP OF COMPANIES,KSA. 2000-2003 Product Manager for L’OREAL.
1. Responsible for planning and directing the entire sales & marketing programs for the brand kingdom wise.
2. Stock management mainly including stock ordering, stock transfer, FOCs, returns, and expiries.
3. Successfully coordinated all the aspects of product launch including, product promotion, product pricing and account placement in line with sales department.
4. Served as product evangelist at product tours, trade shows and media events.
5. Simultaneously managed multiple projects under tight deadlines & supported sales team for targets.
6. Formulation of budgets for the brand including sales forecasting, discounts, personnel & market distribution budgets.
DANISH APPAREL PVT. LTD. PAKISTAN (AN EXPORT ORIENTED COMPANY) 1998-99.
Sales & Marketing Manager.
• Worked directly with buyers (local & foreign), store management, sale associates, production personnel, finance, and procurement departs & senior management.
• Devised and implemented local & export marketing plans and strategies.
• Responsible for complete Export project, involve, product planning, designing, manufacturing, approval and shipment.
• Prospecting, pre approaching and approaching the industrial & International customer.
• Liaison with all concerned Govt. and non-Government institution such as chamber of commerce, EPB export promotion board, custom and shipment agencies, International buyers & quality houses..
MBA (Gold Medalist), Business Management Master Program IBA, BZ University Pakistan 1997
GSBM Graduate school of Business Management Strathclyde University UK
MS- Sales & Marketing, AIC American International College of Management Sciences Pakistan. 2001
In collaboration with Iowa College of Business USA.
CIM (Charted Marketer), Charted Institute of Marketing England 2004
Project Management core practices
Profit safeguards strategies
Sales Finance Best Practices
Channel Strategy & Management
Balanced Scorecard Methodology
Strategic Planning and Team Building Retreat
Leading Continuous Improvement Workshop
Customer & category management
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.