Senior Consultant with 20+ years of experience in Afghanistan, Iraq, UAE and Australia. Considerable experience in Project Management, Operations and Remote Site HR, Admin and Finance. Areas of expertise include: Operation Management, Integration and Implementation, Project analysis, design and implementation, Contract Management, Resource Management and Control, Policy Development and Implementation, Compensation and Benefits, Recruiting and Performance Appraisal and Review. Available Now.
Senior Consultant with 20+ years of experience in Afghanistan, Iraq, UAE and Australia. Considerable experience in Project Management, Operations and Remote Site HR, Admin and Finance. Areas of expertise include: Operation Management, Integration and Implementation, Project analysis, design and implementation, Complete Systems Analysis and Change, Contract Management, Resource Management and Control, Policy Development and Implementation, Compensation and Benefits, Recruiting, and Performance Appraisal and Review, Mediation and Negotiation. Currently seeking the next challenging and rewarding opportunity to demonstrate substantial ability and to contribute to a company’s performance.
DOCUMENT WRITER, Self Employed
2009 – Present
• Designed HR, Administration, Operations, Logistics and Training policies for consulting clients.
• Developed Audit Documents and security plans for a large resource company on a consultancy basis
*Note: Maintained this throughout the period 2009 to present whilst assuming other roles
CONSULTANT, (Various Positions) Global Strategies Group Pty Ltd
Sep 2007 – Oct 2012
Deputy Project Manager (Afghanistan)
• In concert with the Project Manager, assisted in all aspects of the camp, to include coordination and allocation of tasks, Logistics control, management of issues regarding client and camp infrastructure
• Managed all client contracts to ensure agreed terms were appropriate, profitable for the business and met to a level which ensured customer satisfaction.
• Designed and implemented camp infrastructure and facility improvements
• Responsible for all aspects of personnel management and organisational administration to ensure the smooth operation of a complex, multi-national camp facility.
• Recruited and managed approximately 65 Local National Staff to include Staff Inductions, Performance Management, Grievance Management, Training and Development and Compensation and Benefits.
• Developed and implemented all policies and procedures to facilitate camp management.
• Responsible for all financial documentation relevant to the project to include; maintenance of cash book, payment of accounts, payroll, reconciliation of monthly occupancy register, (camp client listing), and invoicing of clients and weekly/monthly submission of finance documents as required
• Organised staff/team activities to ensure deadlines were met and all goals and objectives were clearly understood and delivered accordingly
• In concert with the Project Manager, analysed, designed and implemented additional security requirements for the camp
• Conducted SRA’s on the camp and implemented upgrade’s as identified
• Conducted security briefings to clients on arrival and as new risks were identified
• Conducted audit analysis of previous financial records, (July 2010 – February 2011) for the purpose of reconciling financial accounts for Global’s partners in this venture.
Deputy Project Manager/Staff Officer – (Baghdad Airport Security Contract)
• Performed all duties of the Deputy Project Manager during periods in which he was absent from the project (two months of every four)
• Performed all duties of the Operations Manager during periods in which he was absent from the project. (one month of every four)
• Liaised with Key Stakeholders to include Local Ministries (MOI and MOTCA) on matters relating to staffing and aviation security as and when required.
• Assisted in the management of both Third Country and Local National workforce to include induction training, performance management, pay and promotion, training and development, manning, grievance management and discipline.
• Provided support in the establishment, implementation, and execution of policy as required.
• Produced business cases and financial documentation to support the establishment of four new camps. Financial evaluation included proposed costings for the initial establishment (to include all construction and security requirements) and monthly maintenance costs.
• Was responsible for producing the draw down plan for the project which included the gradual phasing down of the entire operation and handover of Government owned equipment to the new incumbent ensuring that security was maintained at all times during the draw down.
• Relieved in position of Country Logistics/Finance Manager for a period of one month during the normal incumbents scheduled leave responsible for all aspects of Country Logistics and Finance management during this period
• Relieved in position of Facilities Manager for a period of one month during the normal incumbents scheduled leave responsible for all camp management to include management of the vehicle fleet, accommodation and all critical infrastructure.
• Conducted inquiries, as necessary, to identify culpability relative to instances of misconduct and to award and make recommendations regarding appropriate disciplinary measures consistent with established policy and procedures.
QAQC/HR Manager (Afghanistan)
• Developed and implemented policies to include: Human Resource Management, Administration, Logistics, Asset Management, Operations, QAQC and Training
• Co-ordinated major Local National recruiting activities for the project and was integral in the management of the selection process for same
• Served as a the relief HR/Admin/Finance Manager, providing advice and guidance on HR issues
• Developed a QAQC assessment model to be used at both the Kabul and Kandahar International Airports IAW International Civil Aviation Organisations (ICAO) standards to ensure organizational compliance with ICAO and aviation search technology and standards
• Conducted audits on the daily operations of both airports in accordance with ICAO standards
• Served as an Aviation Security Officer at the Kabul Airport as required
• Developed the AVSEC re-accreditation program and continuous training document to be used throughout the project
• Liaised with key Stakeholders to include the Minister of Transport on matters relating to both Aviation Security and the major event detailed below
• I coordinated a successful event at the Intercontinental Hotel for 270 people. Guests included the UAE Ambassador, Afghan Government Senior Ministers and representatives from members of other coalition forces in Kabul.
Relief HR, Admin and Finance manager (Afghanistan)
• Management of all HR, Administration and finance processes supporting the operational and organizational aspects of the project.
• Provide advice to all project members on matters relevant to the project which supported the American Army Corps of Engineers operations in Afghanistan
OWNER/OPERATOR, Stevens/Baker Family Trust Pty Ltd
August 2009 – July 2010
• Owner/operator of a Café business in Nimbin, NSW
• Managed all aspects of the business to include personnel, marketing, logistics and finance management
HR CONSULTANT, International Relief and Development (IRD)
June 2009 – July 2009
• Assisted with the development of HR and Administration policies necessary for phase two of the Afghanistan Vouchers for Increased Projection (AVIPA)AVIPA project
• Provided consultancy advice on HR and Administration issues with regards current staffing matters, and issues that would be relevant to phase two
• Coordinated staff/team activities to ensure deadlines were met and goals and objectives were clearly understood and delivered accordingly
HR CONSULTANT, Unity Resources Group Pty Ltd – (Dubai UAE)
Feb 2007 – Sep 2007
• Developed and assisted in the implementation of all policies pertaining to Human Resources, Administration, Logistics, Asset Management, Finance, Payroll and Security which were used by the company’s operations.
• Reviewed Insurance and Health Care Policies and advised on any modifications that were required.
• Reviewed existing policies and procedures, identifying necessary procedural and policy amendments required.
• Provided advice to individual regions on Human Resource and Administrative issues and procedures.
• Achievements – Developed a wide range of Policies for the Company Manual which was used across all divisions of the company.
OFFICER, Australian Defence Force – Army
July 1989 – 2007
During my service various executive positions have been held and occupied; these include positions such as Operations, HR, Training and Logistics Manager and Events Manager.
• NEBOSH International General Certificate, (HS & E)
• Diploma of Personnel Administration
• Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
• Diploma of Business (Frontline Management)
• Diploma of Government (Management)
• Equity and Diversity Awareness
• Occupational Health and Safety Awareness
• Fraud and Ethics Awareness, Security Awareness
• Suicide Awareness and Prevention, Alcohol and Drug Awareness
Available On Request
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.