I am a licensed US paramedic, EMS educator and extensively experienced manager. My experience includes thousands of ambulance responses, teaching at all EMS levels in a University setting and direction of a range of agencies from a 6000 run/yr ambulance service to the state EMS office. I speak some German and Spanish, and have a proven record in written and verbal communication. I am immediately available for the right assignment.
Rogers EMS Consulting (1996-2001, 2010- Present)
Owner and Director
• Assessments and Recommendations for communities and agencies across the state and nation, including Quality Improvement, Staffing, Policies, Procedures and Protocol development, Medical Director training, Billing Services, Membership Programs and Emergency Medical Dispatching (EMD).
• Grant Writing, generating more than $3 million in funding for clients since 2010.
• Continuing Education Services including ACLS, PALS, refresher training and continuing education.
• Support services for the National Association of State EMS Officials
Oklahoma State Department of Health (1996-2010)
State EMS Director (2001-2010)
• Directed EMS regulation and development through EMS office staff, Rule and Statutory language changes. Directed support staff for Training and Licensure, Trauma Development, Data System Development and EMS regulation and development.
• Primary Investigator for Oklahoma EMS Information System (OKEMSIS) Grant: implemented QI research database of over 400,000 annual EMS responses.
• Primary Investigator for HRSA Automatic Defibrillator Grants, placing over 600 units in rural communities statewide.
• Proposed and supported statewide and regional initiatives including Quality Improvement programs, Medical Direction and Emergency Medical Dispatch collaborations.
• Coordinated staff for EMS and Trauma advisory councils.
• Represented Oklahoma at the National Association of State EMS Officials (NASEMSO)- President-Elect 2008-2010, Secretary 2006-2008, South Central Regional Rep 2004-2006, Data Committee Chair 2006-2008, CAMTS Liaison 2006-2008, Scope of Practice and Air Medical Committees.
• Trauma Systems Coordinator (1996-2001)
o Directed Trauma Division in initial implementation of statewide trauma system in
o Drafted regulations for system including distribution of trauma fund.
o Directed initiation of State Trauma Registry, including selection of software.
o Obtained grant funding and produced triage training program for statewide EMS education, including award-winning instructional video.
Director, Mercy EMS (1987-1996)
• Expanded Mercy ambulance service area to include five new communities through consensus-building and development of public and political support.
• Expanded service volume eightfold and revenues tenfold.
• Improved response times and quality of care via Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) (1990).
• Implemented the first initial-responder defibrillation program in Oklahoma, improving cardiac arrest resuscitation rate (1988).
• Negotiated contracts with managed care providers, aircraft vendors and vehicle maintenance providers, improving revenue and staff utilization and decreasing costs.
• Negotiated vehicle maintenance joint venture, decreased costs 60%, extended fleet life 20%.
• Upgraded Mercy EMS information system, implemented database and tracking of QI data.
• Implemented Physician-directed QI program.
• Recruited and trained personnel for 300% staff increase over four years.
• Drafted and implemented standardized department policies, trained supervisory staff and developed employee-driven selection process.
• Developed and implemented air/ground specialty care transportation program for high acuity patients.
• Improved subscription program enrollment and revenues 400% without increasing staff costs.
Healthcare Management: Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma City: 1997 to 1999
Developed and instructed seminar course on Healthcare Management
Paramedic Instructor: Moore-Norman AVTS, Oklahoma 1988 to 1991
Oklahoma City Community College 2010-Present
Redlands Community College 2012-present
Paramedic Program Director Redlands Community College 2012-present
• Excelsior College Registered Nursing Program 2010- Present
AD RN program- NCLEX expected by 06/30/14
• University of Oklahoma- Health Sciences Center 2006-2008
M.P.H. program- partially completed
• Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 1994-1996
M.B.A. program- partially completed
• Southern Nazarene University, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Bachelor of Arts, Management of Human Resources 1992
• Oklahoma City Community College, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
• Certificate of completion; Emergency Medical Technician- Paramedic 1982
Licenses and Certifications
• National Registry of EMTs Paramedic Certification – P8049770, exp. 6-2015
• Oklahoma EMT-P license – 8235, exp. 6-2015
• ACLS Instructor Certification, exp. 11-2015
• PALS Instructor Certification, exp. 11-2015
• Oklahoma EMT Instructor, exp. 6-2015
• National EMT Association – State Legislative Liaison, 2012-Present
• Oklahoma EMT Association, 1982-present
• National Association of State EMS Officials (NASEMSO) 2001-2010
o President-elect 2008-2010
• NAEMSE – 2014
• Advocates for EMS – 2007-2010
o Board member 2007-2014
• Oklahoma Ambulance Association, founding member
• American Trauma Society- Oklahoma Chapter, past member and chair
• American College of Surgeons, Committee on Trauma- Past Associate Member
• Commission for Accreditation of Med. Trans. Systems (CAMTS)- Board member 2005-2008
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.