An enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who has a clear understanding of the role and responsibilities associated with being a civil engineer. Having the ability to provide support for multiple concurrent priorities, I am able to establish, maintain and develop effective working relationships with service users, operational teams, delivery partners and colleagues. He possesses a broad range of technical, personal effectiveness and leadership skills and uses rigorous logic and methods to come up with effective solutions to difficult problems. As someone who is comfortable with and able to effectively cope with change, he has a long track record of making best use of any available resources and techniques. He is currently looking for a suitable position with an ambitious company where he will be working with industry experts, people who have the skills and experience to make a real difference to his career.
Areas Of Expertise
Health & safety
Private residential developments
Large scale commercial buildings
Public sector buildings
“Apart from contributing to the processes and strategies which enhance any projects I am working on, I feel that my greatest strengths are firstly my ability to deliver projects to agreed timescales. Secondly my skill at gaining a clear understanding of a clients exact needs, and thirdly being able to co-ordinate and lead all team resources whilst at the same time building strong working relationship with fellow colleagues and thereby getting them to improve their performance.“
An enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who has a clear understanding of the role and responsibilities associated with being a civil engineer. Having the ability to provide support for multiple concurrent priorities, Boma is able to establish, maintain and develop effective working relationships with service users, operational teams, delivery partners and colleagues. He possesses a broad range of technical, personal effectiveness and leadership skills and uses rigorous logic and methods to come up with effective solutions to difficult problems. As someone who is comfortable with and able to effectively cope with change, he has a long track record of making best use of any available resources and techniques. He is currently looking for a suitable position with an ambitious company where he will be working with industry experts, people who have the skills and experience to make a real difference to his career.
Blaid Construction Limited – Abuja, FCT
April 2014 – Present
Ultra Modern Printing Press – Idu Industrial Area, FCT
Multi-Storey Apartment Building – Mabushi, FCT
Responsible for working closely with the end client on various construction and civil engineering programmes, creating detailed plans, monitoring/updating progress, critical path analysis, earned value analysis, etc.
• Ensuring that all assigned work is completed on time and within agreed budgets.
• Supervising Projects: including in house, external contractors and sub-contractors.
• Attending meetings and competently communicate with Clients, Contractors and major asset owners and stakeholders.
• Setting out Project works in accordance with Drawings & Specification.
• Producing and processing financial measurements.
• Preparing enquiry and order documents.
• Maintenance of daily records.
• Supporting tender bids.
JDP Construction Limited – Port Harcourt
Dec 2010 – Feb 2014
Abuloma-Woji Link Bridge – Abuloma, Rivers State
Creek Road Subsurface Drains – Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Rainbow Tower Building – Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Abua-Ndele Link Bridge – Abua, Rivers State
• Responsible for ensuring that all activity meets both internal company standards and external regulatory requirements with respect to
Health, Safety and the Environment to ensure the Company’s obligations and policies in these areas are fully complied with.
• Encouraging continuous improvement through the measurement and reporting of the key operational aspects to senior manager.
• Providing specialist direction on unusual or difficult engineering issues.
• Liaising with client representatives, other professionals within design teams and contractors’ representatives during construction.
• Carrying out site visits and surveys.
• Monitoring and inspecting the work of sub contractors and other third parties.
• Ensuring that building regulations, are adhered to.
• Ordering machinery and materials.
• Monitoring environmental protection measures & reporting of any hazards/incidents.
• Ensuring that all engineering activities are correctly costed and the complete design is delivered to the agreed budget.
Lightwaves Limited – Port Harcourt, Rivers State
December 2009 – November 2010
Model Secondary School – Degema, Rivers State
Erema Filling Station – Erema, Rivers State
National Youth Service Scheme – Rijau LGA Niger State, Nigeria.
October 2006 – October 2007
Bamien Consultancy Services – Rivers State, Nigeria.
August 2007 – October 2009
Rivers State Ministry of Works, Rivers State, Nigeria.
Assistant Resident Engineer In Training
October 2004 – April 2005
Key Skills & Competencies
Civil Engineering attributes
• Knowledge of contract technical specifications and their implementation.
• Familiar with relevant civil engineering design software eg Orion, Civils 3D. Expert ability with AutoCAD, REVIT and ROBOT.
Knowledge of Local Authority Design Guides for Highways in Residential and Commercial Estates.
• Superb critical thinking skills and the ability to evaluate designs, plans and projects.
• Promoting the highest standards of safety onsite at all times.
• Experience of the road design, construction and maintenance related services.
• Designing reinforced concrete structures.
• Assessing the environmental impact and risks connected to projects.
• Able to check the work of others & supervise less experienced or junior staff.
• Pricing, quoting and resourcing work within delegated authority levels.
• Writing accurate technical reports.
• Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages.
• Assisting with competency appraisal processes for junior staff.
• Capable of defining and leading assignments.
• Always willing to help other less experienced team members with workloads.
• Supporting any procurement processes.
• Good communication, planning and organisational skills.
• Highly developed numeracy and computer literacy skills.
• Self motivator and the ability to motivate others.
• Keeping up to date with industry best practice.
• Able to work on your own initiative as well as being a team player.
Rivers State Universtiy of Science and Technology 2000 – 2006
Civil Engineering BA (Hons)
Chicago Business Institute – 2015
Certificate in Project Management
Certificate in Leadership and Influence
Awareness of ethical issues
Practical, methodical, and accurate
Able to make good judgements
Corporate member of the NSE
Student Member of ICE
Available on request
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.