Extremely adaptable and quick learner. Developed many revenue streams for large corporate customers. Experienced manager from 4 to 36 team members. Stake holder management and retention. I am an extremely approachable, social individual always looking to improve on the status quo. Several years experience in Engineering, business development, Security Management and Investigation management have given me the skills and confidence to complete any task to high expectations.
7 Habits of Highly Effective People Assertive Management
The Winning Edge Strategic Planning
Honest Conversations ENHANSE Safety Management
Financial Planning and Management Crisis Management
Project Management BT Managers Safety Course
Major Incident Leadership Delivering Change
Training the Trainer
Telecoms Installation and Repair Underground cable installation
Digital Installation and Repair Major Construction Planning and Design
Covert Camera and OP Advanced Investigative Interviewing
Level 2 Foot Surveillance Thames Valley Police Driver Training
Mobile Surveillance Bond Solon Investigative Practices
Bond Solon Interviewing Under Caution Giving Evidence at Court
(Self Employed) NGPS Consultancy: Business Development, East and Central Africa
2013 – Present:
Delivery of a multi-million dollar business opportunity for large corporation seeking further exposure within Sub Saharan Africa. Extensive travel between Central/East Africa and the Middle East.
• Countries worked in: UK, Germany, France, Holland, Somaliland, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo and UAE.
• Country research and fact finding
• Long durations in country
• Built and managed relationships with local and national Government officials and Ministries
• Arranged and escorted Government Ministers on operational visits within Africa
• Advisor to Government
• Programme Management
• Legal Governance
• Financial forecasting and budget control
• Pipeline management
• Presentations to Chairman and Board
• Engaged local clans and Artisan communities
• Cultural knowledge and experience gained
• Managed deliverable expectations to result
• Internal and external Stakeholder engagement and management
• Extensive travel
• Engaged International companies and delivered programmes of works
• In Country project management and leadership of several businesses, Senior management of revenue streams (Mining, Core & Water supply Drilling, Agriculture, Pharmaceuticals and Telecoms)
• Conflict resolution
• Contract negotiation and closing
2012-2014 (part time) Family Business
• Worked part time supporting my wife’s business.
• Ran whole business full time for three months whilst partner was in Hospital
• Wedding dress sales
• Purchase and contract negotiation
• Customer Services
• Customer orders
• Customer Complaints
• Customer experience
1997 – August 2013
BT Security – Global Security Access Operations Manager Nov 2012- Aug 2013
Restructured existing team to benefit the business, and increased productivity from 86% – 98% in 3 months. Implemented new global structure bringing Non-UK policies into line with UK business objectives.
• Managed BT’s Global Access control system’s and employee engagement throughout the Global Estate.
• Streamlined existing processes and policies.
• Control of individual score card through benchmarking to meet KPI’s.
• Wrote BT’s Global Access Control 5 year plan.
• Managed day to day staffing and HR issues.
• Execution and management of change programme
• Completed regular 1-1’s and annual reviews with staff constantly improving and challenging poor working behaviours.
• Yearly Safety plan and objectives.
• Unsocial hours to make contact with colleagues throughout the world.
• Understanding social and political environments within different Global locations
• Built good working relationships with Union officials through meetings and negotiations
• Chaired supplier meetings for Access Control systems and Hardware
• Negotiated contracts for existing and new suppliers
• Managed call handling and Card services teams to meet performance targets
• Managed and programmed Non UK access control platforms for ongoing construction projects and new estate buildings
North East, North West and Scotland, Regional Operations Manager, BT Metal Theft Taskforce
2009 – 2012
Key Achievements: Returned £4 million pounds back into the business from the recovery of stolen assets.
• Implemented effective business model for developing Openreach’s Network Integrity Unit.
• Mentored and managed a team of 5 Field Investigators to deliver the business objectives.
• Individual and team investigations completed.
• Planned and executed mobile and foot surveillance of suspects.
• National workload managed and executed within timescales.
• Legal Governance
• Identifying Risk
• Investigated crimes against British Telecom.
• Gathered information, intelligence and forensic evidence to build case file.
• Used technical equipment to gather evidence in establishing suspects.
• Full understanding and practical execution under RIPA.
• Continuity of evidence and evidence gathering procedures followed to Law enforcement guidelines.
• Engaged and presented to Police and Law enforcement agencies, whilst building strong lasting relationships.
• Delivered regular stakeholder presentations and forums to understand and deliver their local requirements.
• Execution and pace on delivering all key business objectives.
• Partner for South West and East Midlands GAIN (Government Agency Intelligence Network).
• Working with other utility companies to push Government/LEA for a joined up approach on Metal theft and the impact to UK PLC.
• Planned, executed and joint operations with Law enforcement agencies.
• Extensive UK Travel.
• Internal Security Investigations, Interviews conducted under caution
• Evidence delivered at Court
• 1-1’s and Annual reviews of Staff.
• Training plans and staff development.
• SC Security Cleared.
• HR processes and procedures
Engineering Operations Manager
Key Achievement: Raised productivity of the team from 67% to 96%.
• Successfully managed various teams of 27-35 team members
• Managed overhead and underground network accountable for an annual budget of £2.5 million.
• Managed work allocation levels utilising systems and negotiated work streams between different operational branches.
• Customer satisfaction measure’s achieved whilst still meeting the business objectives.
• Recruited for engineering and supervisory level positions from both internal and external candidate sources.
• Managed various projects to meet the business requirements.
• Review of profit and loss reports to increase productivity of both individuals and the team.
• Conducted monthly team meetings, quarterly one to ones, and annual reviews to keep the team informed and manage behaviours.
• Management of Opex and Capex spend YOY
Network Consultant/Project Management
2003 – 2005
Key Achievement: Following my individual successful completion of the initial project, resulting in the national rollout of the scheme. Awarded the BT Retail CEO Values award (1 of 4 nationally per year) and the BT Customer Service Award (1 of 50 nationally per year).
• Pioneered new revenue stream that was successfully rolled out nationally following my ideas and implementation.
• Sales generation of £1million in first year.
• Sold Engineering time for bespoke and BAU projects
• Cold Calling and business development.
• Project Management of high profile projects across large geographical area
• Exceeded monthly and annual performance targets.
• Developed a strategic plan to implement business growth.
• Analysed market information to determine business opportunities for BT.
• Answered concerns from customers around BT products
• Maintained contact with the customer throughout the process to ensure customer satisfaction and potential further business development.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.