1. Completed recognised apprenticeship program with 15 years’ experience in Process Control, Automation and Instrumentation, within heavy Industry Top Tier COMAH sites.
2. 10 Years’ experience working with Gas, Electrical, Water and Effluent systems. COMPEX trained.
3. 1st Class BSc (Hons) Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
4. 7 years supervisory experience managing/supporting a team of PC&A Technicians
5. Team working in a multi- disciplinary environment, regularly integrating into a t
TATA Steel, Port Talbot, South Wales
Process Control, Instrumentation and Automation Engineer/Asset Improvement Engineer September 2007 – Present
, Foundation field bus, HART, Distributed Control System (DCS),
Key experience: –
1. Safety- Promote safe working practices and safety culture. Close out near- miss reports. Accountable for achievement of Corporate Safety Annual Operating Plan within PC&A Dept.
2. Management of Change (MOC) – Create and Approve records for plant modifications in line with Safety Policy. Lead Management of Change Risk Assessments, and participate in HAZOP studies
3. Emergency Shutdown Systems (ESD)- Testing and commissioning of ESD systems to ensure plant fails to safety and as per design intent
4. Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) – Manage Testing of departmental Safety Systems, sign off completed Proof Tests. Develop test regimes for existing Safety Systems. Control/Maintain site-wide Energy Dept. gas leak detection/sampling System
5. Safe Working Procedures (SWP) and Risk Assessments- Develop and Sign off SWP’s and Risk Assessments. Review existing SWP’s for any changes required
6. Permit Systems- Authorised to issue permits to work in terms of Pre- work briefing Sheets (PBS) and Authorisation to Work certificates (ATW)
7. DSEAR Regulations- COMPEX Trained to inspect/install Hazardous area equipment. Assess new installations to ensure compliance with Hazardous area assessments
8. European Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) – Manage Departmental Flares and Bleeder systems to ensure accurate recording/operation of Plant emission control systems. Maintain Environmental Management System (EMS) for the Section, regularly audited internally and externally
9. Remote Terminal Units (RTU)/ Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)/ Distributed Control Systems (DCS) – Create/modify/backup programmes on Allen Bradley/Gem80/Alspa PLC’s and Eurotherm DCS Systems. Fault finding of PLC controlled Process Plant. Installation and commissioning of RTU systems
10. Communications- Serial/Ethernet protocols, with commissioning of radio and Wireless network links. Install and commission Industrial Network switches for site communication upgrades/modernisation
11. Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) – Extensive experience of iFix/Ferranti SCADA systems, including programming/commissioning of remote devices and Operator Graphics/Mimics. Alarm prioritisation and functional testing.
12. Instrumentation- Vibration monitors and shutdown systems, Gas sampling systems, Pressure, flow, temperature, level monitoring and control experience with a wide variety of technologies including Compressor Control (CCS) and Gas Booster control systems. Manage Custody Flow metering/computers for NG, N2 and O2 import to site
13. System Tuning- Regular tuning and optimising of PID Control systems on Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), Gas Boosters and Control valves on various process plants
14. Calibrations- Extensive experience of controlling and managing the calibration of field instrumentation e.g. mA, HART, regularly auditing calibrations to ensure compliance with QA standards.
15. Engineering Management- Maintenance management through the SAP system ensuring statutory mandatory COMAH equipment is maintained within QA Standards
16. Scheduling- Planned and unplanned maintenance, weekly work schedules and plant outages via the SAP maintenance system
17. Projects- Review and approve instrumentation specifications, FDS’ and drawings for new and existing plant improvement projects, including UK and European Factory Acceptance Testing
TATA Steel Strip Products UK, Energy Dept., Port Talbot Works, South Wales
Process Control, Instrumentation and Automation Technician December 2004 – September 2007
Key experience: –
1. Calibration and maintenance- COMAH gas, water, effluent and electrical systems.
2. Breakdowns- Front-line support for breakdowns, carrying out fault finding on a wide range of equipment including all aspects of instrumentation and PLC/DCS control.
3. Process knowledge- Energy distribution including water/effluent pumping stations, gas systems such as boosters, gas holders. Emissions monitoring experience
British Steel/Corus UK Packaging Plus, Trostre Tinplate Works, South Wales
Process Control & Automation Apprentice/Craftsman September 1999 – December 2004
Key Experience: –
1. Calibration and maintenance- Process Control maintenance on equipment including Pinhole Detectors, Strip coating and thickness gauges, pyrometers, thermocouples and RT’s
2. Team Working- Integrate as part of a team of PC&A Technicians providing support to shift teams dealing with process issues on a number of production lines as they arise
3. Process- Knowledge of the processes involved in tinplating through experience working on the majority of production units within the Steel Works
Coleg Sir Gar University of Wales September 2010 – June 2013
BSc (Hons) Electrical/Electronic Engineering 1st Class Honours
University of Wales Institute (UWIC), Cardiff UWIC September 2008 – June 2010
HND Engineering Systems (Distinction)
Coleg Sir Gar September 2001 – June 2003
HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Merit)
Carmarthenshire College of Technology and Art EMTA September 1999 – June 2002
NVQ Level 3 Engineering Maintenance Pass
National Vocational Qualification
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.