Experienced insurance claims handler being qualified in related four professions of insurance, loss adjusting, arbitration and law with degrees in Business Studies and Law. Management skills from loss adjusting and law together with a flair for marketing.
Solicitor non practising
LLB (Hons) Law University of London (external student) 1989
Chartered Institite of Arbitrators ACIA
Chartered Loss Adjuster ACILA
Chartered Insurance Practitioner FCII
BSc (Hons) Management Sciences University of Manchester 1980
Administration – Managed major Adjusters office – Ellis and Buckle Liverpool. In law was Head of Defendant Department followed by seven years running own regional law firm with 30 staff.
Financial Management – Responsible for accounts at branch and subsequently law firm
Process Improvement – Devised and implemented changes to improve costs and profitability
Interpersonal Skills – Managed teams of varying sizes and across different locations.
Communication – Apply principles of plain English and encourage others to do likewise
Handley Brown Solicitors Preston (Partner)
Feb 2007 – October 2014
• Set up firm with Victoria Handley
• Initially dealt with defendant personal injury before moving to claimant work
• Offices established in Sheffield and London and became sole equity partner
• Jackson reforms restructured fees which with increasing costs caused closure of firm
Silverbeck Rymer Solicitors Liverpool (Head of Defence)
May 2006 – August 2006
• Management of defendant personal injury team split between Liverpool and Chelmsford offices
• Handled own case load and liaised with management on strategy
• Decision to restructure firm by partners led to department closure
Halliwells LLP Solicitors Manchester (Associate)
1999 – 2006
• Claims handling – motor; property damage; employers, public and products liability
• Central role in practice development encompassing brokers, insurers, adjusters and local authorities with particular emphasis on cross selling
• Motor offences handled through to Court of Appeal
Hammond Suddards, Solicitors, Manchester (Solicitor)
1997 – 1999
• Advising on licence / agency agreements together with new business ventures
• Case handling including advocacy at mediation and County Court
Ellis & Buckle, Chartered Loss Adjusters, Birmingham, Lancaster, Liverpool, North Wales
1986 – 1996
• Manager of major North West branch as individual cost centre responsible for profitability, recruitment and development including set up of sub office
• Controlled wide-ranging case load and led development of firms multi-disciplinary approach to include surveyors, engineers, accountants etc
Thomas Howell Selfe Chartered Loss Adjusters Manchester Loss Adjuster 1984 – 1986
• Investigation/ negotiation / advice on complex products, public and employers liability cases
• Member of Regional Committee of Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters
Provincial Insurance. Bolton and Kendal (Underwriter/Computer Programmer)
1980 – 1984
• Risk assessments, theft and fire surveying, commercial underwriting and claims analysis
• Self-taught computer programmer – designed and developed mainframe software to analyse accounts data from overseas subsiduaries
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.