Please refer to cv below.
Physically fit, hard-working Shipping Operative with strong background in mechanical engineering and technical support, possessing all relevant offshore certifications including BOSIET, MIST and Offshore Medicals. Proven track record of maintaining high standards of safety, in compliance with organisational policy and statutory legislation, having built and prepared vehicles for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of construction and mining equipment. Tactful and diplomatic with strong communication skills, acquired by working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures at all levels. Able to work efficiently under pressure and within tight deadlines, either on own initiative or as part of a team. Dedicated, flexible, loyal, durable and dependable, able to deploy worldwide at short notice.
• Team Work & Team Leadership
• OPITO Banksman & Slinger
• BOSIET & MIST
• Equipment Repair & Maintenance
• Fork Lift Operator
• Fire, Health & Safety Procedures
• Task Planning & Time Management
• Analysis and Problem Solving
• Customer Liaison/Customer Care
• Conflict Resolution
• Mechanical Engineering
• Pneumatics & Hydraulics
• Quality Systems Management
• General Administration
• Communication & Influencing
• Fully IT Literate (MS Office)
Feb 2006 – present
Working within a team of 8 technicians to construct, prepare and safely store backhoe loader diggers ready for shipment to the US and China, within strict TACK time schedules and exacting client specifications, for the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment.
• Achieved consistently high internal and external audit results by carrying out detailed checks to ensure all work carried out to high standards, in compliance with Quality Management Systems.
• Implemented Health and Safety procedures in compliance with policies and statutory legislation.
• Liaised with clients and adapted work sheets to meet bespoke customer requirements.
• Carried out extensive checks to ensure all parts and equipment met high specifications.
• Installed and maintained hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical engineering systems.
• Used fork lift trucks to manipulate wheels and tyres onto axles for testing prior to loading.
• Prepared data and documentation for input into export document management systems.
• Loaded/unloaded axles, cabs and heavy equipment throughout manufacturing process.
• Took part in team briefings and meetings and encouraged feedback to discuss and resolve any production/shipping/health & safety issues.
HM Prison Service
Jun 2001 – Jan 2006
Supervised, managed and controlled prisoners, both pre and post-sentencing.
• Managed prisoners and maintained order, ensuring prison routines operated effectively.
• Dealt with incidents as ‘first on scene’ and worked with team to resolve them.
• Prepared documentation and reports for verification and quality purposes.
• Used IT systems to maintain and update records.
• Undertook first aid, fire, health & safety and COSHH training.
HM Forces – Royal Regiment of Wales
Mechanical Technician (Team Leader)
May 1995 – Jun 2001
Led a team of 8 technicians and provided mechanical support for a range of tracked vehicles, including slinging and strapping on low loaders, throughout operational tours and exercises in hostile and non-hostile environments such as Bosnia, Kosovo, N. Ireland and Germany.
• Subject matter expert in vehicle inspections, provided advice and guidance to both senior management and technicians regarding inspection policy and procedure.
• Demonstrated strong safety leadership by promoting a positive health and safety culture, embedding Health and Safety into all working practices.
• Managed resources and allocated workloads to coordinate vehicle servicing and periodic inspection schedules, liaising with front line customers and contractors.
• Completed and maintained all documentation and inspection records.
• Trained and supervised engineering technicians, improving vocational skills and knowledge.
• Led team briefings, cascaded relevant information and encouraged feedback.
• Developed technical capabilities of direct reports and carried out regular performance reviews against agreed Key Performance Indicators and Service Levels (SLAs).
• Played key part in Quick Reaction Force deployed to Bosnia to provide helicopter support and undertook risk assessments for helicopter landings.
• Diploma in Business Improvement in Science & Manufacturing Birmingham Metropolitan
• Stage 1 Banksman & Slinger (OPITO Approved) Survivex Ltd
• Offshore Medical (OGUK) Abermed
• Norwegian Escape Chute (OLF) Survivex Ltd
• BOSIET with HUET & EBS (OPITO Approved) Survivex Ltd
• MIST (OPITO Approved) Survivex Ltd
• RTIIB Fork Lift Operator Redilift Ltd
• Backhoe Loader Licence
• Compact Wheel Loader Licence
• Shunter Lorry Licence
• Six Sigma – Green & Yellow Belt
• Level 1 Certificate in English City & Guilds
• Level 1 Certificate in Mathematics City & Guilds
Training & Development
• Health & Safety Level 1
• Working at Height
• Working in Confined Spaces
• Manual Handling
• Fire Warden
• First Aid at Work
• Air Cargo Security
• Airport & Airline Ground Security
• Meritorious Service Award – Bosnia | GSM – N. Ireland | NATO Medal – Yugoslavia
• Full UK Driving Licence & Passport
• Interests: rugby, coaching rugby, children’s charity work
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.