I have worked at Senior Management/Director level for over 18 years. I am fortunate to have extensive experience within Sales & Marketing, Organisational Develop, Education, Human Resources, Consultancy and General Management, with a MA in HRM and am a Fellow of the CIPD. Experience of working in, and engaging with multiple sectors, from Manufacturing and Logistics, Education, Transport, Retail as well as Oil & Gas. Familiar of working with many diverse cultured organisations.
Qualifications & Education
2011 ILM Professional Training Techniques.
2010 ICF Accredited Business & Executive Coaching.
2009 – 2010 IDM Certificate in B2B Marketing.
2008 Tack Training Field Sales Management.
2006 Tack Training Key Account Development
2003 – 2004 Northumbria University. MA – HR Management.
2001 – 2003 Northumbria University. Post Graduate Diploma – HR Management.
1999 – 2000 CIPD. Certificate in Personnel Practice.
1994 – 1997 Sunderland College. HNC – Mechanical & Production Engineering.
1987 – 1990 ICS Diploma – Electronic Engineering.
1977 – 1981 Newcastle College. ONC – Electrical Engineering.
1972 – 1977 Rutherford School. 8 GCE subject passes.
2009 Associate Member of the Institute of Direct Marketing (IDM)
2006 Chartered Fellow of the CIPD.
2004 Chartered Member of the CIPD
1998 Associate of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Sample Clients Engaged and Managed.
Bus-Coach- Rail First Group – Arriva – Stagecoach £1.5m
Logistics Brakes Group – DHL £2.1m
Manufacturing. Ford –Lear – Johnson Control £1.8m
Supermarket Morrisons £1.3M
Retail BHS – Next £0.5m
Public Sector Doncaster CC – Peterborough CC £0.2m
2012 to date
Sales Director (Business Impact UK Ltd)
• Main board position responsible for National Sales & Marketing function within a private training provider. Reporting to the board and investors on strategy, growth and target achievement.
• Head up growth strategy for the company.
• Achievement of partnership and sales targets around funded and commercial income, through national sales & marketing team.
• Developing personnel to meet the needs of an expanding company.
• Winning national contract with large supermarket chain – £1.3m income, through bidding and pitching.
• Achievement of annual growth of 53%.
• Establishing a 16-18 recruitment & apprenticeship model to achieve 60% growth year on year.
• Increase non funded commercial income by 30% within specific niche sectors.
• Increase SFA funding contracts and partnership contracts.
2010 to 2014
Company Director (Facet Solutions Ltd)
• Developing Business Growth & Development Consultancy.
• Sales & Marketing Strategy and Tactics.
• Develop company offering to achieve overall objectives.
• Deliver client interventions, consulting and training delivery.
• Winner ‘Best Business Start up Company 2012’.
• Increase business turnover and profitability by >28% year on year
• Successful delivery of Sales & Marketing program to achieve growth
• Development of challenging and all-inclusive client programs to meet business growth plans and Leadership & Development programs.
• Positive client feedback from every program assignment.
2008 – 2010
Group Account Development Director (Intraining Group – Part of NCG)
• Responsibility for the Management & Development of the companies Key Accounts.
• Work with Senior Management to establish Sales & Marketing and Business Engagement Strategy, reporting to CEO.
• Align divisional business engagement for client development.
• Achievement of agreed business growth.
• Manage team of Client Development Managers.
• Develop existing client’s business activity with Intraining, by up to 60%.
• Engage new national clients winning business of £1-2m.
• Develop Intraining Group offer to meet client needs.
2007 – 2008
Regional Director (NE – Yorkshire & Humber) (Carter & Carter Group PLC)
Carter and Carter Group PLC were acquired by Intraining, TUPE Transfer.
• Develop relationships with Key stakeholders in the public and private sectors, LSC’s, RDA’s, Government office etc.
• Strategic and operational business planning for both regions, including the integration of this strategy into the wider business units.
• Instigate Business Development opportunities with both regions, against regional objectives.
• Manage operational requirements of larger National Accounts
• Increase contractual requirements with local LSC’s and other funding providers.
• Set regional business strategy and deliver against objectives.
• Control and roll out of National programmes operationally.
2005 – 2007
National Account Manager (Carter & Carter Group PLC)
• Engage with, manage and develop key national accounts.
• Establish and maintain strategic relationships in the public and private sectors.
• Manage client provision within delivery, cost, quality and compliance requirements.
• Develop unique bespoke delivery models for client requirements.
• Win national programmes worth >£1.5m.
• Develop supply base of main client.
• Successful development of bespoke program within 60% of development timings
• Meet and exceed client’s delivery expectations for quality and delivery.
2004 – 2005
Senior Manager. (assa training & learning)
Assa training & learning were acquired by Carter and Carter Group PLC, TUPE Transfer.
• Management and development of Regional RDA Automotive contract and Regional DTI Supply Chain Contract, through Program Managers.
• Manager HR and H&S function small team of professionals.
• Develop business opportunities for company
• Engage major decision makers in the public and private sectors.
• Manage HR function through due diligence process.
• Engage with clients to achieve c £1m of business
1992 – 2004
Human Resource & General Affairs Manager. (R-TEK LTD)
Head of Corporate services function within an Anglo/Japanese automotive manufacturing company of c350 employees across two sites.
Manage and develop:
• Human Resource Function.
• Training and development.
• Health & Safety.
• IT • Payroll and pension provision.
• Site facilities management.
• Small professional team through objective and targets.
• Departmental budgets.
• Establishing an HR function within a company through systematic introduction of procedures and practice.
• Managing the successful increase in workforce of 50% by introducing pre-employment and on-the-job training.
• Introduction of NVQ program within the plant (89% of workforce achieving qualifications).
• Successfully introduced union presence within the existing and continuing Company Council framework.
• Develop internal measurable communications to increase staff awareness and motivation.
• Development and introduction of two appraisal systems within the company.
• Project manage the successful introduction of HR, payroll and T&A systems within the company.
1995 – 1998. Production Supervisor. (R-TEK LTD)
1992 – 1995. Maintenance Engineer. (R-TEK LTD)
1990 – 1991. Commissioning Engineer. (NC Services)
1989 – 1990. Maintenance Engineer. (Cascade UK)
1982 – 1989. Senior Submersible Engineer. (Sub Sea Offshore)
1977 – 1981. Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship. (NEI Parsons)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.