An ambitious and dedicated Health Care Assistant with 10 years’ experience. Maintains a strong patient focus at all times, ensuring consistently high standards of care and support. Utilizes excellent communication and interpersonal teams to develop productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels. Adept at supporting and training student nurses.
2010 – date MAIDSTONE HOSPITAL, Maidstone, Kent, UK
Health Care Assistant (Band 2), Ophthalmology department
• Diligently setting up the clinic in preparation for daily activities and utilizing extensive training and experience to carefully check the vision acuity of every patient
• Utilizing strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with patients on daily basis, responding knowledgeably to queries and allaying any concerns by providing relevant information
• Administering dilating drops as required, performing a diverse range of tests and accurately recording results to facilitate the development of an appropriate plan of care
• Applying a wide range of technical skills and knowledge to perform auto refraction, topography, OCT (Macular and disc), also, checking IOP
• Working effectively as part of a team in the fast-paced AMD and post op clinic, additionally, organizing laser clinics YAG and Argone
• Ensuring the efficient operation of the clinic on a daily basis, applying excellent problem solving skills to address any issues as they arise
• Collaborating with colleagues to provide comprehensive training to student nurses in the correct administration of clinic procedures and working alongside the multi-skilled hospital staff bank
• Continually enhancing skills and knowledge by working across all departments, including medical, surgical, medical rehabilitation, stroke rehabilitation and oncology
• Performing duties as an HCA Band-3 member of the team, assisting patients with personal hygiene care/feeding and supporting trained nurses to conduct patient observations, compete charts and provide the best care
• Maintaining a strong patient focus at all times, ensuring that both emotional and physical needs are catered for, additionally, providing support to families/carers
• Conscientiously maintaining all required records, including FB charts, food charts and stool charts, also, preparing patient notes, ensuring high levels of accuracy
2004 – 2010 DARLAND HOUSE NURSING HOME, Gillingham, Kent, UK
• Providing a wide range of support and healthcare services to residents suffering with Dementia, while encouraging maximum independence
2003 – 2004 BNA NURSING AGENCY, UK
Health Care Assistant
• Providing consistently high levels of patient care and support across various wards with the hospital, ensuring compliance with all relevant policies, procedures and regulations at all times
Education & Qualifications
Diploma Level 3:
(Previously NVQ) Health and Social Care
City & Guilds, UK, 2009
Diploma Level 2:
(Previously NVQ) Health and Social Care
City & Guilds, UK, 2006
B.A: General subject
Allama Iqbal Open University, Pakistan, 2000
Emergency Aid in the Workplace for Appointed Persons, Charters Centre for Professional Training, 2003
Ophthalmic Education Program; introduction to vision testing and drops administration
Overview of Issues in Dementia Care
Equality and Diversity
Mental Capacity Awareness
Bereavement and Loss
Updated all mandatory trainings to work in NHS
Languages: Fluent English, fluent Urdu, Punjabi (spoken) and Hindi (spoken)
Driving licence: Full; clean
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.