Motivated engineer with aerospace experience, experience with both large and small sized businesses. Past based experience with tooling design, aerospace documentation and lean-sigma. Keen developer of best-practice and procedures.
Production Engineer (Current)
Messier-Bugatti-Dowty, Messier-Services MRO, Gloucester, United Kingdom
• Identification of improved process tools and procedures (kaizen).
• Management of non-compliances, corrective action on quality escapes (8D analysis) and quality improvement actions.
• Leading development of tooling requirements including design, maintenance, reliability and repeatability.
• Assisting with specification of new machine and process tools.
• Supporting standardisation of operational documentation.
• Exploring and identifying best practices.
• Technical review of documentation including SBs, ADs, CMM updates and process specifications.
• Co-ordination of new repairs and concessions.
• Auditing (internal and supplier).
• Internal work procedures, QCP compliance, product, scrap review support.
• Maintenance and development of current and new capability.
• OEM, supplier and customer interfacing.
• Process ownership.
Graduate Engineer (1.5 years)
Messier-Bugatti-Dowty, Gloucester, United Kingdom (including three months in Messier-Dowty Ajax Toronto)
• Created report layouts to allow floor inspectors to submit concessions.
• Shop floor work in Gloucester: gear stripping, inspection, machining, NDT, etc.
• Assembly and disassembly of gears, both on-site and with Aircraft-On-Ground in London Luton Airport and Devon, UK.
• Product description documents for Eurofighter, BAE146, Tornado, & P180.
• Eurofighter and BAE146 modifications.
• Handling Technical Events for Customer Service Engineering.
• Customer Service Engineering projects; development of repair reference documents, temperature indication paint testing, measurement of thickness of bogie beam beneath stop pad for A330/A340
• Tooling design of scraper to be used by Surface Treatment for testing of paint coupons.
• Capital Expenditure and evaluating purchase of a new CNC machine for regrinding cutters.
• Standardising CF-18 repair layouts for NLG and MLG in R&O of Ajax and designed a program to filter this data into manageable quantities.
Intern Mechanical Engineer (9 months)
2M Engineering, Veldhoven, Eindhoven, the Netherlands
• Designing and testing of hermetic packaging for an Electric Doubled Layered Capacitor (also known as a SuperCapacitor) for use in camera phones.
• Testing specific conductivity of high concentrate battery acid.
• Certifications from the EU on Rules on Hazardous Substances (EU Directive 2002/95/EC).
• Technical and electrical drawings (using SolidWorks) for experimental apparatus and tooling.
Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (2012 – present)
Continued Professional Development to CEng (P.Eng equivalent). Expected 2015/2016.
University of Limerick, Republic of Ireland (2008 – 2012)
Honours Bachelor of Aeronautical Engineering
Heywood Secondary School, Republic of Ireland (2002 – 2012)
Honours Leaving Certificate (equivalent to a Canadian Diploma or 4.5 British A-levels)
English (native), Irish Gaelic (advanced), German (intermediate), Afrikaans (intermediate)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.