During my time as an Office Manager on Capitol Hill, I have demonstrated a consistently strong work ethic, great communication skills, strong leadership skills, and a creative and effective approach to tasks and projects. Working as a team member and directly under a member of Congress for two years has given me a platform to cultivate as a leader. I will bring strong administrative skills as well as a positive and enthusiastic attitude to your organization/office.
Education And Qualifications
MA Candidate (2014)
Field: International Studies & Diplomacy
School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London
Major: Child Psychology (2010)
Minor: African American Studies
University of Minnesota-TC Bachelor’s Degree
International Studies Morocco (Fall of 2009 for 3.5 months)
Studied Moroccan culture, Arabic (Intensive courses; equivalent of 2 years proficiency), and International Affairs.
Roseville Area High School Diploma (2006 )
Office Manager (January 2012-August 2013)
United States House of Representatives (Office of Rep. Donna Edwards MD-04)
• Coordinating interns
• Providing constituent aid services
• Arranging congressional tours
• Staffing the Congresswoman
• Logging constituent concerns into database (Intranet Quorum or IQ)
• Scheduling rooms for events
• Providing staff support
Interned for Congresswoman Donna Edwards’ Capitol Hill office, Running Start Star Fellowship (September-December 2011)
Research Assistant (2010-2011)
National Children’s Study-National Institute of Health (NIH)
• Interviewed children & parents within the homeless shelter system
• Entered data into the NIH study
• Accompanying Dr. Masten to faculty meetings and conferences where we would present the data we collected
Research Assistant (2009-2010)
Professor, Dr. Ann Masten, Mary’s Place Homeless Shelter
• Administered Q&A’s with children and parents
• Collected data on resiliency patterns of children
• Helped enter data for Dr. Ann Masten
Assistant Teacher (Daycare) (2009-2011)
Minneapolis Public Schools
• Working with infants (from toddlers and preschool aged children)
• Aiding and facilitating progressive child development skills
• presenting data (progress and limitations) to faculty in the greater Minneapolis Public School system
Research Assistant (2007-2010)
Professor, Dr. Ann Masten People Serving People Homeless Shelter
• Drafting consent forms for parents as prerequisites to participation in study
• Administering and creating Q&A’s for children and parents within the study
• Helped enter data for Dr. Ann Masten
• Aided in presenting data to faculty
Admissions Tele-counselor (2007-2010)
University of Minnesota Admissions
• Coordinating calls to prospective students from within the country and abroad
• Answering any queries of prospective students and parents
• Facilitating and coordination group tours of the University of Minnesota campus for prospective students and their parents
Volunteer/Community Service Work (August 2014-Present)
Africa Advocacy Foundation
• Working closely with AAF admin within and throughout the community
• Speaking to young women (High School age) about FGM and training them to be champions in their communities
• Aiding and helping facilitate group meetings with women that have gone through FGM
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.