I have extensive experience in HVAC and project management within retail sector, service industries and military contracts, giving me varied skills and the ability to work with many different types of people. I believe I could fit easily into any team.
I am a conscientious person who works hard and pays attention to detail. I'm flexible, quick to pick up new skills and eager to learn from others. I also have lots of ideas and enthusiasm. I'm keen to work for a company with a great reputation.
• Experienced Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering Manager seeks a new opportunity to demonstrate his skills with a forward-thinking organisation.
• Proven expertise working on a range of different A/C and refrigeration projects, with a thorough technical knowledge of all aspects of installation, maintenance, service and repair. A strong record of diagnosing and solving problems in high-pressure situations.
• Excellent project management and facilities management skills. Able to quickly understand a customer’s needs, then plan and execute a comprehensive scheme that meets those requirements in a time and cost-efficient manner.
• Strong business skills. Able to win new business and account manage existing clients to deliver sustainable business that allows the company to meet and exceed sales targets and achieve sustainable growth in a competitive market sector.
• Able to manage, motivate and inspire a diverse team to deliver a consistently high level of performance and meet customer needs.
• Excellent communication skills. Able to quickly build strong relationships with colleagues and clients to develop a positive and trusting working environment where all parties are able to achieve their goals.
• Possesses a flexible and innovative approach, always willing to learn from his peers and evolve in order to find individual solutions to a wide range of customer needs.
• Excellent knowledge of all relevant health & safety protocols and government regulations relating to refrigerants and A/C systems.
• Willing and able to travel as required (UK and international).
Key Areas Of Expertise
• Air Conditioning (A/C)
• Facilities Management
• Contract Management
• Team Management
• Client Relationship Management (CRM)
• Project Management
• Commissioning / Decommissioning
• Subcontractor Management
• System Design
• Gas Disposal
• Chilled Water Systems
• Fault Finding
• Silver Soldering
• Duct Work
• Air Handling Units
1991 – Present
Lewis Air Conditioning Ltd, Worcester
Service & Installation Manager
• Manage a series of air conditioning projects for commercial and domestic clients across the UK with some international projects, including installations, maintenance, repair and service work. These have included a range of one-off jobs and continuing service contracts with a wide range of end user clients, M&E contractors and construction companies.
• Work closely with clients to gain a thorough understanding of their requirements. Produce detailed site surveys and competitive quotes to win business.
• Liaise and negotiate with clients to secure and deliver a high standard of service on numerous planned and reactive maintenance contracts across the UK.
• Manage key accounts through the entire project lifecycle from installation through to final commissioning and end user demonstrations. Have built and maintained strong relationships with key decision-makers to facilitate positive communication.
• Manage project schedules, ensuring all projects are completed on schedule according to customer specification. Coordinate own projects as well as engineers working solo on their own jobs.
• Coordinate discussions and meetings with clients, subcontractors, site managers, contract managers, foremen, quantity surveyors, architects and other stakeholders.
• Liaise with external agencies (such as the Corporation of London or local councils) to secure planning permission for the installation and use of specific equipment, road closures, cranes, etc. and to obtain relevant permits (such as hot works or working at height).
• Measure up for materials and parts for specific job requirements. Liaise with suppliers to place orders, obtaining favourable prices and terms of business on a range of A/C products, consumables and office equipment. Coordinate deliveries of materials and equipment to site or head office as required.
• Manage up to 12 staff, including engineers and office-based support personnel. Responsible for all recruitment and retention of staff, task allocation, target setting, performance management, training and all disciplinary issues.
• Hire and coordinate external contractors for specific projects. Ensure that they follow the project schedule and deliver a value-for-money service.
• Manage all risk assessments, method statements and health & safety procedures, ensuring that all staff and contractors are in full compliance with all relevant government regulations and industry best practice at all times.
• Manage all documentation to ensure customer and project records are accurate, up-to-date and securely stored using paper and electronic data management systems. This includes timesheets and vehicle checklists.
• Act as point of escalation for any issues or queries, endeavouring to resolve them in a fair and timely manner.
• Maintain thorough industry knowledge, including new product developments and improved techniques.
• Clients typically include offices (large and small units), supermarkets, computer rooms, factories, sports centres, restaurants, bars, care homes, hotels, etc. as well as domestic customers.
Selected Major Projects:
• Project managed a complex installation at RAF Ascension, a British military base in the Ascension Islands in the South Atlantic Ocean. Worked closely with military and civilian personnel to complete the demanding project on schedule.
• Managed the installation of new A/C units for a 250-bedroom hotel for a major leisure chain.
• Secured contracts to install and maintain units for local express stores for major supermarket brands, including Morrisons, Tesco and Sainsbury.
• Managed the installation of A/C units in the Vertigo 42 Champagne Bar at the top of Tower 42, London.
• Project managed a job at Heathrow Airport to install units at the in-flight meal food production facility.
• Secured and delivered a 2-floor fit out contract at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole hotel.
• Completed a major refurbishment including A/C, partitioning, ventilation and a computer control room in an office development for a major company in the City of London.
1988 – 1991
Northants Refrigeration Ltd, Northampton
Senior Service & Installation Engineer
• Worked on a series of installation and service projects, including installations at major supermarkets through to commissioning and handover.
• Managed all site labour, health & safety, ordering of materials and project scheduling.
1980 – 1988
Stanley Refrigeration Services Ltd, Birmingham
Apprentice / Senior Service & Installation Engineer
• Completed 3-year apprenticeship then progressed through the company working on a series on installation and service projects.
Education & Professional Training
• International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) – Mobile Elevation Work Platforms (MEWPS) Operators (valid until 2017)
• City & Guilds – F GAS and ODS Regulations; Handling Refrigerants
• Technician Education Council (TEC) – Certificate in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (Mathematics; Refrigeration Technology; Refrigeration & A/C Drawings: Refrigeration & A/C Materials; Refrigeration & A/C Science; Refrigeration & A/C Installation)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.