I have extensive experience as a HR/ Business Partner with a strong focus on Employee Relations providing high-end strategic advice, coaching and support for Senior Management in the areas of employment law, change management, performance management and recruitment in order to not only maintain but improve the performance and growth of the business.
Qualifications & Memberships
University of Bedfordshire – Masters in HR Management
Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
XP and PowerPoint
Employment Law training – November 2014
Government Proposals and Reform of Employment Law 2012/2013
Equality Act 2010 – Legal Framework
TUPE- Transfer of Undertakings- The legal framework
An experienced HR professional specializing in Employee Relations with strong strategic and operational expertise gained over eight years’ in large service-industry organisation.s
Possess a breadth and depth of ER experience gained in a fast-paced matrix environment, Proven track record in delivering high-end strategic advice, coaching and support for Senior Management in the areas of employment law, change management, performance management and recruitment that not only maintains but improves the performance and growth of the business. Technical knowledge of TUPE, grievance resolution, absence, disciplinary, HR policy development and CIPD qualified with a Masters in Human Resource Management.
Jul 13 – Present
• Supporting the business in dealing with ER issues leading in the management of all contentious ER cases. Acting as the subject matter expert for a wider team and sharing knowledge and best practice
• Provide exceptional ER advice, from absence management to complex employee relations cases
• Work with line managers to ensure Performance development plans are in place
• Communicate and coordinate with all relevant parties, advising and supporting line manager in relation complex ER cases
Feb 09 – Dec 12
HR/ Business Partner
• Partnering with Senior Management supporting their division in all areas of the HR function. Collaborated with Senior Management and HR to set the strategic direction of ER activities that supported the business, i.e. restructures, redundancies and relocations. Advised and coached on Employment Law, Company policy and Trade Union issues/changes, balancing employment legislation and best practice with operational requirements
• Sought to ensure compliance of Company HR policy & procedures with changing employment legislation, and facilitate consultative processes either to meet legislative requirements and/or Company requirements i.e. TUPE, Redundancy, Terms & Conditions. Acting as Employee Team Leader and representing the HR department on ER issues
• Compiling a new Absence and attendance policy, which enabled the Company to manage employee absence external to the remits of the disciplinary procedure
• Leading on Redundancy and Change Management programmes
• Facilitating the transfer of staff from contractor to Total UK Direct Operations and supported senior managers in departmental restructures in line with best practice and complex TUPE legislation
• Design and support delivery of TUPE projects
• Delivering an Employee Relations refresher training course for over 250 line managers across Total UK
• Managing cases through to Employment tribunals, and achieve successful resolutions to medium/high risk Employee Relations issues such as disciplinaries, grievances and dismissals to reduce tribunal claims and cost to the business
• Aligning Channel Islands HR practices with the UK practices, and streamlined Terms & Conditions for the Scheduling team
• Discussing and agreeing level of relocation support and assistance between line manager, director, and HR
• Negotiating with solicitors on specific Compromise Agreements where there are areas of dispute
• Monitoring and assisting in managing absence, performance, discipline and grievance and take ownership of complex cases
• Undertaking projects and assist in other areas of HR as required in order to assist the department in achieving its objectives. i.e TUPE, Redundancies of over 500 staff and restructures
• Experience of reviewing, implementing and monitoring computer records, producing statistics to aid in management decision making
• Liaising with Company Appointed Doctors in respect of potential cases that may result in medical severance from the Company, and an active member of the Senior Management Committee in deciding on cases of medical severance
• Handling ER issues on Maternity/Paternity/sabbaticals etc
• Working closely with Senior Managers and functional teams across the entire company, notably commercial and transport divisions (circa 600 people)
• Dealing with team performance issues, including disciplinary actions, improvement plans and staff productivity – also, managing employee relations, internal communications and direct reports
Oct 07 – Dec 08
• Working on the BT contract, handling c50 ER cases on-shore and providing assistance to off-shore case advisors. Provided guidance and support to managers and senior HR professionals in handling complex Employee Relations issues, dealing with Absence, Discipline and Grievance
Specific skills included:
• Managing professional and quality driven case management, checking cases and prioritizing teamwork in line with internal targets
• Responsible for service delivery both on and offshore, ensuring integrated service is delivered in liaison with specialist teams and other service lines
• Managing all high level and complex cases and providing a liaison point for external consultants and third party providers
• Ensuring revenue from clients is billed and meets monthly billing targets, and all data is recorded accurately and within timescales
• Enhancing quality in all aspects of case management, from training through to client interaction
• Attending and participating in meetings, facilitating meetings, participating in investigations and ensuring procedures are adhered to in managing employee relations issues
• Liaison with the Legal department to assess risk of progressing case to resolution, and preparing paperwork for tribunal cases
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.