My experience in providing high quality analytical expertise to solve problems and manage projects, coupled with my ability to collaborate with colleagues from different departments to achieve shared outcomes, will result in sustainable and effective performance improvements. My strengths include team working, using my initiative, and providing appropriate support to management, which has resulted in the efficient identification of issues and effective problem solving.
My experience in providing high quality analytical expertise to solve problems and manage projects, coupled with my ability to collaborate with colleagues from different departments to achieve shared outcomes, will result in sustainable and effective performance improvements. My
strengths include team working, using my initiative, and providing appropriate support to management, which has resulted in the efficient identification of issues and effective problem solving.
Data Analyst [Business Critical Rules Programme]
Network Rail | Milton Keynes
October 2014 – Present
The Business Critical Rules Programme develops and publishes mandatory technical and cultural requirements that apply to everyone within Network Rail. I support the production process by obtaining and analysing various datasets to provide a quantitative basis for the products the Programme delivers to the Functions within Network Rail.
• Initiated and led a complete rewrite of the analytical process used to identify the areas that require focus to make it applicable for the data held by the organisation
• Integral role in establishing the risk profile for Plant assets by identifying asset data limitations
• Identification of necessary data quality improvements to increase the safety of Plant assets
Reporting Analyst/Performance Improvement Specialist [Contracts & Procurement/National Supply Chain]
Network Rail | Milton Keynes |
August 2013 – October 2014
I was part of newly formed Performance Analysis Team within the Finance department of NSC. The remit of the role was to support the information needs of the wider department at all levels with a focus on providing expertise to drive performance and efficiency improvements.
• Overhauled all regular reports to improve their accuracy and the speed of production by introducing automation where possible while capturing work instructions for all processes. This reduced report reduction time by over 80 hours in every four week reporting cycle
• Development of a tracker system which permitted monitoring of financial spends and adherence to contract management procedures
Data Analyst [Infrastructure]
Network Rail | Milton Keynes |
March 2012 – August 2013
My role revolved around asset data management across a range of core systems with a specific focus on data quality. This involved identifying areas of improvement, producing performance reports and progressing remedial action to improve data quality.
• Re-developing an existing report in Xcelsius to improve its usability by offering dynamic data manipulation features allowing readers to drill down to specific detailed information
• Key member of a project team that developed a product to assist in prioritizing the rollout of a newly developed specialised hard wearing rail type to maximize its impact and save the organisation money in terms of maintenance costs
Gift Fundraising | London |
December 2010 – February 2012
Gift Fundraising conducted street fundraising campaigns on behalf of a wide range of charities that tackled different issues. My main responsibilities involved supporting all the departments of the company in their various data and reporting needs, from the Client Liaison Team to the Managing Directors and the Operations team, and also identifying any performance risks and ensuring they were appropriately tackled.
• Developing and populating a database to collate outcome data from all campaigns in order to enable detailed analysis of overall company performance
• Redeveloped the role through the creation of an analysis work schedule which streamlined the production of analysis reports and ensured the data needs of all the departments were met in a timely fashion, while moving the role away from being purely reactive to departmental needs to one which is far more predictive in meeting these needs
Northamptonshire Police | Northampton |
July 2006 – December 2010
The ComPaSS Unit was an independent team hosted by Northamptonshire Police which provided analytical, performance management and other technical support to the six Community Safety Partnerships (CSPs) in the county. My main responsibilities involved producing strategic assessments and performance reports through data collation, processing and analysis; attending and presenting findings to strategic meetings; and building and maintaining relationships with partner agencies and providing expert knowledge and analytical support where necessary.
• Producing six monthly performance reports for the strategic boards of the CSPs which informed decision making at the executive level
• Identification of priorities for the CSP partnership strategic assessments which allowed the partnerships to focus resources more directly and to achieve sustainable results, making the community safer
• Integral to establishing an analytical problem-solving approach that contributed to a 20% and 37% reduction in crime and anti-social behaviour respectively over four years
• Extensive experience in using the full range of Microsoft products including Excel, PowerPoint and Access
• Data cleansing, processing, and advanced data analytical experience using Crystal Reports, Xcelsius, Business Intelligence, Business Objects, SQL Server, VBA and SPSS
• Report writing for a variety of audiences from colleagues to executive boards
• Appropriately presenting findings and making recommendations for action to executive boards
Certication & Memberships
• PRINCE2 Project Management Registered Practitioner
• The Consultation Institute Certificate of Professional Development
• Strategic Analyst (accredited by the UK National Analysts working group)
• Leadership Course
• Assertiveness Skills Since Mar 2010
Education & Qualifications
• University of Kent, Canterbury – Upper Second Class BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Aug 2003)
• Moulton School Sixth Form, Northampton – A Levels: Computer Science (A), Geography (B), History (C) aug 2003)
• St. Peters Independent School, Northampton – 9 GCSEs grades A to C including English and Mathematics (Aug 1997)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.