Versatile, bilingual finance professional with over 5 years of experience in both financial accounting and treasury. Expertise in month end closing activities, cash management and expenses analysis. Keen ability to provide results analysis for senior management and to work well across all levels of the organization. Outstanding pro-active leader who can motivate, train, and provide guidance to other team members to ensure outstanding results.
Versatile, bilingual finance professional with over 5 years of experience in both financial accounting and treasury. Expertise in month end closing activities, cash management, financial reporting and expenses analysis. Keen ability to provide results analysis for senior management and to work well across all levels of the organization. Outstanding pro-active leader who can motivate, train, and provide guidance to other team members to ensure outstanding results. Skilled communicator, able to build strong working relationships and uncover ways to improve processes throughout the company.
• Strong analytical and technical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Results oriented and ability to meet deadlines.
• Quick learner and ease to adapt to new environments.
• Meticulous and great attention to detail.
• Extensive working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), SAP, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, Accurate, OnBase and Concur.
• Fluent in English (IELTS 8.5) and Spanish (Native).
Thomas Cook Airlines (Manchester, United Kingdom)
August 13 – Present
General Ledger Accountant Assistant
• Worked together with colleagues to successfully complete the project of insourcing the Finance Department. Streamlined operations, combined activities and improved processes to reduce workload an unnecessary steps along the process.
• Significantly reduced outstanding credit card transactions (£500k) by developing a new credit card policy and an expense claim manual. Tightened controls around the expenses claim process which reduced both, administration workload and P&L risks.
• Reduced the number of days to agree intercompany accounts at period end from 5 to 3 days. Introduced mid-month processes and procedures to improve timing and communication in order to reduce workload at period end.
• Significantly reduced vendor prepaid balances (£3m) by producing full vendor reconciliations, posting outstanding invoices and clearing old queries with vendors. Optimized prepayments procedures and assumed control of invoice processing and clearing for all prepaid accounts.
• Worked in different projects as a member of the LEAN team to promote continuous improvement within the finance department.
• Prepare daily cash flow forecast and daily variance analysis.
• Supervise month-end closing procedures and prepare corresponding closing journals, accruals and prepayments.
• Manage the credit card expenses process and prepare monthly credit card accruals.
• Prepare Inter-company billings, agreements and reconciliations.
• Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations identifying and correcting variances.
• Undertake proactive analysis of customer records to successfully defend chargeback cases with the bank and respond in a timely manner to all requests for information regarding disputes.
• Prepare ad hoc reports required by the business to monitor processes and identify process improvements opportunities.
• Assist AR with weekly cash allocations and investigation of unknown receipts and AP with monthly invoice postings and approvals requests.
• Provide support before and during audits.
Grant Thornton Australia Limited (Sydney, Australia)
Group Treasury Analyst May 11 – May 13
Group Financial Accounts Assistant October 10 – May 11
• Successfully developed and implemented a new financial risk and treasury policy. Recognized for improving company’s cash position, reducing interest expenditure and streamlining cash flow forecasting process.
• Lead in project to develop a payroll conversion tool to automate the payroll upload process. New tool increased payroll accuracy by reducing the number of adjustments, facilitated variance analysis and streamlined the reconciliation and reporting process.
• Driving stagnant projects forward including: desktop working procedures documentation, BS reconciliation (reconciled over 100 BS accounts) and automation of spreadsheets and global standardization.
• Prepare daily and monthly cash flow forecasts including variance analysis and comments.
• Prepare monthly balance sheet summarizing current and projected company financial position and providing variance analysis.
• Prepare and distribute daily cash position reports.
• Calculate and report current and forecasted bank covenants ensuring compliance at all times.
• Prepare monthly accruals and closing journals for month end ensuring accuracy in the Balance Sheet and P&L.
• Prepare customized financial reports including balance sheet and cash flow commentaries and board packs for planning and decision-making.
• Prepare monthly financial risk and management report.
• Calculate monthly long service leave provision and annual leave on costs.
• Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations and research discrepancies.
• Prepare payroll reconciliations and variance analysis.
• Assist in the preparation of yearly budgets.
• Assist in the preparation of yearly financial statements in compliance with IFRS.
• Assist in annual external audits and preparation of requested documentation.
• Assist management with borrowing decisions and recommend hedging strategies.
• Assist management with special projects implementation and ad hoc reports.
• Maintenance of Group’s commercial bills, leasing register and guarantees records.
• Manage the opening, closing, and maintenance of bank accounts.
• Manage relationships with financial service providers.
Inveramerica Financial Advising (Caracas, Venezuela)
July 07 – July 08
Education & Qualifications
ACCA Member (2015)
Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA). Manchester, UK.
Master of Professional Accounting (2010).
University of New South Wales (UNSW). Sydney, Australia.
Master of Financial Analysis (2009).
University of New South Wales (UNSW). Sydney, Australia.
Bachelor of Business Administration (2007).
Universidad Católica Andrés Bello (UCAB). Caracas, Venezuela.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.