Most recently I Ihave been working for Leighton Offshore Pte Ltd, as E&I Construction Superintendent, on contract basis. I have completed my contract in Dec 2014 and I am currently looking for a new mid or senior level opportunity in Construction Management / Project Management/ Field Engineering/ Techno-Commercial Operations/ Quality assurance/ Completion management.
I have over thirteen years of experience in end-to-end management of Construction projects in a diverse range of industries such as Marine (jack-up vessels, turrets, barges, FPSO etc.), Oil & Gas (offshore drilling rigs, land rigs, platforms, oil & gas process modules etc.), Petrochemical & industrial sector.
My specialization is in Electrical & Instrumentation and hold a bachelor degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I also hold valid certifications on competency validation of personnel working on electrical apparatus used in potentially hazardous and / or explosive atmosphere installation inspections (CompEx/ Atex) and OPITO approved BOSIET.
Qualifications & Certifications
• Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronics) from The Indian Engineering College, M.S. University, Tamil Nadu, India in 2001.
• CompEx Certified (competency validation of personnel working on electrical apparatus used in potentially hazardous and / or explosive atmosphere). Certificate issued by JTL, UK.
• Certificate of Core Competence for Units EX01 to EX04. Awarded on 10th June 2011, with certificate # 28011.
• Result oriented professional with over 13 years of rich experience in end-to-end management of Construction projects in a diverse range of industries such as Marine, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Industrial Sector
• Expertise in:
– Site & Construction Management – Project Management – Site Operations
– Electrical & Instrumentation – Construction Management – Contracts Management
– Procurement & Costing – Vendor Development – Quality Control & Inspection
• Expertise in managing overall projects encompassing planning, monitoring, controlling, resource administration, delivery coordination and design checking up to handing over to client
• Deft in managing contracts involving bid formulation, bid evaluation, negotiations, placements of order, following up, monitoring, expediting, arranging inspection & dispatch, finalization of rate contracts and coordination among suppliers, contractors, clients & consultants
• Adroit in managing overall operations and preventive maintenance activities with a view to enhance the operational efficiency of operations and eliminating obsolescence
• Proficient in handling fabrication operations, carrying out tests for various processes and checking quality standards
• In-depth understanding of International codes & standards related to Electrical, Instrumentation, Telecom, Marine, Electronics and Fire & Gas Installation of ABS, DNV, RINA, API & IEC
• Adept in monitoring installations of SCRs, MCCS Houses, Control Panels, Generator Houses, etc.
• Enterprising leader with excellent communication, negotiation, problem solving, organization and people management & motivation skills
Dec ’13 – Dec ‘14.
Worked with Leighton Offshore Pte Ltd – Dubai Branch, U.A.E.
Designation: E&I Construction Superintendent
Current Project – SEA LINE (part of the Crude Oil Export Facility Reconstruction Project) for South Oil Company
Highlights on current functions –
• Reports directly to Brownfield Construction Manager and coordinates with all other lead team members.
• Coordination with Engineering, Procurement and all other disciplines for timely completion of offshore brownfield works.
• Planning and management of all resources related to the project work execution.
• Management of the construction activities of E, I, F & T discipline of Brownfield works related to the project.
• Management of all mechanical completion activities and smooth hand over to commissioning team.
• Monitoring and advising on technical detailing and estimation on works related to variation orders to be submitted to the client.
• Highlighting risks involved in execution of works, with possible mitigating solutions at the event of any unfortunate event or problems.
• Coordinating with engineering on site surveys of the brownfields and to advice appropriately on best solutions to execute works with minimum disruptions for marine vessels.
• Liaising with Sub-contractors and vendors for technical clarifications, timely completion of works, review of procedures etc.
• Monitoring of allocated budgets against actual spent and coordinating with commercial team for detailing on the same. Assisting commercial team in preparing letters to client by providing technical assessments.
Mar’05 – Nov’13
Worked with Lamprell Energy Ltd., Dubai, U.A.E.
Mar’05 – Dec’07 Junior Production Engineer
Jan’08 – May’10 Production Engineer – E&I
Jun’10 – Nov’13 E&I Superintendent
• Modules of Laggan-Tormore Project (Shetland Gas Plant (SGP)) for Petrofac / Total
• Nexen PUQ Platform for NEXEN
• Jacket & Platform Deck for Al Jalilah Field Development Project for Dubai Petroleum
• Jasmine LQ & Utility Platform for Conocophilips
• Topside Modules of FSRU LIVERNO, Process & Power Generation Modules of FPSO Aquila, Process & Power Generation Modules of FPSO GIMBOA for SAIPEM
• BWO Athena FPSO Topsides (Water Injection Module) for Ingenium
• Medium Tender Barge (MTB ABS Class Notation +A1 Unrestricted Service Barge), Alpha for Bassdrill
• Self-propelling DP2 Jack up Vessels – Seajacks Kraken & Leviathan for Seajacks (NG 2500X)
• Self-propelling DP2 Jack up Vessels – Bold Tern & Brave Tern for Fred Olsen Windcarrier (NG9000C-HPE)
• Flash Gas Compression Barges of Kashagan for SBM (Agip Kazakhstan North Caspian Operating Company)
• New Build 3000HP Land Rigs WDI RIG 827, 828, 829 & 830 for Weatherford Drilling International
• Process & Power Generation Modules of Deep Producer # 1 for FPSOCEAN
• Refurbishment of Land Rigs 144, 143, 218, 622 & 326 for Nabors Industries Ltd.
• Refurbishment of Various Land Rigs for KCA Dutag and Delma Energy
• Bow-mounted Disconnect-able Turret and Rigid Arm for SBM (Woodside Petroleum, Enfield Oil Project)
• Holds the distinction of developing an E&I team of around 400 members from scratch
• Developed a team of CompEx certified personnel, providing theoretical and on job training
• Enhanced quality and safety by introducing task specific training sessions for individuals
• Involved in bringing about change to successfully achieve the project milestones and budget stipulations by procurement of enhanced tools and people management.
• Introduced in-house training for achieving the same, rendered trainings to understand budgetary concepts to supervision team, especially for accuracy in cost bookings, monitoring of activities, establishment of time required to complete various activities.
• Played a major role in identifying the core competencies of people, evaluating the individual team members, additional training provided for strengthening core competencies, training for the areas where lack of knowledge is identified
Jun’03 – Dec’04
Worked with Al Diwan Electrical Contracting, Sharjah, U.A.E as Construction Engineer (E&I)
• Managing end to end planning and execution of expansion projects for various clients such as IFFCO group and Union Beverages Factory.
• Driving timely completion of projects through proper planning and management of manpower & resources
• Undertaking study & developing proposals for new projects and obtaining approval of the same
• Keeping close track of erection of Industrial Equipment such as Blow Molding Machines, Compressor Units, Chillers, Cooling Towers, LV Panels, etc.
o Insulation Testing of Motors, Transformers and Generators
o Installation and Repair of DC Panels
o Troubleshooting of Switchboards and Distribution Panels
o Maintenance of Armored Cable
o Servicing & repair of Marine Generator and synchronizing of Generators
• Organizing trainings on safety management for staff and implementing safety auditing of equipment
Nov’02 – Apr’03
With Kerala State Electricity Board, Kerala as Apprentice Engineer
• Successfully carried out end to end testing and commissioning of:
o Feeder Distance Protection Scheme of M/s GEC Alstom, English Electric, Easun Reyrolle, Brown Boveri, etc. Differential Scheme of Transformers
o Testing & Commissioning of Power Transformers of capacity ranging to 220MVA of various Voltage levels. (i.e. Upto 220 KV) of M/s TELK, BHEL, Easun & Hack Bridge, APEX etc.
o Control and Relay Panels, Instrument Transformers up to and including 220 KV
o Protective Scheme using Testing Kit of M/s English Electric (CFB & ZFB Test Kits), Alind and Brown Boveri, etc.
Jun’01 – Jun’02 worked with Prime Engineers, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India as Site Engineer
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.