An accomplished, extremely hard working and highly self motivated professional with more than seven years’ progressive experience within Transport, Operations, Logistics and Import/Export. As a capable leader, can motivate and empower individuals to achieve their own potential and to make a significant contribution to the full delivery of common goals.
2011 – 2014
Calidean Transport (formerly Global Econo Movers), Port Elizabeth, South Africa
TRANSPORT & OPERATIONS MANAGER / WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATIONS MANAGER
• Personally responsible for the smooth running of the entire operations, ranging from fleet management to staff management as well as training sideloader and lifter operators
• Motivating members of staff, ensuring all targets and business objectives are consistently achieved
• Effectively liaising with clients regarding the booking/placing of empty containers for packing and for full container collection as well as dealing with store control
• Carrying out invoicing, following up incoming, outgoing and account payments as well as dealing with sub contracting arrangements and tracking accounts/payments
• Creating and processing CTO’s, capturing data and planning/routing all containers and LCL cargo as well as dealing with the shipping line and port interaction for vessel and stack details
• Ensuring the provision of an exceptional client service at all times, efficiently transferring knowledge and dealing with any queries quickly and efficiently
• Arranging shipments and pre-advising of containers for export/import, creating association documentation and carrying out the compu-clearing of entries through customs
• Weighing container loads, links, and light load vehicles on CWCA weighbridge systems in addition to arranging and monitoring fleet maintenance
2009 – 2011
Global Econo Movers, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
TRANSPORT & OPERATIONS MANAGER
• Main duties as above
2008 – 2009
Hakan Agro, DMCC
ASSISTANT MANAGER OF LOGISTICS
• Personally responsible for the smooth daily running of the Dairy Department, as well as assisting in the Poultry and Pulses Departments
• Drawing up legal contracts for stock sold and purchased as well as updating spreadsheets for all contracts relating to shipment status/quantities and arranging cargo bookings, rates, shipments and transport to and from ports
• Fully accountable for ensuring all shipments are in line with legal contract shipment periods and quantities
• Regularly communicating with packers, suppliers and buyers regarding shipment status as well as arranging payments for documentation, products and clearing at destination
• Undertaking accountability for couriering and/or altering of documents as per contract to buyer, creating forecasting sheets of all products bought/sold and payment forecasting for money to be received/paid
• Clearing and forwarding both local and international cargo, creating documentation and seeking approval as well as dealing with invoicing and payment recovery
• Creating and processing of Letter of Credits (LC’s) with banks when required in addition to updating shipments on international system (Shiptrack) created for the needs of Hakan Agro
• Additionally responsible for arranging insurance for goods being shipped if contract terms require it
2006 – 2008
BLL Leads Logistics
• Playing an instrumental role as Export Controller for this company contracted to Ford Motor Company to export their engines and break bulk goods
• Personally responsible for arranging bookings with Shipping Lines, effectively liaising with personnel in transporting packed containers into port as well as various packing plants, gaining customs clearance and creating accurate documentation• Providing valuable advice to both local and international clients regarding shipping status in addition to approving and forwarding necessary documentation for clearance
2001 – 2006
Barneys Lorraine, Sportsbar & Restaurant
BAR LADY/ASSISTANT DASY BAR MANAGER OF STOCK/WAITRESS
• Providing an exceptional customer service at all times, taking orders and delivering the same within a timely and accurate manner, dealing with any queries or concerns quickly and efficiently
• Undertaking stock control and ordering, as well as assisting with stock taking in the kitchen and working in line with all governing health and safety, cleanliness and food hygiene guidelines and procedures
Tertiary Interior Design & Upholstery
Matric/Grade 12 Including Mathematics & English
Fluent English & Afrikaans
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.