A highly self-motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated individual with extensive experience and qualifications in the materials science industry, as well key strengths gained within chemical engineering as a graduate and trainee. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels and liaise with both colleagues and clients in a professional manner. A true team player who can contribute ideas and add to productivity.
A highly self-motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated individual with extensive experience and qualifications in the materials science industry, as well key strengths gained within chemical engineering as a graduate and trainee. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels and liaise with both colleagues and clients in a professional manner. A true team player who can contribute ideas and add to productivity, together with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and initiative. Remains calm under pressure, employing an analytical and methodical attitude to problem solving, and a structured approach to meet deadlines. Positive and confident with practical working knowledge of software programs and capable of writing comprehensive reports.
Failure Analysis | Product Qualification | Product Development | Materials Science | Laboratory | Metallography | Fractography | Optical Light Microscopy | Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) | EDX Analysis | Precision Etching | Coating Systems | Micro-hardness Testing | Electronic Materials | PCB | Soldering Processes | Metallurgy | Corrosion | Welding Processes | Chemical Engineering | Quality Assurance | Time Management | Root-Cause Analysis | Compositional Analysis | Mechanical Testing | Troubleshooting | Negotiation | Customer Service | Investigative Techniques | Communication | Report Writing | IT Literacy
I am now seeking a new challenging role, which will utilise my skills, knowledge and experience gained to date, and provide the opportunity to progress my career further. I am particularly interested in the fields of materials science and chemical engineering, with excellent qualifications gained in both principals.
MATERIALS SCIENTIST, Materials Consultancy Services Ltd, Scotland
2006 – 2015
• Carrying out reliability and failure analysis of a range of engineering and electronic materials, including metals, polymers, ceramics and composites
• Conducting material failure investigations across a wide range of industry sectors, such as electronics, aerospace, defence, oil and gas, and packaging
• Utilising a large number of investigative techniques and specialist methods to complete projects for the medical and pharmaceutical industries
• Providing product qualification and product development support, working with clients to find practical solutions to their issues
• Communicating effectively with clients to ascertain and understand their needs, identifying the root-cause of problems and making appropriate suggestions
• Compiling and producing scientific reports to be presented to clients, ensuring they are extremely comprehensive and understandable
• Dealing with any further questions or client queries by telephone and often making face to face visits to the client’s premises
• Demonstrating analytical techniques for performing materials analysis, chemical analysis and product reverse engineering
EARLIER CAREER SUMMARY
TRAINEE CHEMICAL ENGINEER, Al-Syed Chemical Impex, Pakistan
• A short-term trainee development role whilst studying, received training in all aspects of process development, tools, analytical equipment and software
• Required good communication skills to deal directly with customers when required to answer any individual questions or queries
• Contributed significantly towards achieving demanding output targets within defined cost and time constraints
• Initiated and assisted in research and development projects from conception through to implementation
• Performed a range of laboratory tests, and analyzed and piloted test work to support any proposed process changes
2004 – 2005
MSc MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY
Napier University, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
1999 – 2003
BSc (Eng) CHEMICAL ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology, University of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Key IT Skills
Microsoft Office (including Word and PowerPoint)
Interests: Captain of the cricket and badminton team at university. Enjoys sports and attending the gym
Languages: English and Urdu
Other: Full, clean UK driving licence
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.