Having the ability to handle complex assignments effectively and possessing the confidence to work as part of a team or independently. I am looking for a suitable opportunity with a forward thinking company where I can excel, deliver and achieve my potential.
To serve an organization where I am able to contribute to my fullest capacity and to be a partner in progress. As an honest individual who values integrity, I would like to be able to grow into a larger role.
I am a highly motivated and results driven Accountant who has over ten years of invaluable experience in leading and developing a successful finance team, skilled in numerous financial and accounting fields, including preparing financial accounts, annual budgets, monitoring key functions in finance and administration. Having the ability to handle complex assignments effectively and possessing the confidence to work as part of a team or independently. I am looking for a suitable opportunity with a forward thinking company where I can excel, deliver and achieve my potential.
I have a thorough knowledge and experience in following areas in my career;
• Ensuring smooth operation of the Finance Division
• Responsible for preparing Budgets & Financial Accounting (Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly)
• Management reports (Weekly, Monthly & Quarterly)
• Liaise with the Bank for Treasury management
• Maintain cash flows based on sales forecasting
• Maintaining EPF/ETF payments and reports
• Preparation of Salaries of the Executive category
• Forecast quarterly performance to predefine long term and short term business targets and focus resources for their achievement
• Monitor payment terms/credit policies and advice accordingly
• Liaise with Department of Inland Revenue on tax matters
• Liaise with Labour Department on EPF/ETF related matters
• Liaise with the Auditors for Year-end audits and Interim audits
• Liaise with HR Department on Recruitments and Training
• Liaise with BOI and other government and private institutions with reference to administration work
EMDEE Exports (Pvt) Ltd
Senior Management Accountant
March 2014 to date;
EMDEE Exports (Pvt) Ltd is a BOI approved garment factory. As the Senior Management Accountant I directly report to the Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer. I am responsible for the functions of the Finance Division of the company. The company has a staff strength of approx. 134 and out of which approx. 6 directly work under me.
Koggala Garments (Pvt) Ltd
July 2012 to December 2013
Koggala Garments (Pvt) Ltd is a BOI approved garment factory and is a member of Hoodvian Group. As the Financial Consultant I directly report to the Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and the Group Financial Controller. I was responsible for the functions of the Finance Division of the company.
Rama’s International (Pvt) Ltd.
Manager, Finance & Operations
March 2011 up to June 2012
Rama’s International (Pvt) Limited is a Group consisting of two Tea Factories and two Boutique Hotels, Boulder Garden and Rain Forest Edge. I report to the CEO and as the Head of Finance & Operations there are 30 staff members directly reporting to me.
Ran Malu Fashions (Pvt) Ltd.
March 2004 to February 2011
Ran Malu Fashions (Pvt) Limited, a BOI approved company, consisted of six factories. As the Senior Accountant, I directly reported to the Managing Director of the Company. I was responsible for the functions of the Finance Division of four (4) factories. I was also partly responsible for handling HR functions of the same factories. The Company had a staff strength of approx.170 and out of which approx. 20 directly worked under me.
DRH Logistics International (Pvt) Ltd.
February 2002 to February 2004
DRH Logistics International (Pvt) Limited is specialized in freight forwarding. The companies in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh are wholly owned by DHR Logistics International (Pvt) Limited and two (2) companies in India and Pakistan are managed by DRH Logistics International (Pvt) Limited.
As the Accountant, I was directly responsible for the finance functions of the offices in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh and directly reported to the Financial Controller and the Managing Director.
Taj Lanka Hotels
April 2000 to February 2002
Eureka Online (Pvt) Limited
Senior Executive, Credit Control
March 1999 to March 2000
Aitken Spence Travels Limited
July 1995 to February 1999
John Keels Holdings
September 1992 to June 1995
Commercial Bank Limited
September 1991 to August 1992
Academic & Professional Qualifications
• Following the final stage in Certified Management Accountants – Australia (CMA – AUSTRALIA)
Subject “Financial Mathematics” to be completed in July for the full qualification.
• Completed two semesters of the MBA program at McGrath Institute of Business Australia. (Enrolment directly with Australia). The subjects completed are as follows;
o Managerial Accounting
o Managerial Marketing
o Managerial Economics
o Introduction to Information Systems
o Managerial Finance
o Strategic Management
o Operations and Process Management
• Part qualification in CIMA
• Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management at Indian Institute of Management &Technology
• Completed a Diploma in Marketing offered by Wigan & Leigh College, London
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.