I am a recent postgraduate with both training and experience as a foreign languages teacher. My speciality is English, although my studies could easily be adapted to other languages, such as Spanish. I would be delighted to work in a teaching position, as I find this type of work remarkably rewarding and have always had a good rapport with my students in the past.
OCTOBER 2013 – JUNE 2014
TEACHER | “EL INSTITUTO” ACADEMY
• 20 hours a week
• Taught English to preschoolers, primary and secondary students and adults. Most of the students had a beginner level of English, except for a B1 class. Moreover, I was in charge of helping primary and secondary students with their homework and exams in other subjects such as Spanish language, Maths, History and Science.
JANUARY 2013 – SEPTEMBER 2013
GUIDE | CIEE SEVILLA
• 3-5 days a month
• This job mainly consisted in planning and giving practical tours around the city centre and several neighbourhoods to help American exchange students settle into life in Seville. I also helped out on trips to Granada and Morocco and helped younger students to find their way to specific places in the city.
Planning and Organisation • As part of my job at “El Instituto” Academy, I was in charge of setting new timetables for every season throughout the year. This required considerable planning and foresight, since every student had to agree to the changes.
• Planning the best routes was essential for my job as a guide. I was given the freedom to choose what to show the students during the tours around their new neighbourhoods and the city centre. I also had to make sure they got all the information that they needed in only a few hours.
Communication skills • I have always been able to provide students with a comfortable environment in which they feel free to express themselves. While working for “El Instituto” Academy my good relationship with my students was the key to creating a safe and fun atmosphere, which made the learning process more enjoyable for the students.
New Technologies • Good knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint.
• One of the modules which was part of my Master’s degree in Teaching was “Teaching and Information and Communication Technology (ICT).” Therefore, I have a good knowledge of tools which could improve my teaching such as Coursesites, Webquests, Wikis, Symbaloo, Forums, etc.
Note that in the Spanish mark system the top mark is a 10 and the pass mark is a 5.
2013 – 2014 |
UNIVERSITY OF SEVILLE
MASTER’S DEGREE IN TEACHING
• Spanish equivalent of QTS
• Including General Teaching and English Teaching
• Average Mark: 8,2
• Internship in Chaves Nogales High School as an English teacher. Mark: 9,5
2009 – 2013 |
UNIVERSITY OF SEVILLE
DEGREE IN ENGLISH STUDIES
• Average Mark: 7,3
• Certified as having a C2 level in English.
• Dissertation on “Reasons for the popularity of Young Adult Fantasy.” Mark: 10 First Class Honours
2011 – 2012 |
MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY
• As part of my studies, I spent a year abroad in Manchester. This was a very fulfilling experience which helped me to improve my English and showed me how the British education system works. Futhermore, it was a very enriching personal experience, as I learned about living in a foreign country on my own.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.