A commercially astute, customer focused General Manager with over 15 years’ experience in the fast paced and competitive hospitality industry. Passionate about providing a standard of service that exceeds customer expectations whilst remaining focused on achieving and exceeding business objectives. A motivational and inspirational manager capable of coaching and empowering individuals to enable them to fulfil their potential whilst ensuring that they make a positive contribution to the business.
General Manager, Doppio Zero Franchise, Gauteng, South Africa 2006-date
• Consistently exceeding customer expectations for service delivery including successfully transforming previously dissatisfied customers into regular customers by developing positive relationships with them
• Planning and organising a number of highly successful functions at the restaurant, frequently requested by name to host customer events
• Initiating and concluding successful negotiations with suppliers to secure high quality produce whilst achieving substantial cost reductions
• Recognised by the Director of the business for successfully resolving internal company conflicts in a calm and professional manner
• Deputising in the absence of the business owner with responsibility for the successful running of the overall establishment
• Fully accountable for the day to day management of the company with the primary focus on delivering outstanding service to customers in the busy and popular establishment
• Playing a pivotal role in ensuring outstanding service delivery with responsibility for client care and liaison on a daily basis
• Providing management and support to a cross-functional team of 45-50 members of staff including two Shop Managers and a Kitchen Manager
• Planning and organising the staff rota to ensure adequate coverage during peak periods and motivating the team to ensure their commitment to delivering service excellence
• Managing the recruitment and selection of new members of staff and identifying and meeting their individual training and development needs
• Monitoring and controlling stock levels for the business, placing orders with suppliers and dealing with incoming deliveries
• Working in close conjunction with the Kitchen Manager to design, develop and cost menus based on customer demand and current trends whilst maintaining awareness of budgetary constraints
• Carrying out all administrative and accounting duties associated with the management of the business including cashing up, monthly profit calculations and salary and creditor payments
Manager, La Scala, Cape Town, South Africa 2002-2005
Manager, The Greek Fisherman, Cape Town, South Africa 2000-2002
Manager, Little Caesars, Gauteng, South Africa 1998-2000
Assistant Manager, Pappas Restaurant, Gauteng, South Africa 1994-1997
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Diploma Hotel Management (1992), Hotel School, Vrnjacka Banja, Serbia
Fluent English and Serbian; Basic Greek
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.