Started as NDT Technician in 1991 acquiring Level 2 MT/PT/RT/UT qualifications. After 8 years, progressed to NDT Manager and onto Director of local Inspection Company. Pursued career in welding inspection and achieved CSWIP 3.1 and 3.2.2 by 2007 and have since been actively involved in major projects and refinery maintenance. Recently acquired CSWIP QC Coordinators in Malaysia. Strong Leadership, team player, motivator, mentor and excellent problem solving skills. Will not disappoint clients.
03-1993 Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), ASNT-TC-1A, Level II
03-1993 Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT), ASNT-TC-1A, Level II
11-1993 Radiographic Testing (RT), ASNT-TC-1A, Level II
03-1993 Industrial Radiation Safety, Pretoria Technikon
04-1998 Personal Authority P0792, Department of Health
07-1998 Radiographic Testing (RT), SAQCC, Level I
10-2000 Competent Person Pressure Vessels – SAIW passed exam
03-2002 Ultrasonic Testing (UT) – SAQCC, Level I
05-2004 Phased Array Technology (PAUT) – Harfang Quebec, CA
01-2007 Automatic Ultrasonic Interpretation (AUT) (Shaw Pipeline)
02-2006 CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector – TWI
11-2007 Renewed 06-2012 CSWIP 3.2 + RT Interpretation L3 Snr Welding Inspector – TWI
04-2008 CSWIP MPAUT Level 2 (Phased Array) – TWI
02-2013 TWI Registered Senior Welding Inspector EngTech TechWeld I
02-2013 UK Engineering Counsel – Engineering Technician, 602523
11-2013 CSWIP WQC Coordinators – TWI SEA
Implementation/Audit of ISO 9001:2008 QMS series
Implementation/Audit of OSHA safety systems
Specialised NDT Systems : 02/02/1992 to 03/03/1994, NDT Technician / Office Administrator
Independent NDT Contractor: 01/04/1994 to 28/02/1996, Level II NDT Technician
Unit Inspection : 01/03/1996 to 30/12/1999, Supervisor, Co-ordinator, LII NDT Technician
4 years Offshore – Mossgas now PetroSA FA Platform
High Profile Inspection CP : 28/01/2000 to 13/02/2012, Manager, Ops. Director, Managing Director
Abet Inspection : 28/01/2002 to 13/02/2012, Senior Welding Inspector
Client Quality Rep. : 13/02/2012 to present, QA/QC Supervisor, Senior Welding (02-2012 to PRESENT) Inspector, Welding Specialist, Inspection/NDT Management / Coordinator
Technical Activities / Duties include:
• Chairing Management, Information, Safety, Progress, Kick off and Pre-fabrication meetings.
• Reviewing Quality Management systems and audits.
• Conduct monthly Quality/Safety Inspections.
• Control the calibration and maintenance of Inspection equipment.
• Arrange training needs to develop Inspection personnel.
• Audit and control all NDE/Inspection activities.
• Implementing accreditation systems (ISO, SANAS)
• Incident investigations, corrective action and preventative measures.
• Manage/supervise Inspectors and NDT personnel (Petrochemical Plants on/offshore).
• Performing internal quality audits on control of equipment, materials, consumables, and qualifications, WPS, PQR, ITP/QCP and Manufacturing Data Records etc.
• Completion and follow up of Quality related NCR’s, Concessions and Close-outs.
• Performance of QA/QC surveillance inspections, i.e.: –
– Source inspection working with procurement to assess preferred suppliers
– PED/PER/ATEX conformity assessments
– Review of personnel qualifications, drawings, Isometrics and scope
– Ensuring the role out of QCP/ITP including hold points
– Ensuring that the correct welding equipment and consumables are used
– Verifying that certified material and calibrated equipment are used
– Monitoring essential variables during welding processes
– Confirming NDT requirements and issuing NDT completion Certificates.
– Final visual inspection and acceptance
– Witness pressure testing (where applicable)
– Review final data packages
• Review statutory inspections and new fabrication/repair inspections on heat exchangers, boilers, pressure vessels and pressurized piping systems (in-service and new build).
• Verifying mechanical tests (Impact, Tensile, Side/Face Bends, All Weld, Macro and Hardness).
• Witnessing of pressure tests.
• Witness of Pre and Post weld heat treatment.
• Performing statutory/dimensional inspections on new and repaired welded pressure components.
• Witnessing, Review and Hold points on NDT, Inspection, Mechanical and welding activities.
• Arrange consultation on specialized welding, NDT or Inspection applications.
• Ensure adherence to project specifications, codes of construction and contract requirements.
• Review Manufacturing Record Books and sign off Certificates of Compliance.
Financial Activities (Experience based):
• Assist in Tenders and quotation reviews
• Advise procurement on technical requirements and deliverables
• Assist in Internal/external financial/procurement audits
• Ensure that all statutory/legal/certification requirements are met
QA/QC COORDINATION Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Monitoring Contractor QA/QC activities and giving guidance/induction training to the Contractors QA/QC Teams in line with the Project Quality Plan.
• Advising Construction/Project Manager, and Head of QA/QC regarding any quality critical issues
• Arranging and managing Client QA/QC activities and overseeing Execution Contractor’s QA/QC activities performing direct intervention if necessary.
• Reviewing Contractor’s QA/QC deliverables, analysing and resolving issues emerging during the QA/QC activities
• Reviewing and approving Contractor’s QA/QC Documentation/Dossiers
• Reviewing Contractor’s QA/QC plans and procedures to verify if they comply with contractual obligations.
• Reviewing Contractor’s QA/QC Site Organization to assess its adequacy and effectiveness to address all quality issues.
• Reviewing records of internal and external Audits performed by the Contractor.
• Facilitating Client audits on the Contractor, their Suppliers and Subcontractors
• Assessing adequacy and competence of Contractor Quality Organization at the Construction sites to assure that the applicable quality standards are achieved.
• Verifying that Contractors Quality Personnel are in possession of valid qualifications related to the function performed and verifying measuring/testing equipment calibrations
• Support the Head of QA/QC with other quality related activities e.g. DCC related activities
• Monitor KPI’s including customer satisfaction, close-out of NCR’s and corrective/preventative measures, repair/rework rates, audit findings and recommend early warnings and improvement opportunities.
• Provide QA/QC weekly and monthly reports as directed by the Head of QA/QC or Project Manager
Recent Project Roles:
PetroSA Project Ikhwezi (Feb 2013-present):
Client QA/QC Principle Inspector/Coordinator for Subsea Pipeline, Topside modifications, hook-up to new subsea pipeline and commissioning onshore/onboard the FA Platform
PetroSA Project Ikhwezi (Oct-Dec 2012):
Client QA/QC Supervisor onboard the Allseas Audacia Pipelaying Barge. 40km Subsea CRA gas pipelines from FO Fields to FA Platform.
Sasol Refinery Shutdown (Aug-Sept2012): Client Welding Specialist at Sasol Piping and Re-tube workshops Pressure Vessels/Heat Exchanger new fabrication and repairs.
PetroSA Refinery (Jul-Aug 2012)
Senior Client welding inspector on Unit 06 Turnaround including pipeline replacements, Reformer re-tubing and vessel repairs.
Eskom (Mar-May 2012) :
Senior Client QA/QC Inspector overseeing Alstom (France) – Bellow replacement Koeberg Nuclear Power Station project Maintenance Support Services pipe/valve replacements, weld repairs of various vessel components
Engen Refinery TA (Oct-Dec 2011)
Managing Director for Blanket NDT service provider to Engen , EPCMs and EPCs
Sasol Refinery Shutdown (Aug-Sept 2011)
Client Welding Specialist at Sasol Piping and Re-tube workshops managing EPCMs and EPCs.
General PV/Boiler Inspections : Western Cape, SA – Client Lead AIA Inspector for major food, beverage (FMCGs) and wood industries.
New King Shaka Int. Airport (Jan – Jun 2010)
Client Lead AIA Inspector Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) on Jet Fuel Hydrant System (Tank Farm, underground pipelines, valve chambers, sub-stations and parking hydrant points.
PetroSA Shutdown (Oct/Nov 09) :
Reforming Unit – Client Lead Welding and RBI Inspector
Sasol Refinery Shutdown (Aug/Sep 2009)
Gasification Unit – Client Senior QC Supervisor
ORCA FPSO Recertification Project
Client QA/QC Co-ordinator managing all EPCMs and EPCs on (Sept. 2007 – Feb. 2008) project including final evaluation of results
Lourelay Pipe-laying Barge (2005)
Client QA/QC Inspector including AUT interpretation on PetroSA (Allseas) subs-sea pipeline. Allseas Rotterdam visit included PLV/AUT training and vendor Audits/Inspections.
EIL – Adgas (UAE) (2004, 2005)
Senior NDT/Inspection Coordinator for Adgas on Das Island Refinery Shutdown
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.