A hardworking, highly skilled Mechanical/Diesel Fitter with 32 years’ experience across a variety of sectors including the Mining Industry.
Possesses a Red Seal International Certificate and is keen to work in Canada. Carries out maintenance, installations and repairs in addition to designing/creating parts for diesel machinery. Ensures compliance with Health & Safety regulations, adheres to company policies; completes tasks efficiently, accurately, safely and within timelines.
Education And Qualifications
Certificate Red Seal (International)
Certificate Mechanical Fitter (Apprenticeship)
Mechanical/Diesel Fitter/Designer (04/2009-date)
(Self Employed), Carletonville, SA
• Successfully providing comprehensive mechanical/diesel fitting service for private clients, across a variety of industries including agriculture
• Possessing excellent interpersonal/business skills, liaising with clients & providing bespoke work to specifications
• Working primarily with steel/wood materials, creating products according to requirements, within budget & on time
• Demonstrating excellent time management skills, managing several workloads within timelines
• Accountable for processing own paperwork, including invoicing clients and submitting tax returns
Mechanical/Diesel Fitter ( 09/2008-04/2009)
(Contractor) Goutrain South Africa, SA
• Responsible for carrying out creations, repairs, maintenance and service on a variety of machinery including mobile cranes, tower cranes, diesel generators, compressors, water pumps, trucks and equipment
• Working according to specifications at different sites, complying with Health & Safety regulations and adhering to company policies
• Proficient in utilising hand tools, precision measuring instruments, machine tools
• Responsible for accurately trouble shooting, disassembling engines and examining parts for defects/excessive wear; carrying out maintenance, fixes and providing solutions
• Demonstrating ability to weld and cut parts utilising arc-welding and flame cutting equipment
04/2007-07/2008 Mechanical/Diesel Fitter (Gold Mines/HWE Mining/Transportation/Iron Ore Mines/Plant) Extraman Perth, Australia
04/2002-12/2005 Mechanical/Diesel Fitter, Bafokeng Rasimone Platinum Mine, Rustenburg, SA
04/2001-04/2002 Mechanical/Diesel Fitter, Fermel Mining Equipment (Contract), Impala Platinum Mines, SA
04/1998-04/2001 Mechanical Fitter, Amcoal Mines (Coal Mines), Goedehoop, Witbank, SA
01/1997-04/1998 Mechanical Fitter, Gubb & Inngs Wool Washers and Textile, Uitenhage, SA
04/1996-01/1997 Mechanical/Diesel Fitter, National Excavators, Durban North, SA
05/1991-01/1996 Mechanical/Diesel Fitter, Durban Navigation Collieries, (Coal Mines), Durnacol North Natal, SA
10/1988-05/1991 Mechanical/Diesel Fitter, Target Gold Mines, Allen Ridge Orange Free State, SA
02/1988-10/1988 Mechanical Fitter, Volkswagen Factory, Utitenhage, SA
09/1987-01/1988 Mechanical Fitter, Sasol 2, (Petroleum Plant), Secunda, SA
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.