A hardworking, self-motivated and committed accounting professional registered with the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and extensive experience working in financial environments. Highly skilled in strategic and financial management with strong leadership and management skills. An analytical thinker with a successful track record in managing financial resources within an organization ranging between the values of R30 – R650 million.
Education And Qualifications
B.Com: Bachelor of Commerce – Vista University, South Africa (1997)
Admin & Finance Manager (2009 – Present)
INDEPENDENT DEVELOPMENT TRUST
• Developing and monitoring budgets in line with internal procedures and the Public Finance Management Act
• Submitting budget proposals to the Executive Head for review/ approval and consolidating budget submission
• Devising, monitoring and controlling the overhead budgets, monitoring expenditure and compiling reports
• Contributing to the maintenance of cost effective, strict and efficient controls and risk management systems
• Safeguarding the organization’s assets, ensuring projects are completed within budget, implementing unit expenditure control measures in accordance with IDT policies and ensuring compliance to procurement policies
• Developing and implementing document management systems and establishing and maintaining the unit library
• Managing the implementation of department service level agreements, ensuring the timely processing of programme payments and also the timely submission of monthly status reports to the Executive Head: IDS
• Undertaking a wide range of human resource management functions and facilitating recruitment and selection
• Assessing and reporting programme HR capacity needs and developing terms of reference for appointments
• Managing dispute resolution, negotiations, mediations and arbitration and terminating contractual relationships
• Coordinating timely responses to internal audit reports and ensuring compliance to internal audits guidelines
• Overseeing compliance to IDT policies, procedures and the PFMA, supporting the Unit to meet its contractual obligations and ensuring staff are aware and knowledgeable in all IDT policies, procedures and the PFMA
Consultant: Advisory Unit (2008 – 2009)
ERNST & YOUNG CA (SA)
• Advising and assisting clients in optimizing their finance functions and underlying processes and systems
• Supporting financial process improvement, managing corporate performance and cost profitability management
• Providing shared services and outsourcing, contributing to the financial systems selection and deployment
Head: Asset Management (2006 – 2008)
• Preparing financial statements, updating asset register and managing the implementation of systems of internal, financial controls and policies, relevant financial treasury regulations and safeguarding records and documents
• Accurately recording financial transactions and records, conducting bank reconciliation, managing and reconciling of trading and short term creditors in addition to asset, risk and short term insurance management
Financial Manager (2002 – 2005)
• Managing the finances of the Municipality in accordance with legislative prescriptions regarding municipal financial management practices by planning, organising, directing and controlling all financial aspects and staff
• Ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the department and maximising the use of financial resources
• Implementing, managing and maintaining financial control systems and procedures in line with legislation
• Managing, controlling and collecting revenue, providing timely and effective financial management information
• Contributing to the financial aspects of the strategic planning process, implementation of the financial strategy and ensuring that financial targets are in accordance with the established and agreed strategic plans set out
• Developing and managing budgets, supporting financial planning and maintaining the budgetary controls
• Responsible for compiling financial statements and correctly reporting in accordance with GAMAP/GRAP providing the Council with detailed and accurate information on the financial position of the Municipality
• Managing all personnel expenditure in terms of salaries and allowances, deputizing the Municipal Manager when required by attending meetings such as attending Council Committee meetings, work groups where necessary
• Held responsibility for managing the functions relating to the Performance Management System (PMS)
Senior Accountant (1997 – 2002)
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION ( FREE STATE)
• Carrying out a wide range of Senior Accounting functions including reconciliation and account management
• Managing payments and verification of suppliers, overseeing creditor reconciliation and authorizing payments
• Assisting the Department of Education to develop program using Microsoft Access 2000 to assist in record keeping, reconciliation and monitoring of accounts. The development of the programme facilitated the reconciliation of payments and monitoring to avoid late payments on a monthly basis. This resulted in the Department avoiding service cuts to schools and payments of interest which amounted to a monthly amount of R300 000.
Audit Clerk (1995 – 1996)
DELOITTE & TOUCHÉ
• Examining and analyzing accounting records to determine the financial status of establishment, preparing financial reports relating to operating procedures and verifying the effectiveness of control and identifying fraud
• Evaluating financial information systems, management procedures and controls to ensure records are accurate
• Reviewing operations, evaluating efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with corporate policies and government regulations, reporting and making recommendations regarding improvements to company operations
• Auditing the financial statements of the clients to ensure they are representative of the clients current state
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.