A self motivated finance professional with broad industry experience in driving key structural changes in accounting and finance processes in world class organizations.
Possess a strong background in audit, accounting & finance from experience gathered while working with top energy clients in the global audit firm- KPMG and Ernst & Young LLP.
I have extensive industry experience having managed various projects in Nigeria. This has helped me to develop profound expertise in financial accounting
ACA Associate of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
ACCA Member of The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) – Part I and II
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND DATE ATTAINED
2012 – 2014 MBA Financial Management, Edinburgh Business School, UK (June 2015)
2002 – 2006 BSc (Hons 2.1) Accounting, University of Lagos, Nigeria
Feb. 2013 – Date Snr Project/JV Accountant (OML26) Afren Energy Services Limited
• Accounting for all project ledgers including monthly accruals and balance sheet reconciliations
• Act as finance team lead with project engineers in the review of Partner’s budget as prepared by the Operator on OML26.
• Act as finance team lead in the review of asset performance at finance sub-committee level and technical committee level.
• Meeting with DPRs and other government officials on royalty reconciliations and other related issues
• Support the CFO and COO and Senior Management in the asset financial performance analysis and preparation of relevant financial reports to monitor performance and support decision making.
• Coordinate the month end reporting process and ensure timely and accurate reporting of JV and project accounts.
• Computation of royalty on crude oil production.
• Raising and accounting for issue of sales invoices to the buyer for crude and liaising with suppliers to obtain payment
• Responsible for cost allocation preparation.
• Prepare and analyse Partner billings with cash calls made and compare to approved work programme and budget.
• Ensure integrity of accounting records and compliance with company policies and GAAP and relevant reporting standards (SAS, IFRS).
• Coordinate and review periodic reconciliation of project/JV accounts.
• Liaise with financial representatives of joint venture partners for cost reviews.
• Support financial reporting team in managing statutory audit within the framework of project costs.
Mar. 2013 – Date Snr Project Accountant
(Okoro Field Development) Afren Energy Services Ltd
• Prepare project monthly financial report to management and partner.
• Oversee the periodic review of the asset’s transactions and proffer improvement recommendations to the CFO and Project/Asset Manager.
• Coordinate the periodic review and reforecast of project/asset budgets and costs.
Preparation and coordination of project budgets for partner and corporate purposes.
• Coordinate the month end reporting process and ensure timely and accurate reporting of project accounts.
• Prepare field annual capital cost and operating expenditure budget, together with related AFEs.
• Review financial and commercial terms and conditions of proposed contracts, by monitoring compliance with accounting and financial policies established by the Group.
• Supports in vendor/subcontractor bid evaluation process and prepares material requisition/subcontract budgets to support procurement/contracts. Participate in vendor discussions as required.
• Liaise with the Group Finance Team and Financial Controller on all project related issues.
• Provide accounting support to contracts & procurement team on a day to day basis including verification, processing, control and reporting on requisitions, purchase orders and commitments.
• Prepares and analyse comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data against budgets. Prepares or supervises the preparation of cost studies utilizing historical data, statistical analysis, and cost and quantity comparisons.
• Ensure complete, timely and accurate capture and allocations of project costs.
• Monitoring actual expenditure and commitments against approved budgets and submission of monthly actual expenditure and commitment information to AFE managers
• Approval of requisitions and purchase orders in line with budget and AFEs.
• Support Financial Reporting team in managing statutory audit within the framework of project costs.
January 2014 to Date Snr Project Accountant Afren Energy Services Ltd
• Monitor actual expenditure and commitments against approved budgets and submission of monthly actual expenditure and commitment information to AFE managers
• Monitor expenditure and trends against budgets and AFEs and coordinating, directing and preparing budget and AFE supplements
• Review inventory write- on / off account and ensure that movements are correctly recorded
• Review inventory/tangible accounts and explain movement
• Account for all project ledgers including monthly accruals and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Prepare and coordinate project budgets for partner and corporate purposes
• Raising invoices to partners for shared services
• Uploading of AFEs and budgets into SUN and Proactis
• COA code checking of requisitions and purchase orders
• Liaise with drillers and verifying and cross checking information on cost tracker with inventory movements and other related information to allows correct VOWD values to be used for accrual
Duration March 2011 – March 2013
Organization Ernst & Young, LLP
Industry/Sector Audit Services, Energy & Natural Resources
Job Role Senior Audit Associate
Develop a thorough knowledge of oil and gas industry in order to provide quality audit services
Lead, coordinate and liaise with engagement team members, the Manager, the Partner and the Client to ensure timely and satisfactory audit services
Understand the internal control systems of oil and gas industry so as to assess control weaknesses and report same to the management
Understand client’s entity level controls as well as its financial statement level risks in order to determine appropriate audit strategy and approach as well as develop audit programs for key account captions.
Analyze and prepare financial statements in line with applicable reporting standards
Assisted in establishing corporate policy in all SOX related matters.
Performed and documented required independent testing of key controls.
Liaised with Process Owners to assess key SOX controls.
Duration September 2009 – February 2011
Organization KPMG Professional Services
Industry/Sector Audit Services, Energy & Natural Resources
Job Role Audit Associate/Audit Senior
Leading and directing engagement teams in carrying out specified assignments including statutory audits and agreed upon procedures.
Defined client needs, serve the client and retain the client
Assessed engagement risk and control environment
Observed and tested internal controls and report lapses to the management
Assessed risks of material misstatement of the financial statements
Prepared and analyzed financial statements
Performed preliminary and final analytical review of account balances
Perform fraud related procedures in order to gather information to identify fraud risk factors, identify where there have been management overrides of controls
Evaluated the appropriateness of accounting policies used in preparing financial statements
I have served as part of several audit teams on leading Oil and Gas Exploration & Production as well as Oil services companies’ audits.
Duration February 2007 – August 2009
Organization Horwath Crowe Chartered Accountants
Industry/Sector Audit Services
Job Role Audit Trainee/Audit Associate
Brief of Job Description
Understanding client accounting processes and identifying the controls embedded in the process, evaluating the design of such controls and testing the operating effectiveness of such controls.
Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
Audit the financial statement of organizations in accordance with generally accepted audit principles.
Observe annual inventory and fixed asset verification exercises, document findings and report control lapses during the exercise in the management letter.
Liaising with client’s personnel to get the required information needed for the audit process.
Perform tests of completeness, existence and accuracy of Revenue, fixed assets, prepayments, operating expenses, inter-company balances, payroll costs, accruals and other liabilities.
Review client’s general accounting and internal control process; identify areas for improving the accounting, internal control and operating efficiency of the clients, as well as ensuring compliances to local statutory and other internationally acceptable accounting/auditing standards.
Proficient in MS Power point, spreadsheet, word processing and database programs.
Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills.
Excellent PC skills including spreadsheet, word processing and presentation programs.
SUN ERP Systems (VISION and PROACTIS)
SAP ERP Systems
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.