Public health physician with Master of Public Health (International) earned from University of Leeds, UK. Has sound clinical skills with 12+ years experience in the management and care of patients.
Member of Royal Society for Public Health (UK) and Myanmar Medical Association (MMA).
Persevering, tough, diligent, curious and sympathetic; always willing to help people as much as possible.
Main specialties: HIV Physician, Public Health, HIV/AIDS policy and advocacy, M&E of health programme
Senior Technical Officer (HIV and Health Systems Strengthening)
ICAP at Columbia University (Myanmar Office):
1 July 2014 – to date
• Provide technical expertise to the development, implementation and evaluation of ICAP-led activities supporting the National AIDS Program.
• Serve as an HIV/AIDS subject matter expert and technical advisor in the area of Health Systems Strengthening in Myanmar.
• Participate in Technical Advisory Group, consisting of global and Myanmar experts and stakeholders, as well as other practical technical exchanges, facilitate learning between the projects, NGOs/CBOs and promote technical improvements in service availability at the national and local level.
• Design and implement strategies for strengthening referral systems and linkages for HIV prevention, care, and treatment services.
• Contribute as necessary to regular reporting on program activities to relevant donors and to ICAP New York headquarters.
Project Manager (HIV/AIDS)
Save the Children International in Myanmar:
March 2014 – 30 June 2014
• In-charge and focal person of the SCI’s HIV and AIDS programs in Myanmar excluding the Global Fund (PR) department.
• Supervise and manage 2 HIV preventioin projects and 1 TB project by providing technical supports, budget management, monitoring & evaluation and reporting to donors.
Programme Advisor (HIV and AIDS)
Save the Children International in Myanmar:
June 2012 – Feb 2014
• Provide capacity building training to project staff, beneficiaries and implementing partners.
o Providing TOT to project staff on community HIV/TB and peer education
o Numerous training topics such as “team building”, “facilitation and leadership skills”.
• Conduct regular monitoring and supervision of all 3 projects quarterly.
• Represent SCI at numerous technical and consultation group meetings and workshops.
Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
International Union against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (the Union):
Jan 2012 – Jun 2012
ART Medical Doctor (HIV physician)
Save the Children in Myanmar:
August 2008 – April 2011
General Practitioner (private clinician)
Myanmar Medical Association (MMA):
July 2005 –July 2008
Department of Medical Research (Central Myanmar):
August 2004 – June 2005
Meiktila Civil Hospital (Department of Health):
July 2003 – August 2004
No. (1) Medical Battalion, Mandalay:
April 2002 – June 2003
Master of Public Health (International), University Of Leeds, UK
2010 – 2011
Course modules: Foundation of International Health, Principles of Public Health, Health System Research Methods, Sexual and Reproductive Health, Monitoring and Evaluation of Health Programmes, International Health Policy (Geneva study tour), Communicable Disease Control
Passed with “Merit”
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB., BS, Defence Services Medical Academy, Yangon, Myanmar
1996 – 2002
Course completed: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, General Pathology, Pharmacology, Preventive and Social Medicine, Systemic Pathology, Forensic Medicine, Medicine, Surgery, Obstetric and Gynecology, Child Health.
Passed with “Distinctions” in Physics, Biology, Anatomy, Microbiology.
Myanmar (Burmese) – Mother tongue
English – Fluent in all four skills
“Review on access and utilization of Continuum of HIV care in Myanmar”
Qualified master dissertation published in the MPH course at the University of Leeds, UK, 2011.
“Monitoring and Evaluation Manual for Integrated HIV Care Program”
Published for organizational use. International Union Against TB and Lung Disease, Myanmar Country Office, 2012.
“A snapshot: concerns, knowledge, attitude and practice of men who have sex with men (MSM) from two cities in Myanmar”
Poster presentation at the AIDS 2014, Melbourne.
1. Best cadet award, DSMA, 2002
2. Excellence in training award, DSMA, 2002
3. Excellence in studies award, DSMA, 2002
4. JJ-WBGSP (World Bank) scholarship award, 2010-11 to attend MPH-I at the University of Leeds, UK.
1. Being admitted at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government at the Harvard University to pursue a Master’s degree in Public Administration; MC/MPA program, (that will be started in June 2015).
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.