Competent software engineer; 15 years of experience with various technologies and business domains; experience with projects in medical, governmental, and defense sectors; natural leader and motivator; strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; autonomous, adaptable, collaborative and humble; hands-on experience with iOS, ObjC/C/C++, prior with Java and Visual C++; fluent English, capable of addressing both technical and organizational challenges;
● Highly competent software engineer with over 15 years of local and international experience.
● Worked on small- and large-scale local and international projects.
● Excellent problem-solving, technical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
● Led cross-functional teams in design and delivery of enterprise solutions for medical, telecommunications, entertainment, and high-tech military industries.
• Client needs analysis, requirements definition • Resource planning and prioritization • Team development and leadership • Presentation skills • Solution and technology architecture • User interface and experience • Mobile software development • System integration • GNU/Linux • Shell scripting • Objective C/C/C++ • Java (prior) • HTML/CSS/JS •
Hands-on Chief Technology Officer Yepse Inc (Sofia, Bulgaria) Aug 2015–present
Yepse is a freemium content marketing/online advertising platform with an innovative business model. At present, I am seeing the company through development and launch.
● Manage the server components on hosted (rented) hardware with GNU/Linux OS—i.e. Apache web server, MySQL with replication, database, scripting language, mail, firewall, domain name service, backup, and so on.
● Responsible for day-to-day operability of the platform.
Software Engineering Consultant Hello Hungry (Sofia, Bulgaria) May 2015–present
Hello Hungry is a market leader in Bulgaria and Romania with its food-ordering and food-delivery platform. Since May 2015, it is part of German-based company Delivery Hero, a global leader in online and mobile food ordering.
● Support fluent software ownership transition process of two iOS applications.
● Re-factor legacy Objective C code (about 50,000 source lines) in a way that simplifies the development of new features.
● Design and implement new features in 3 iOS applications.
Software Development Manager MDG (Sofia, Bulgaria) June 2014–Jan 2015
MDG is the technology partner of Montway Inc., one of the leaders in the US auto transport industry in the United States.
The portfolio of products developed at MDG covers all aspects of Montway’s business, including software platforms used internally for everyday operations, business-to-business solutions, and all the needed integrations with various third-party service providers and partners.
● Managed the business analyst (BA) and project manager teams, continuously improving team effectiveness and efficiency.
● Increased the quality of the technical documentation by streamlining the preparation and review processes.
● Increased productivity and decreased frustration from context switching by offloading the development team from short, distracting tasks like extracting report data from the database (e.g. requested by marketing team) by handling such tasks within the BA team.
● Ensured fluent handling of relatively high pace of change requests by proper prioritization.
● Drove the decision-making and communication process with the top-level management on high-level strategies related to the planning, analysis, implementation, and support of the software products developed by the company.
● Performed business analysis and prepared requirements for new features.
● Enabled the BA team to better understand technical challenges in software development, which led to software requirements that are easier and faster to implement.
● Facilitated communication between the development team and the BA team, utilizing my technical background.
● Envisioned, planned, and headed an internal project for documenting existing business processes and systems in Montway’s office in Chicago. Planned and conducted interviews with staff members (managers and regular personnel). The resulting documentation facilitated the work of the BA and technical teams by providing authoritative sources of knowledge and information about business processes and how they are mapped in the software system.
Project Lead – NATO AGS Programme Bianor (Sofia, Bulgaria) Aug 2013–May 2014
Most of the activities took place in Turin, Italy, at the Finmeccanica and Selex ES premises, in an environment with military-grade security constraints.
Took over the project 4 months after its start.
● Led the Requirements Analysis and Software Architecture Design phases.
● Worked in multinational environment.
● Influenced decisions related to software technologies and development strategies at system level (beyond the scope of the assigned system modules).
● Built high level of trust between the company and the foreign partner’s management team.
● Led efforts to recover the project from missed deadlines.
● Intentionally extended team’s knowledge beyond the scope of the assigned system modules, enabling the team to avert some risks.
● Acquired Personal NATO Clearance certificate.
● Successfully developed the needed knowledge about military standards and terminology not available to the general public, with limited sources of information and a formal information retrieval process.
Software Engineering Consultant/Team Lead Bianor (Sofia, Bulgaria) Dec 2010–May 2014
A versatile role as solutions consultant, team leader, and developer for a variety of projects in multiple business domains.
● Designed and implemented all critical features for the iOS version of Bianor’s primary product: ‘iMediaShare’ (now Flipps). iMediaShare is a cloud-based service that provides convergence of mobile devices with home entertainment systems, enabling seamless on-demand and live video streaming.
○ iMediaShare (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id710578942)
○ Flipps (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id348147113)
● Designed the architecture and led the development for more than 30 mobile projects in three years, on various platforms, including iOS, Android, BlackBerry, for clients like:
○ Duracell—marketing application utilizing image recognition technology.
○ Novartis—portfolio of marketing and productivity applications for use by sales and company representatives.
○ Tecnotree Corporation—multinational project, backend, and mobile applications for telecommunication.
○ Mobiltel—multinational project, IPTV solution for multi-screen TV experience.
● Built high level of trust between some customers and the company by working on site at customer’s premises.
● Performed code reviews for assigned team members and helped improve the overall quality and performance of the work.
● Carried out performance analysis duties for critical customer projects, resulting in optimized system performance and improved functionalities.
● Performed training and mentoring for more than 10 new employees and junior developers.
● Actively participated in the research, evaluation, and estimation of key projects.
● Supervised medium-scale teams up to 5 people.
● Influenced the recruiting process (involved by the HR manager).
● Successfully led parallel projects, often from completely different business domains.
● Participated in brainstorming sessions for solving problems in other teams’ projects.
● Actively participated in project planning as well as time and cost estimations.
● Honoured by company executives for my outstanding contributions to key software projects just six months after we started our partnership.
● Named ‘Best Colleague 2012’ by company’s employees.
Managing Director/Software Engineer GIPS Group Bulgaria (Sofia) Dec 2007–Dec 2010
In collaboration with ITA Group Bulgaria, the company successfully ran projects in the building/home automation area and has completed projects for clients like Siemens Enterprise Communications and the Bulgarian Council of Ministers.
● Successfully managed communication and business relations with customer representatives, some of whom were top management and operational management from the public administration and government offices.
● Designed the architecture and led the development of two enterprise software systems.
Software Architect/Technical Lead GIPS Group (Sofia, Bulgaria) 1999–Dec 2010
Built expertise in software architecture, development, system testing, maintenance, and support for modular desktop and client/server systems, implemented with various technologies, tools, and platforms, such as C/C++, Microsoft Visual C++, Visual Basic, Java SE, databases, GNU/Linux OS, CVS/SVN, among others.
The company developed software solutions in the clinical trials industry primarily for its German partner iOMEDICO AG.
Started in the company with a friend and business partner who had incorporated it slightly before that.
● Gained experience with popular technologies of the time. Built data-driven websites for Cold Fusion platform (Adobe), desktop database applications in Visual Objects® (Computer Associates), desktop applications in Microsoft Visual C++, Macromedia Flash applications, and more.
● Learned to administer GNU/Linux boxes.
● Revealed and developed my leadership and soft skills when the company began hiring, helping it grow as more projects arrived.
In 2001, the company partnered with a German medical company iOMEDICO AG, which is a pioneer in online data capturing for documentation of patient data for clinical trials. The company in Sofia took over all software development activities.
● In 2004, took over the responsibility and the complete development cycle for a portfolio of software products, part of iOMEDICO’s specialized in-house systems.
● Successfully managed a team of 6 people for 6 years with a turnover of only 2 people.
● Built the architecture, and managed and participated in the development of a complex system (600,000 Java source lines) of five interconnected applications, server-side and client-side.
Technical University, Sofia 2002–2007
Master’s Degree in Information and Control Engineering; specialization: Industrial Engineering and Automation
Technical University, Sofia 1998–2002
Bachelor’s Degree in Automatics, Information, and Control Engineering
● Languages: English (fluent) • German (basic) • Bulgarian (native)
● Leadership skills acquired and applied with various lead or management positions.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.