An experienced engineer, extremely versatile with high and low voltage electrical engineering and project management experience, people skills, a strong balance of technical and commercial skills, familiar with various project delivery mechanisms now targeting the Middle East. A good record of project delivery to specification under pressure, expertise includes:
•Electrical Engineering Design
An experienced engineer, extremely versatile with high and low voltage electrical engineering and project management experience, people skills, a strong balance of technical and commercial skills, familiar with various project delivery mechanisms in Australia and excellent communications skills. Has delivered projects via Alliance, Joint Venture, Design and Construct and other traditional forms of project delivery. A good record of project delivery to specification under pressure.
• BSc Engineering Honours (Electrical) 1984 – 1987
• Masters Business Administration, Thesis on Project Management 1996 – 1998
Senior Project Engineer (E & I), October 2013- October 2014
Reporting to the Site Manager, I have recently been tasked with the safe delivery of the Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) package of a coal seam gas Field Compressor Stations (FCS). The main electrical switchgear at each FCS include 1×18 MVA 33/6.6 kV and 1x 1MVA 6.6/415kV transformer, 4x 3 MVA 6.6kV compressors, three demountable High Voltage, Low Voltage and Instrument Equipment Rooms, below and above ground earthing, underground electrical services, electrical and instrumentation cable supports, field and task lighting, instrument air supply, flame, acoustic gas detectors, gas metering systems, CCTV and telecommunication systems.
Scope of work has been varied and key aspects are listed below.
• Safety, leading by example and accountable for performance of the (E&I) work packages and ensuring site electrical safety compliance.
• Management Responsibilities, assisting the site manager in satisfying regional management project delivery priorities, technical and financial reporting requirements. Implementation of budgets, cost control, cost forecasts, accruals, progress monitoring and allocation of duties to project and site engineers
• Stakeholder Management, internal and external Coordinating work with the Construction Superintendent, other Senior Engineers, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Piping Engineers and Supervisors.
• Subcontractor management, cost, schedule review, site construction support, trending of production metrics, electrical, instrumentation and communication equipment installation against plan, cable, ladder/tray installation, cable termination and QA documentation
• Technical Responsibilities
• Management of change, raising/managing technical queries, request for information to the client or from the contractor
• Procurement, items not supplied by the Client ranging from cable ladder, instrument supports, to flow and temperature transmitters. Production specification and vendor liaison.
• Temporary electrical works, ensuring that temporary works are undertaken to the same standard as permanent works.
• Hazardous Area Dossier Development
• Project Data Book
• Pre-commissioning, work packs, risk assessments, planning, permit to work documentation, functional tests, ‘as built’ drawings
• Continuous Improvement/Dissemination of lessons learnt
Senior Electrical Engineer, January 2011 – October 2013
Project delivery in a multidisciplinary environment for various clients, Queensland Alumina (QAL), Orica Yarwun, Rio Tinto Alcan Yarwun (RTAY) and CS Energy in the Gladstone Region, Queensland Nickel (QNI) in Townsville, Pacific Aluminum in the Northern Territory and Stanwell Power Station near Rockhampton. The projects have been a mixture of operational support/brownfield and greenfield capital projects. Roles have been site based or have involved extended visits to the client sites.
• Experienced in phased or gated project delivery, conceptualization, prefeasibility, feasibility, detailed design and implementation and the application of Hatch and client project management, safety management and QA systems.
• Developing proposals, client requirement specifications, job cost estimates, project execution plans and resource planning, tender evaluations and recommendation.
• Electrical engineering design – equipment sizing, voltage drop, short circuit calculations, detailed design reports, functional specifications and construction work packages. Design areas include, conveyors, pumps, hoists, compressor and boiler electrics, instrumentation and control.
• Application in design of Acts and Regulations, Australian Standards, Hatch and Client standards and procedures.
• Project constructability, hazard, risk and operability assessments.
• Peer review and mentoring of junior engineers.
• Stanwell Power Station May 2013 – September 2013
• Unit 3 hydrogen skid remedial works, production and/or revision of the skid PID, power control and instrumentation schematics, explosive environment maximum heat dissipation (MHD) and intrinsic safety calculations, developing a work package for the upgrade, testing and commissioning scripts, hazardous area dossier revision, preparation of return to service documentation, commissioning and project closeout.
• Gladstone Area Water Board (GAWB) Feb 2013 – May 2013 Variable frequency drive (VFD) replacement options study
• Orica- Jan 2013 – April 2013 Ammonium pipe reactor modification instrumentation and electrics. Designed the instrumentation and electrics related to the extension of the reactor.
• Vale- New Caledonia Oct – Nov 2012 Car park lighting detailed design, developed the project scope of work and contract documentation as per client guidelines and issued documents/drawings for use
• CS Energy Jan 2012- March 2013, power feasibility studies, power supply design for temporary water treatment plant, 415 V motor control centre (MCC) extension
• Pacific Aluminum Northern Territory April – July 2012, Dewatering plant electrical work package delivery
• Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL)
• Hazardous Area Classification Project Nov 2012 – April 2013
• Boiler Feed Pump Electrics – Jul 2011- Mar 2012
• Compressor Replacement – Jul 2011- Feb 2012
• Queensland Nickel Refinery (QNI) Mar – May 2012, conveyor and VSD modifications
• RTAY Jan 2011- Dec 2012, project delivery effluent monitoring station relocation, wirth pumps overhead crane power supply modifications, Residue Management Area (RMA) power supply prefeasibility study
Main Roads Queensland:
Last Position held- Principal Electrical Engineer, October 2006 – December 2010
• Review of ITS requirements/offers for road infrastructure projects, preliminary concept design reviews
• Major Project delivery, project management, development of project proposals, option analysis, business requirements specifications, implementation
• Development/review of functional specifications, equipment specifications/standards
• Application of Main Roads policies, standards and guides, relevant Australian Standards
• Equipment trials before full deployment or standing offer arrangements are made.
• Road Planning and Design Manual Development- Chapter 19 ITS
• Specifications, variable speed limits signs, travel time signs, road condition information signs, school zone speed limit signs, flashing warnings signs
• Major project delivery
• Intelligent Transport System (ITS) design reviews, Gateway Upgrade, Ipswich Motorway, Houghton Highway Duplication projects
• Inner Northern Busway, Delivery of the ITS and electrical packages of Inner Northern Busway Tunnel, one year site work.
Scope of work included all aspects of electrical and ITS provisioned for tunnels including, power distribution, lighting, in-pavement vehicle detection, tunnel ventilation, air quality monitoring, CCTV, access control, and passenger display signs.
IMAX Technologies (Pvt) Limited:
Senior Engineer, July 2001- September 2006
Main Achievements- investigated and implemented energy savings measures resulting in significant savings for clients
• Day to day engineering operations of the company
• Conducting electrical engineering, operational and maintenance assessments, instituting remedial measures
• Conducted electricity consumption audits and/or power upgrades for the following:
• Delta Beverages Lagers Brewing Plant
• More Wear Industries
• Eastern Highlands Plantations
• Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals
• Delta Beverages Sorghum Beer Manufacturing Plant
• Zimbabwe Fertilizer Company
• Colcom Foods a meat processor, power upgrade
Rio Tinto Zimbabwe:
Senior Electrical Engineer, Technical Services, February 1994- June 2001
The major operations included Renco Mine in Masvingo (gold), Empress Nickel Refinery in Kadoma and Patchway Mine (gold) in Kadoma.
• Electrical Safety Systems
• Implemented system, this was part of the Group’s commitment to creation and sustenance of a safe work environment. Areas covered include isolation and lock-out of hazardous energy, change and contractor management.
• Renco Mine- 11kV Power Upgrade
• Project management for conception to commissioning, of the power supply to 11 kV underground equipment, compressors and pumps.
• Renco Mine- South Vertical Shaft Hoist Upgrade
• Design and hoist upgrade to increase safety, PLC control, speed regulation. Subsequently, seven other hoists within the Group were similarly equipped,
• Renco Mine- Atlas Shaft Compressor
• Upgrading of the compressor electrics from relay logic to PLC.
• Renco Mine-Underground Pump Installation
• Installation of an underground cascaded water pumping system.
• Renco Mine-Compressor Installation
• Electrics for the installation of three 1000 cfm compressors underground.
• Patchway Mine-Energy Management And Underground Power Reticulation
• Refurbishment of the mine’s underground power system.
Zimbabwe Alloys Limited:
Assistant Section Engineer, November 1991 – October 1993
Plant electrical switchgear maintenance 10 MW open arc and 30 MW submerged arc furnaces, transformers, switchboards, overhead cranes, crushers, weigh bridges, managing small projects, budgeting and cost control, maintenance of quality assurance system.
Zimbabwe Electrical Supply Authority, ZESA:
Assistant Protection Engineer, April 1989 – November 1991
Post-graduate trainee JAN 1988 – Mar 1989
Under-graduate trainee JAN 1985 – Dec 1987
• Commissioned protection schemes for a number of substations transformers and feeders, protection schemes include differential, overcurrent and earth fault, sensitive earth fault protection
• Fault level calculations, single, two and three phase faults for different configurations
• Protection settings and coordination
• Power network modelling, load flows, short circuit analysis using PSS/E software
• Substation equipment routine maintenance, transformers, feeders, auto-reclosers, working under permit to work system, high voltage switching
• Fault rectifications, Kariba Power Station -hydro, Munyati Power Station- coal fired
SAMPLE OF TRAINING COURSES ATTENDED
• Explosive Environment/Hazardous Area Equipment Installation & Maintenance
• Practical Instrumentation for Process Control and Automation
• Paladin DesignBase – Power System Design and Analysis Software
• Project Management
• Technical Writing
• Road & Public Space Lighting
• Lightning Protect and Earthing of Electronic Systems
• Energy Management, Audit, Pricing and Saving
• SLC500 PLC Programming
• Power Technologies PSS/E, Power Analysis, load flow and short circuit analysis
• MS Project for Windows
• Contract Administration for Electrical Engineers
• British Council – Strategic Leadership
• Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
• Thiess/QGC Level 3 Electrical Planner and Isolator Training
• CPR/LV Rescue
• Australian four wheel drive and Advanced Driver Education
• Site Inductions for BHP BMA, CS Energy, Orica, RTAY, Stanwell Power S
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.