A Senior Project Manager with 10 years’ experience within the Information and Communication Technology industry. Has delivered complex Hardware, Software and Systems Integration projects through the design, build, test and deployment lifecycle. Customers include the National Health Service (NHS), Ministry of Defence (MOD) and global manufacturers such as P&G.
A Senior Project Manager with 10 years’ experience within the Information and Communication Technology industry. Has delivered complex Hardware, Software and Systems Integration projects through the design, build, test and deployment lifecycle. Customers include the National Health Service (NHS), Ministry of Defence (MOD) and global manufacturers such as P&G. Currently working on a UK Education Programme which has one of the largest WAN networks in Europe with over 1100 School sites, and as part of this has delivered a LAN transformation / Virtualisation for the 800 Primary Schools within the estate. As part of this role has also delivered a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution, completed a large SharePoint AD Migration for 50,000+ users, and rolled out a real-time infrastructure alert and monitoring tool product.
Also has extensive Commercial Change Manager experience, ensuring Change Requests were fully impact assessed to maximise revenue and manage costs, and from here progressed to full Financial, Commercial and Customer sign off. Highlight was undertaking the ICT Pre-Operational Change Manager position on the Fiona Stanley Hospital (FSH) Programme in Western Australia. This role culminated in delivering a warranted AUD$250m+ Infrastructure Bill of Materials, which ensured that procurement milestones were met, and the environment builds commenced on time.
The common theme in these roles has been the ability to lead teams to success by coaching and energising individuals, this includes direct reports and resources assigned through matrix management (including off-shore). This has been achieved by effective communication, goal setting and performance review. Also highly skilled at building relationships with Customers, Partners and Suppliers / Vendors by being assertive, and displaying strong planning, collaborative and organisational skills, along with knowing the subject matter well. Accreditations include APM Practitioner and Prince 2 Practitioner.
02/2013 – Present:
Capita Managed IT Solutions (Based in UK)
Capita are one of the UK’s leading providers of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, and were recently listed in the top 100 of the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Forbes.
Senior Technical Project Manager
• Overall responsibility for the management of the Integration and Development work streams within an Education Managed Service Programme. Delivery of complex technical projects ensuring that new and existing Service Levels are not compromised
• Delivered the LAN transformation for 800 Primary Schools including the end to end testing of new and existing Applications (local and cloud hosted) on the updated Operating System. Provided a technical refresh to Schools which consisted of 20,000 new hardware devices, through a controlled procurement process and also introduced User Provisioning and Single Sign On functionality, before being transitioned to the Service and Support teams
• The design, build, test and deployment of virtual servers (VMware) and the associated migration of existing physical server applications and data. This ensured physical server replacements were not required and thus realised a significant financial saving. Subsequently engaged with a 3rd party to provide a Backup and Disaster Recovery Solution
• A SharePoint AD Migration which involved over 50,000 users and building a new pre-Live environment. In the Live environment successfully migrated all users and content on-time during the planned two-week window ensuring minimal disruption to end-users. This work was part of a CCN which generated £200k+ in revenue including Support costs
• Delivered a Mobile Device Management (MDM) project to Schools allowing them to manage devices via integration with backend enterprise IT systems, and enabling administrators to define security and management policies for mobile apps, content and devices. Previously such an offering was not available for either School purchased or ‘Bring Your Own’ devices
05/2007 – 11/2012:
British Telecom (Based in UK and Australia)
British Telecom’s Global Services division provides managed networked IT services for business and government organisations, operating globally in more than 170 countries and employing almost 25,000 people. Roles include the following –
Service Delivery Manager
• Technical Project Managed the build of new Test environments on a large Government Program by elaborating a set of requirements, and subsequently receiving impacts from Storage, Platform and Network teams. These were then taken through quality gates before managing the end-to-end implementation; which involved matrix management of technical resources assigned. Also responsible for defect, risks / issues management using HP Quality Center and ARM tools respectively
• Decommissioned / Upgraded equipment (servers and switches) within Data Centres through controlled means by drafting and submitting technical RFCs which were then presented to the Customer, and included information on the project lifecycle, risks, and back-out tasks. Once presented and approved, ensured these were effectively implemented and subsequently tested
• Project Managed the end-to-end platform delivery and systems integration of a Card Management System (CMS) failover solution across 6 customer facing environments. All key milestones were met on time, including witness testing by the Customer. This was part of an overall £1m per month managed services contract with the UK NHS, and the positive feedback received from the Customer with regards to the successful delivery contributed to BT’s continuance of the service contract for a further period of 3 years
• Delivered Network & Server builds, SAN allocation and Testing for a new high profile NHS test environment, which was on the critical path for the overall Programme. This was subsequently handed over to the Environment Release Manager on time. On completion the requirement of processing 100,000 electronic records in the desired period was achieved
LAN / WAN / Voice / Wireless Project Manager
• End-to-end delivery of a complete set of managed services that addressed the Customer’s communications infrastructure – WAN, LAN, Voice and Wireless. Gathered the requirements on new projects by chairing validation calls, and worked with the Commercial team to build a proposal, providing labour, hardware and other costs. Executed the Bid and Tender process to ensure that the best quote was secured from suppliers by challenging costs, citing historic work where necessary
• Mobilised internal and external resources for various project implementations, ensuring that there was no scope creep and that the risk of slippages was mitigated. Maintained Project Plans and Checkpoint reports which were distributed to, and presented to the customer throughout each project. Gateway reviews were also held at agreed points.
• Consistent, on-time implementation of LAN, WAN, Voice wireless projects across sites in Europe, within budget and to quality, and the subsequent project closure. Typically had 6 projects running concurrently with a revenue value of £1m and these included the installation of MPLS circuits within challenging change windows due to downtime restrictions, and the provision of Wireless LAN to new large manufacturing sites – all achieved without any Service Incidents
• Managed a Plant move from an existing European Procter & Gamble site to a new site approximately 50km away. This involved the decommissioning of the existing site of all assets and components, including circuits, phone lines, devices (switches, routers, and access points). At the new site, led on the installation and commissioning of the new Infrastructure. This project was managed remotely which was challenging but was closed out on time, to budget and positive praise was received from the Customer
• Management of daily relationships with Customer, Suppliers and Internal work streams ensuring Commercial and Technical Changes Requests (CRs) / Requests for Change (RFCs) were progressing according to plan and addressing any issues that emerged. Chaired Internal Change Advisory Boards (CABs) and a stakeholder in Customer CAB meetings in order to justify change rationale, and evidence progress and eventual success once implemented
• Continual auditing to ensure that Full Impact Assessments were occurring including technical review and clinical risk (on Health projects). Working with Finance, Commercial and Change Owners to ensure that upon Change Sign Off, the Cost to Complete (CTC) was updated, and following successful delivery that CR billing was triggered and revenues realised. Worked with the Configuration and Service Management teams to maintain the Configuration Management Database, ensuring that Configuration Items (CIs) were managed and available to the rest of the Program
• Maintained an effective process for initiating and managing changes to an AUD$250m+ ICT Bill of Materials (BoM). This required providing the support and guidance to ensure that every Change in the BoM was formally captured, presented, impacted and implemented whilst going through the refinement phase / warranty on each environment of the Programme. This resulted in the correct hardware, software, licences, installation, maintenance and support associated being procured
• Whilst on a large Government contract TUPE’d over a number of resources from a 3rd party and recruited replacements for those that didn’t transfer over. Following formation the new team were typically dealing with Commercial Change Requests ranging from £50k to £2m in revenue. Objectives were met by reducing the average CR Customer Sign Off duration by 25%, and impact assessments budget v actual variances improved by 10%. Achieved by educating Change Owners on their responsibilities and the need to provide better information to stakeholders. Aided by adopting CMMI aspects, and distributing and presenting easily digestible process documentation
08/2004 – 05/2007:
BOC Group (Based in UK)
Based in Gist, part of the BOC / Linde Group, which provides a full range of supply chain solutions including cold-chain / ambient product to customers that have included Marks & Spencer, British Airways and Carlsberg.
Operations Manager Graduate
• Graduate role involving a series of secondments at multiple Customer sites across the UK. Spent time in Warehouse and Transport departments observing processes and techniques before being tasked with improving performance within each of these areas to ensure that business critical KPI targets were met. Also led on projects involving peak seasonal periods for Customers and the creation and integration of new sites
• Reduced transport costs by implementing a series of initiatives. This involved extensive analysis of historic trips and daily throughput figures. By introducing multiple stores drops (including multi-customer loads), and working with wholesalers to negotiate on the quantity and frequency of collections it resulted in a 20% increase in product fill rate on vehicles
• Improved warehouse productivity by 3 points by procuring improved handling equipment following a cost -benefit analysis. Introduced additional performance management tools following a time and motion study to make staff more accountable, and reduced down time by realigning shift patterns to cope better with fluctuations in volume. During warehouse roles was responsible for teams of over 60 people, ensuring product was selected accurately and despatched to destinations on time, in full
• Systems Integration, Managed Services, Hardware, Software, LAN, WAN, Voice, Wireless
• Change Management, Planning, Risks & Issues Management, Information Management, Quality (CMMI, Six Sigma), Transition
• Customer & Supplier Management, Bid Management, Financial & Commercial Awareness
• Microsoft Office including Visio and Project
Market Sector Experience
• Health, Education, Retail, Defence
Liverpool John Moores University
BSc (Hons) Technology Management – Class I
Technology management is a multidisciplinary subject integrating technical appreciation, commercial awareness and managerial issues. It is concerned with the efficient and effective use of people, information, materials and equipment within organisations to generate new and improved products, processes and services which satisfy the changing requirements of businesses, customers and the environment
• Prince 2 Practitioner
• Association for Project Management (APM) Practitioner
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.