• 30 plus years extensive experience in Process (11 years in Heavy Concrete structures for Thermal Power Stations& Fertilizer plants in India, 10 years in construction and quality control for oil drilling and other associated Civil works in Oil and Gas field in Oman, 7 years in the Quality Assurance & Quality Control for Roads, Water, Drainage, irrigation and Sewerage pipelines and allied infrastructure works in UAE, and 5 years in EPC contract for ADCO in ASAB & Habshan Oil fields, Abu Dhabi
Diploma in Civil Engineering from the Board of Technical Education, Kerala in the year 1980
Successfully completed 5 days QMS 2000 Auditor/Lead auditor Training Course which meets the training requirements of the International Register of Certified Auditors (IRCA) and to the principles and practice of audits of Quality Systems for compliance with ISO 9001:2008 Standards.
Undergone the following training programmes:
• HSE Induction course.
• H2S Awareness & Escape course
• Industrial First Aid course.
• Environmental Awareness course.
• Supervisory Safety course.
• ADCO Safe Driving Course
I. Middle East Experience – 22 years (1992 March 25th to till date)
i) Organisation : Petrofac International Limited, PO Box: 23467, Sharjah, UAE
(From 23 June 2009 to till date)
Position : Lead Sr. QC Engineer-Civil
1. Period : 20th September 2014 to till date
Project : ADCO Project No: 15503.01/EC10840 (PE-102)
600 million USD EPC for Bab Gas Compression Project (EBGCP) Phase-2
2. Period : 1st Nov 2012 to till date
Project : USD 320 Million EPC Contract for CPF Phase-1 at Badra Oil Field
Contract number: 088-12-BD-142-00 (P-2013)
Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Commissioning for Badra oil field Phase-1 for the construction of 3 nos Oil & Gas operation trains along with its related utilities and other associated works.
3. Period : 23rd June2009 to 30th September 2012
Project : USD 2.50 Billion ASAB Full Field Development Project-EPC
Contract No: 7118.01/EC 10714 (P-14333)
Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Commissioning for ASAB FFD for the construction of 1 no new Central De-gassing Station (CDS), 6 nos of Remote De-gassing Stations (RDS) and other various off plot works such as 36” dia Main Oil Line, and other associated works.
Nature of Job
• Responsible for overseeing all QA/QC activities in the assigned area. Deputize for Site Civil Quality Manager in his absence. Reviewing of sub-contractors’ quality documents such as ITPs, QCPs, Material Submittals etc prior to submitting to Clients after verifying with respect to Clients Specifications and International Standards. Interpretation of Customer specifications, applicable international codes and standards to enable these requirements to be included in those documents. Implementing and using project quality plans, policies, procedures, method statements and ITPs during project execution. Allocation of jobs to inspectors on daily basis. Daily coordination of works with subcontractors. . Review and approve supplier / subcontractor data reports. Collate Inspection Results. Supervise Sub-contractor QC personnel. Inspection of works with respect to approved ITP and method statements as necessary such as cutting and filling of earth works, foundation works for substations, pipe racks, Compressors, Tanks, Deep Sumps, reservoirs etc, verification of subcontractors quality documents such as RFI log, Material Approval Request, etc, conducting internal audits on subcontractors, and participate in external audits. Identify and notify any Non-conformances (NCR) at the time of project execution and ensures its immediate corrective /preventive actions. Witnessing sub contractor’s laboratory testing, dealing with Client’s Engineers for quality matters on day to day basis, verification of ITRs and updating with the company WINPCS system.
ii) Organisation: : AL NABOODAH ENGINEERING (L.L.C)
PO BOX: 11193, DUBAI, UAE.
(From: 2002 March to 2009 April)
a) Project: ii) JAP 055-01-C02: Discovery Gardens Infrastructure works- Phase 1 –construction of Sewerage, Drainage, Potable water, Irrigation, Landscaping, Roads and Telecommunication lines for Discovery Gardens infrastructure works.
Project Management: M/s. Turner Construction International. Consultants-Wilbur Smith Associates
a) Position : Project QA/QC Coordinator (Civil)
Period : From: 2004 March to 2009 April
Nature of Job:
• Oversee the daily construction operations at site, and responsible for the quality performance of all involved in the project.
• Evaluate construction activities at various stages to ensure that quality standards established in Company procedures and ITPs are met.
• Carry out Internal Quality Audits, report and advice on corrective/preventive actions.
• Develop realistic ‘JOB DESCRIPTIONS’ for key positions in the project as required.
• Preparation and maintenance of project quality plans and associated procedures and ITPs
• Carryout Supplier / Sub-Contractor QA appraisals and internal audits.
• Set up and manage QA/QC database for the control of certification and documentation.
• Ensure effective quality control of projects with respect to the requirements of Project Quality Plan through QA/QC Engineers and monitoring their performance.
• Establish, administer and control liaison with the certifying authorities, set up methods for recording submissions
• Develop project related Checklists and Site Quality Management System inspections, test plan and method statements.
• Review and compile certification data dossiers and manage records and archiving
• Prepare, implement and direct (in conjunction with the Project Quality Team) a Project Audit Programme to ensure that all project quality requirements are being met and that all functions are being performed in accordance with the procedures and quality objectives.
• To review and recommend acceptance of Sub-Contractors Quality Plans, Inspection and Test plans to monitor and appraise suppliers’ Sub-Contractors’ Quality Systems and performances through surveillance and audit.
• To liaise and co-ordinate with Sub Contractors’ ‘QA’ Representative in order to effect timely production of deliverables
• To continually monitor QA Progress, preparation of progress reports and participation in meetings with the Contractors and other project groups including monthly reports upon the approval of Quality/Safety Plans.
• Co-ordinate with external assessment body for ISO 9001: 2000 certification
• Co-ordinate with projects and procurement department to ensure the performance assessment and evaluation of sub-contractors and major suppliers..
• Co-ordinate the timely completion of Corrective &Preventive actions on NCRs and CARs.
• Co-ordinate with the project management to ensure the documentation, maintenance and submission of contract test packs (As-builts, O&M manual etc.), as required by the contract specifications and QMS requirements.
• Provide (in-house) training to company employees in accordance with ISO 9001:2000 standards, & process related activities (Job specific, system related trainings)
• To ensure continual improvement of the quality management system in the project.
• Ensure project quality objectives are reviewed in the monthly quality meetings and effectively implemented
b) Position : Sr. QA/QC Engineer (Civil)
Period : From: 2002 March to 2004 June
From 2002 Aug. to December 2004
1) Contract 15H/’02- Etisalat Period Contract for laying duct pipes & Chamber construction
From: 2002 October to 2004 June
2) Contract AR-3 – Construction of infrastructure works in Arabian Ranches for EMMAR Properties
Consultant: M/s. Parsons International Limited
From 2003 March to 2004 May
3) Contract DS 172-Re routing of Sewerage & Irrigation Pressure mains at Festival City, Dubai from 2002 March to 2002 Dec.
Client- Dubai Municipality,
Consultants- Al Turath-AAW Engineering consultants
From 2002 March to 2003 February.
Nature of Job
• Preparation of Project Quality Plans & necessary Method Statements for the major civil works in the project.
• Implement and maintain Company QA/QC Procedures and Plans at work sites and offices.
• Conduct Internal Quality Audits as per ISO 9001:2000 QMS in different projects of the company and prepare audit reports.
• Conduct follow up audits and close out audit non conformances after verifying the corrective and preventive actions.
• Interact with Consultants/Clients for day to day site activities as per quality control plans.
• Identify & notify Non Conformances against discrepancies, suggest and verify the corrective & preventive actions taken.
• Identify all required permanent materials as per BOQ/Specs/Drawings, like concrete, steel, asphalt, etc, prepare and submit material submittals and consult with concerned Engineer/Clients for its approval.
• Identify and monitor all quality control tests on materials as per project specs prior to approval and coordinate to conduct routine quality tests on materials after procurement by third party independent labs.
• Conduct incoming receiving inspection of all major materials like, pipes, valves, bedding materials, etc. as per specifications with Consultants/Clients.
• Monitor and control project Lab technicians for conducting routine quality control tests like in-situ field density tests, cube tests etc. as per project specs and liaise with Clients /independent labs for its day to day activities.
• Control and monitor the Inspection, Measuring and Testing Equipment and its calibrations in the project.
• Monitor the project documentation such as correspondences, Inspection Requests etc. and its storage system as per the requirement of ISO 9001:2000.
• Conduct joint field inspection with Engineer for major works such as pipe laying, pressure tests, deflection tests, concrete etc. at site as per project requirement.
iii) Organisation : GALFAR ENGINEERING AND CONTACTING. (L.L.C) PO BOX 533, POSTAL CODE 113, MUSCAT. S.OF OMAN
(From 1992 March to 2002 Feb)
a) Client : M/s. Petroleum Development of Oman
Period : From 1998 October to March 2002
Projects/ Position : QA/QC Engineer (Civil) for Engineering Services Contract at Fahud & Marmul in the Oil & Gas fields
Nature of job
• Work involves maintaining and reviewing of QA/QC procedures, plans and work instructions of the company.
• Arranging and conducting different civil work related field inspections with Client for the construction of new above ground and underground pipe lines, trenching and back filling, pre casting and installing sleepers and foundations for pipelines,
• Construction and inspection of of huge vessel foundations, gathering stations, compressor and tank foundations, industrial and office buildings,
• Construction and inspection of of well pad locations, rig cellars, beam pump bases and maintenance of PDO facilities.
• Interacting with clients for day to day activities as per quality control plans (QCP), preparing of test packs, and auditing of sub contractors. Familiar with ISO9002:1994 and international standards (PDO ERD& BS)
b) Period : From 1995 Jan to 1998 October
Project & Position : QA/QC Inspector (Civil) for CME&I service contract at Fahud in the Oil & Gas fields
Nature of Job:
Work involves field inspections and testing as per quality control plans, procedures and work instructions for the construction of new above ground and underground pipelines, foundations for pipelines, vessels, substation buildings etc, Training of technicians to the company systems, preparing of test packs and interacting with clients on quality matters.
c) Period : From 1994 July to 1995 January.
Project & Position : Area Civil Supervisor for CME&I (Civil, mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation) service contract at Fahud and Marmul.
Nature of job:
Work involves construction of new above ground and underground pipe lines, trenching and backfilling, pre casting and installing sleepers and foundations for pipelines, construction of huge vessel foundations, gathering stations, compressor and tank foundations, industrial and office buildings, construction of well pad locations, rig cellars, beam pump bases and maintenance of PDO facilities. Also interacting with clients for day today activities, approval and procuring of materials, and monitoring daily progress of work with quality and safety.
d) Period : From 1994 April to 1994 July/
Projects/ Position : Civil Supervisor
Nature of Job:
Worked for 60 KM Birba –Al Noor underground pipeline. Work involved supervising and inspecting trench, pre padding and post padding with sand, back filling of trench and constructing windrow and completed the job in three months.
d) Period : From 1993 March to 1994 April
Projects/ Position : Civil Supervisor for North Oman Crude Stabilisation Project (NOCS) joint venture EPC contract with Galfar & M/s.Petrofac International Inc. at Fahud.
Nature of Job:
Responsible for the construction and supervision of all types of civil works such as pipe rack foundations, huge vessel foundations, compressor foundations, substation buildings, cable trenching and backfilling, for the joint venture EPC contract with M/s. Petrofac International Inc.
e) Period : From 1992March to 1993 March
Projects/ Position : Civil Supervisor for the construction of Indian School buildings at Ghala, Muscat
Nature of Job:
Construction and supervision of double story building from surveying to the final finishing with quality and satisfaction of management.
II Experience in India
(from 1981June to 1992 March)
Organisation : Simplex Concrete Piles (I) Ltd, 501/D Poonam Chambers, Worly, Bombay-18 India.
a) Period : From 1991 June to 1992 March
Projects/ Position : Asst. Engineer for Uran Gas Turbine Power Plant for MSEB
Nature of Job:
Quantity surveying, planning, construction and supervision of boiler foundation, auxiliary building and interacting with clients for the construction of gas turbine power plant
b) Period : From 1987 June to 1990 April
Position/ Projects : Junior Engineer for the construction of Khaperkheda Thermal Power Plant at Maharashtra for MSEB under BHEL.
Nature of Job:
Surveying and levelling, quantity surveying and construction and supervision of Crusher house, underground conveyor tunnel and pipe rack foundation for Coal Handling Project for the thermal power project
c) Period : From 1986 July to 1987 June and from 1990 April to1991 June
Position/ Projects : Jr. Engineer for Tank foundations works at IFFCO Kandla.
Nature of Job:
Engaged for the construction of pre cast piling and foundations for Ammonia tank and Phosphoric Acid Tank at Kandla for IFFCO.
d) Period : 1985April to 1986 July
Position/ Projects : Jr Engineer for the construction of Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Project for NTPC
Nature of Job:
Surveying and levelling, construction and supervision of Pump house and water tunnels and quantity surveying for the super thermal power project.
e) Period : 1982 March to 1985 April:
Position/ Projects : Overseer at Hazira for KRIBHCO, Surat
Nature of Job :
Surveying and levelling, and construction of substation building, pipe rack foundation, and foundation for ammonia tank and ammonia auxiliary building.
f) Period : 1981 Jan to 1982 March
Position/ Projects : Overseer at Kanti thermal power project Bihar
Nature of Job:
Surveying and levelling for piling and construction of pile foundation for main building.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.