In my current role at a small startup charity I have had to become an expert in many different areas quickly. I manage the charity Twitter and Facebook pages and producing the weekly newsletter. I use these to promote the regional teacher training workshops we run and it has led to many new followers and sign ups. I am also a freelance reviewer in my spare time, and have a weekly blog thebookonmydesk.uk which has had 1500 unique views since December.
Tablets/Techknowledge For Schools,
January 2015 – present
* Organising and promoting the charity’s regional teacher training workshops
* Managing the charity’s Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus accounts
* Creating the weekly newsletter
* Admin duties relating to the day-to-day running of the charity, as well as the charity rebrand
Campaigning Support Services Analyst
The Conservative Party,
January 2014 – January 2015
* Providing technical support for local and national election campaigns
* Using the in-house electoral database
* Creating training documents and training new members of the team
* Writing communications to support field staff with using election data
Career change and voluntary work (see below)
August 2013 – January 2014
Donnington Primary School
September 2011 – August 2013
* Planning for, teaching and assessing pupils aged 3-11 with varying needs
* Subject leader for 3 subjects – staff training, budgeting and auditing resources
* Mentor for Newly-Qualified Teacher – lesson observation and coaching, writing appraisals, giving feedback and setting targets
* Event planning – Budgeting, dealing with outside suppliers, advertising and promoting, coordinating and organising speakers and workshops
Colville Primary School
September 2008 – August 2011
* Planning for, teaching and assessing a year 1 class (5 & 6 years old)
* Line manager for up to 3 additional adults
* Subject leader for ICT
Sales Assistant (Volunteer), Oxfam Books,
September 2013-January 2014
* Shop key-holder
* Researching and pricing (rare) book donations
*Till training and supporting other volunteers
Database Assistant (Volunteer), Battersea Dogs & Cats Home,
September 2013-January 2014
* Carrying out data cleaning tasks and data entry
*Documentation and logging of business processes
Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE),
Institute of Education, London
September 2007- July 2008
* 2 modules towards an MA in Education
* Qualification in teaching children with developmental needs, accredited by The Nurture Group Network
BA (Hons) Sociology
2:1, University of Reading,
September 2004-July 2007
* Communication in wide range of mediums – confident public speaker, highly effective writer, able to explain complex ideas in an accessible and entertaining way
* Social media – Increased the number of followers on the charity’s twitter feed 33%, increased average link clicks a week from 2 to 5 on average. Engagement rate of tweets up .2% consistently. Facebook likes up 65%.
* Technical skills – Proficient in various software packages – including the Conservative elector relations database, Target Tracker analytics package, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge CRM, Office packages such as Microsoft Excel (including pivot table and formulae).
* Analytics skills – I have become skilled in distilling large amounts of data into actionable information. By looking at trends in data I can spot trends in twitter engagement and webpage visits to inform further communication strategy.
* Quick learner – I am able to quickly assess new situations and demands, and to attain any new knowledge needed to support me in meeting these. Most recently I have learnt how to use WordPress to keep the charity’s webpage running after the Digital Content Manager left.
Go Freelance! Short Course, London School of Journalism, May 2015
A 10 week evening course in how to be successful in freelance journalism
Lifestyle Journalism Short Course, London School of Journalism, November 2014
A short 3 day course into how to write, edit and pitch lifestyle pieces to media outlets
Campaign Managers Academy, run by The Conservative Party, January 2014
An intensive week-long residential course in the basics of running a successful campaign
Certification in using and teaching Makaton, accredited by The Makaton Charity, November 2012 – February 2013
A sign language used with people with communication difficulties
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.