Working as a practice manager for up to six busy consultants has helped me to develop the excellent organisational skills needed to conduct a variety of secretarial and administrative duties. Equally important are my strong interpersonal and communication skills. I am an extremely hard working individual, with the aspiration to progress and succeed. I enjoy working as part of a productive team, but also independently. I am keen to employ this experience and enthusiasm to a new role.
A confident people person able to build good working relationships with any individual. Has a successful work background which demonstrates versatility, enthusiasm and ambition, as well as a number of academic achievements. An individual who clearly demonstrates exceptional administrative and customer care skills alongside a high level of organisation, planning and time management. Offers excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise productively with partners at all levels and balance conflicting and sensitive needs with sensitivity and the utmost discretion. Extremely well organised, capable of multi-tasking and prioritising work, performing well even in the most demanding work environments.
December 2012 – Present
KMS Professionals – Medical Secretary
Practice Manager for up to 6 private consultants, with a variety of different specialities at a remote location
• Managing the private practice of up to 6 consultants at one time
• Effectively balancing the needs of all the practices through strong organisational skills and efficient diary management, including booking appointments and procedures, meetings and training sessions
• Answering telephone calls and acting as first point of contact for patients
• Prioritising my work load to make sure that urgent queries and bookings are dealt with quickly and efficiently, to cause the least possible stress for the patients
• Building relationships with the consultants whose practices I manage via email and telephone
• Liaising with hospitals and clinics to ensure required room space, theatre space and equipment is assigned
• Controlling the invoicing process, sending bills to patients, insurance companies and embassies and forwarding accounts to credit control as and when required
• Overseeing all correspondence including letters to patients and medical records to relevant parties
• Demonstrating sensitivity and compassion in a professional manner and liaising with the relevant consultant should the patient have any questions or concerns
• Raising prescriptions, organising treatments and surgical procedures and referrals to other consultants
• Deputising for team leader in her absence to ensure continuity of service delivery, including delegation of work load and attending meetings
• Supporting other secretaries in the office and having different levels of knowledge on up to 40 different practices and specialties
• Developing and maintaining practice protocols
• Maintaining confidentiality at all times
October 2009 – December 2012
Royal British Legion, Poppy Appeal – Regional Administrator
Providing general and accounting support and advice to volunteers in my area of West Midlands, Norfolk and Suffolk as well as the general public
• Providing assistance and guidance to volunteers in my region
• Building a relationship and liaising with colleagues working within my region
• Processing orders
• Dealing with visitors which involves; taking and processing orders, handling money and card payments
• Finance – analysing transactions made by volunteers
• Dealing with volunteers expenses
• Handling post
• Arranging couriers to collect and deliver
• General office admin
October 2008 – March 2010
Ramada Jarvis Hotel – Conference/Events (Part Time)
• Worked in a team to provide services for conferences and events
• Helped to set up for a wide range of events, varying in size and occasion
• Handled money and card payments
March 2008 – October 2008
Hop Farm – Customer Service Assistant (Casual)
February 2006 – August 2008
Clarks – Sales Assistant/Trained Fitter (Part Time)
Qualifications & Education
AMSPAR Medical Terminology, Level 2 (2013)
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting (2013)
OCR Advanced Diploma in Administration with Events (2008 – 2009)
Including; OCR Award in Word Processing, Business Presentations, Document Presentation, Audio Transcription and Speed Keying. OCR Level 3 Key Skills in Communication, ICT and Working with others.
BTEC National Certificate in Travel and Tourism (2006 – 2008)
9 GCSEs (A-C) including Maths, English and ICT (2001 – 2006)
• Confident in the use of MS Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
• Touch typist – 60+ wpm.
• Hold a clean driving license
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.