- SAP user course.
- Advanced Safety Leadership Course.
- Certified in Taproot procedures.
- FCPA and Corrupt Practises Act Courses.
- Incident Command Training.
1993-1996 Liberty Life
- Various marketing, sales, management, negotiation and contracts courses.
1993-Present Real Estate Agency Board
- Passed the Real Estate Agency Board exam.
1986-1989 Rhodes University
- B.A. Degree.
- Majors in African Political Science and Journalism.
- Subjects: Legal Theory, Philosophy, English, Afrikaans, German.
2011 – 2013 Appologist Abu Dhabi
- Interactive TV format Company.
- Starting up the Africa division.
2011 – 2013 Oil, Marine and Offshore Services Western Cape
- Agency for Marine and Rig repair work in Africa.
2006 – 2011 Hess Equatorial Guinea
Property and Facilities Manager
Based in Equatorial Guinea on a rotational basis and subsequently assumed total responsibility for all Equatorial Guinea facilities.
- Total management (Organogram Attached):
- of all building service and facilities functions:
- Capital Projects Management:
- Management of all base capital projects for expansion and improvement – management of both cost budgets and delivery times so as the provide efficiencies;
- Management of all technical maintenance – both preventative and unscheduled (including generators, HVAC, cold stores etc.) to ensure continuous delivery to the base of essential water and power so as to ensure that efficiencies were not compromised.
- Operational management of warehousing and company fleet (approx 60 vehicles):
- Management of capital assets to ensure that management to meet service delivery targets without experiencing logistical lag;
- Management and control of technical spares so as to ensure that these items were:
- Purchased at the best possible price to the company;
- Stored in conditions to ensure no deterioration of the items whilst under our control;
- Safeguarded to ensure that no shrinkage or loss occurred for the company and to ensure that where losses were detected these were managed to ensure that such losses were not repeated;
- Inventory management to ensure that the correct quantity of spares and consumables were on hand to ensure uninterrupted delivery of product – particularly to ensure that no expensive breakdown of offshore drilling activities occurred – the service delivery protocols in an offshore drilling environment are designed around extreme efficiencies as there is limited storage opportunity on the offshore platform. These delivery protocols include inventory, helicopter and water based inventory delivery solutions to platforms in diverse conditions to meet management requirements.
- Management of consumables (including perishable foodstuffs) to ensure continuous delivery of a work environment suitable to the needs of the employees and as directed by management.
- Management of inventory in all areas to ensure that no loss through shrinkage or employee waste was incurred – training of staff in the importance of controls over all elements of inventory.
- Catering & Accommodation:
- Ensuring that the accommodation was maintained to ensure that management and staff could function optimally;
- Ensuring that the property/grounds were maintained which included the management of the golf course on the property;
- Ensuring that the kitchen was optimally supplied to ensure that they could fulfil their line function of catering and provisions – this included the management of a kitchen garden and the correctly managed supply of provisions to the base.
- The above was achieved through:
- Management and supervision of an employee force of approximately 100 people of varied nationalities and backgrounds – particularly important was the management of cultural differences to ensure that the corporate culture remained top of mind;
- Management of contracts with service providers and monitoring of service delivery in terms of both product quality and price but also in terms of service delivery agreements to ensure optimal efficiency for the company;
- Management and control of supply chain functions and logistics related thereto to ensure “just in time delivery” to ensure efficiencies and to minimise wastages.
- Management, formulation and control of a budget of approximately US$12 million to ensure that budgetary constraints were adhered to and to look for ways to deliver earnings to the company through efficient management of budget.
- Management and control of warehousing and food storage.
- Management, control and ordering of maintenance spares and food.
- Responsible for management and delivery of:
- all new construction and project management
- ensuring health and safety standards on site and amongst all staff.
- ensuring service level agreements and contracts are in place for outsourced activities.
- hiring and training national and expatriate staff.
- implementing nationalisation plan.
- assisting with community development and social works programmes.
- in-sourcing catering and janitorial functions (resulting in lower costs and quality improvements).
2005– 2008 Stanmar Motors Knysna Western Cape
- Worked with partners and a publicly traded company (The Bolton Group) to establish a Daimler Chrysler dealership.
- Developed a business plan and compiled budget and sales predictions.
- Identified market and budget constraints of a new dealership.
- Researched and resolved logistical issues.
- Management of buy in of capital goods and vehicle inventory to ensure correct delivery (to be synchronised with building program) so as to ensure opening of dealership on time and on budget.
- Design of parts warehousing to ensure optimal flow of spares inventory whilst establishing systems to control shrinkage.
- Interviewed and evaluated candidates for various job positions, including sales people, mechanics and finance specialists.
- Established a dealership health and safety manual.
- Established a workplace code of conduct to ensure management of employee relations.
- Negotiated successful sale of business.
2003–2006 KI Trading Western Cape
- Researched import/export opportunities.
- Liaised with South African Revenue Services and South African Reserve Bank to obtain permission to set up import/export company.
- Negotiated South African rights to distribute various products – amongst others, Kyocera Ceramic Knives and Venom Custom Motorcycles.
- Worked with customs and bureaucracy in America, Germany and South Africa.
2000–2005 Graffiti USA and Truck Ads Inc. Atlanta, USA
President Marketing and Shareholder
- Established successful media company.
- Secured and supervised procurements.
- Successfully managed, administrated and trained a sales team.
- Marketed the company’s products extensively throughout the USA.
- Directed and oversaw distribution.
1996–2000 Lightley’s Holiday Houseboats Western Cape
Managing Director and Shareholder
- Launched extensive marketing strategies thereby increasing occupancy on the houseboats.
- Negotiated the import of seven luxury houseboats from the USA to South Africa.
- Co-ordinated sales, marketing and service personnel into a cohesive force.
1993-1996 Liberty Life Gauteng
- Marketed Liberty Life products to independent insurance brokers.
- Trained and taught independent brokers advanced sales techniques.
- Received the 1995 Chairman’s Challenge Award for greatest increase in sales.
1991-1993 Complete Publishing Gauteng
- Managed magazine advertising sales force.
- Liaised, negotiated and collaborated with advertisers.
- Wrote, edited and designed publication.
PERSONAL Key skills, abilities and attributes
- Assumed lead roles in all businesses in which I have been involved.
- Able to work with people of varied status and background.
- Able to motivate people.
- Able to assimilate complex information rapidly and provide appropriate solutions.
- Logical thinker.
- Well developed written and verbal skills.
- Excellent working relationships with peers and management.
- Proven capacity to liaise with rotation partner and carry out effective handovers.
- Proposed and implemented various business strategies, both in private business and in Facilities Management position.
- Worked successfully and intimately with business partners, managers and staff in general.
- Have lived in, and travelled throughout several countries around the world, including South Africa, West Africa and the USA.
- I thrive on the challenge of accommodating different cultures and environments.
- Have routinely managed diverse facilities projects and programmes within the allocated budgets.
- Capacity to successfully complete projects under time constraints.
- Skilled in negotiating and arbitrating.
- Clear understanding and good user knowledge of:
- SAP – budget, inventory control and procurement module.
- Microsoft office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Apple Mac programmes.