I am a qualified science professional with experience in laboratory analysis within the tobacco industry. I am enthusiastic, motivated, driven, with excellent communication-, organisational- and problem solving skills. I work well alone or in a team.
Bachelor of Science – Microbiology & Physiology stream
University of South Africa
Professional Training, Etc.
• Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment (HIRA) Training
• Spill Management Training
• Environmental Health and Safety Representative
• First Aid Administrator (Level 1)
• Fire Marshal (Level 1)
• International Computer Driving License (ICDL course)
Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
Profile & Key Strengths
Qualified Science Professional with laboratory analysis experience in the tobacco industry.
Excellent interpersonal- and problem solving skills and ability to deal with rapidly changing priorities utilising a down-to- earth, team player attitude and a strong and proactive safety focus.
• Ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment, alone or in a team
• Ability to communicate at all levels to achieve productivity efficiencies
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
• Ability to think outside the square
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong Heath and Safety awareness
• Willingness to learn
British American Tobacco (Pty) Ltd
Nov 2009 – Feb 2013
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global tobacco company with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future.
Ensured that tobacco and its products are sampled, analysed and reported so that accurate and timely decisions could be taken by Management. Developed, implemented and maintained procedures, test methods, calibration and maintenance in compliance with ISO 17025.
• Provided analytical support by performing routine and non-routine analyses on tobacco products, raw materials and packaging as required by customers
• Provided investigational and problem-solving support to customers to rectify and qualify deviation detected during the course of analysis
• Assisted in the installation, commissioning, routine maintenance and calibration of instruments and equipment used in the Routine Analytical Department
• Communicated with different departments in the laboratory in safety at work meetings, successfully addressing all issues and ensuring strict adherence to safe working practices and environmental protection procedures.
Cigarette Smoke (TPM, Puffs CO)
Tobacco Moisture (including CFA samples)
Visual Assessments (carton, pack, cigarettes)
Wrapping Material Assessment
Tobacco Cut Widths Analysis
Peel Tests of masked products
Low Ignition Propensity
Nicotine Water (GC)
Tobacco Nicotine/ Total Sugars/ Chloride (CFA)
Cigarette / Pack Menthol (GC)
Smoke Menthol (GC)
Tobacco Individual Sugars (HPLC)
Tobacco Phenols (HPLC)
Moisture by Karl Fischer
Benita de Witt Sport Therapy & Alignment
Mar 2002 – Nov 2009
Benita de Witt Sport Therapy & Alignment, now known as Lyno Sport Studios, is a physiotherapy practice using the Lyno method to assess & treat sports injuries.
Provided clerical and administrative support to the physiotherapy team in order to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
• Used a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, etc. to produce correspondence and documents and maintain records
• Devised and maintained office systems
• Handled booking of rooms and conference facilities
• Used content management systems to maintain and update websites and internal databases
• Attended meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes
• Managed and maintained budgets, as well as invoicing
• Liaised with staff in other departments and with external contacts
• Ordered and maintained stationery and equipment
• Sorted and distributed incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post
• Liaised with colleagues and external contacts to book travel and accommodation
• Organised and stored paperwork, documents and computer-based information
• Photocopied and printed various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.