•Visionary Mechanical Engineer with over 25 years of pioneering experience and year-on-year success in overall engineering management of plants and projects operations with key focus on top-line & bottom-line profitability by ensuring optimal utilization of resources; strong in reliability and maintainability engineering for plants with proficiency Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and failure analysis
Repeatedly produced sustained business and revenue growth in executing Project
• B.Sc. (Mechanical Engineering), University of Nairobi, 1995.
• Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Technical University of Kenya, 1992.
• Ordinary Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Kenya, 1987.
O&M of Process Plants
Industrial Project Mgmt.
Heavy Plant Engineering
TPM & TQM Practices
Six Sigma Methodologies
Estimation & Budgeting
Cost & Financial Control
Team Bldg. & Leadership
CMMS(Computerized Maintenance Management Systems )
Since Nov 2011
NAQUA (National Aquaculture Group) – Al Lith / Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Head Engineering & Technical Services
• Direct, coordinate and manage company’s Engineering/Technical services business for maintenance & project work support during all phases of project operations.
• Manage performance in appropriate areas to ensure policies, procedures, standards and all contractual requirements are met and that the maximum value is achieved.
• Manage/oversee coordination with other Engineering departments to maximize financial returns; achieve optimum project and Division performance in all areas, and resolve problems both within the Division and Operations Department and at plant sites.
• Manage/oversee plant maintenance programs to both support and meet Company performance standards.
• Coordinate with and support Marketing and Business Development efforts, including the development of proposals for new projects and growth initiatives.
• Manage projects and resources to achieve the maximum Gross Margin and to minimize both Operations Department and overall Company G&A.
• Provide periodic performance reports of assigned projects and plants including status of operational and financial performance.
• Manage associated resources and personnel for assigned projects in conjunction with relevant senior executives.
Projects & Achievements
• Successfully led Engineering team to implement CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management system) in ERP LN and achieved tremendous improvements in Maintenance, Planning, Spares & inventory controls resulting in huge savings.
• Successfully executed Water Treatment Plant projects earning the company over 300 million dollars.
• Executed New Power Generators and water Desalination Plants installations worth over 220 Million USD
• Upgraded & Automated Process plant & increase production capacity by 80 percent with enhanced revenue projection by 75%.
• Trained and developed Technical team with improved technical knowledge, improved safety awareness & customer satisfaction (achieved average planned maintenance @ 97 % to Plan).
• Secured ISO Certifications & BRC certifications.
Jun 2009 – Nov 2011
COCA COLA (SBI) – Hargesia, Somaliland.
Head Plant Engineer & Maintenance Manager
• Manage installation and commissioning of plants and equipment for plant projects.
• Design manufacturing systems, controls & improvements as required maintaining plant’s reliability and costing effectiveness.
• Interface and work closely with plant management team in the planning and development of projects and in developing viable solutions to identified problems.
• Analyze and evaluate new processes, controls and equipment to improve reliability and efficiencies of operation.
• Support environmental compliance efforts and guide direct reports to strategically lead continuous improvement efforts in TPM
• Lead PM and/or Early Management Pillars and support Autonomous Maintenance plans.
• Provide direct supervision to the Project Engineer to ensure that all projects are planned, developed, and executed in a timely manner, consistent with financial projections and resulting in improved True Efficiency, safety, quality and continuous improvement of the facility.
• Supervise and manage Maintenance Team to ensure that maintenance activities are executed in a manner which results in improved True Efficiency, safety, quality and continuous improvement of the facility.
• Support the Operation Department to effect improvement on production lines and achieve proposed True Efficiency objectives through maintenance support and personal involvement.
• Review Engineering and Maintenance issues with overall goal to maintain a true efficiency index.
• Control the ongoing repair and period maintenance budgets in line with plan.
• Play key role in CMMS (computerized maintenance management systems) plan development and implementation in an efficient manner, and resolve corporate audit issues.
• Oversee Generators Service & Maintenance of all Utilities, Power Plants, Water Treatment Plant s, Waste Water Treatment Plants Industrial Refrigeration Plants.
• Successfully managed Installation & commission all plant Equipment at an investment of USD 196 Million.
• Improved savings in maintenance budget by 20 % through meticulous maintenance planning.
• Enhanced plant uptime and supported in achieving production to demand figures at 115% on an average.
• Ensured 100% efficiency of Waste Water Treatment Plant facilitating use of treated water for irrigation.
• Implemented CMMS and provided training to all Technicians.
May 2002 – Jun 2009
COCA COLA (SABCO) – Nairobi Bottlers, Kenya
Process Mechanical Engineer & Maintenance Manager
• Formulate and implement Performance Focused Maintenance (PFM), roll out & implementation TPM, and implement PPM schedules to ensure maximum efficiency.
• Use reliability best practices integration to Preventive plant maintenance & operations. Promote and develop (PFM, TPM, RCM, CBM, ODR, Thermography) metrics for quality assessment and control.
• Reduce equipment failures; improve equipment reliability through Excellence in maintenance (EXIM) & PFM. Improve RCFA execution and machine availability using PFM, and maintenance planning adherence to documented maintenance strategies.
• Develop & calculate reliability metrics meantime between failure & mean time between Repairs (MTBF, MTTR, failure rate etc.).
• Coordinate identifying plant critical assets according to production targets.
• Update equipment criticality list according to production business plan changes and targets.
• Coordinate critical spare parts reviews, maintenance & service all plant equipment (Both Heavy & Light) which consisted and included Heavy Bottling equipment. Heavy Refrigeration Equipment. Packaging Machines, Bottle Inspection Equipment & allied equipment; High pressure, high volume big centrifugal water pumps, various types of compressors and other plant machineries.
• Handled maintenance of other Utilities & infrastructures including Generators, Combined cycle plant & all rotating Equipment, Waste water treatment Plant & Fresh (Potable ) water treatment Plant, Buildings and operations sites.
• Develop proactive RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) and FMECA (Failure Mode & Effects conditions Analysis).
• Ensure smooth control & operations within the department’s budget.
• Fully participate in approval of engineering l expenditures, Rolling Estimates, Repairs & maintenance costs.
• Perform cost-benefit analysis for technical solutions, and timely staff appraisals.
• Sustain and uphold Standards like TCCQS, E3, ISO 9001:22000 standards, HACCP, KBS, PFM, and QHSE Standards.
• Conduct Standards Audits, Key Performance Indicators review, Integrity reviews, and HSE training & Coordination.
• Implement Capital Projects & Six Sigma Projects.
• Successfully managed and completed Capital Project worth over USD 300 Million
• Minimized break down levels at 2.5% against industry standard of 5% by implementing TPM & SAP.
• Improved line efficiency from 75% to 91 % which translated to a production savings of USD 17 Million per month.
• Contributed to the Growth in Sales & Volume at a projected 5 years’ figures of 16%, 25%, 45%, 60%, and 85%.
• Fully executed sustainability & improvement of engineering development programs.
Jan 1989 – Apr 2002
AGIP Petroleum Refinery Ltd., Mombasa – Kenya & Dar es Salam – Tanzania
Maintenance Engineer & Projects Manager
Power Plant & Water Desalination Manager
• Provide Process Engineering technical expertise and services for troubleshooting, monitoring, and operations optimization to achieve Optimum Equipment Performance while maintaining and complying with safety and environmental standards.
• Diagnose and prevent equipment / structure degradation or failure, and implement root cause analysis and corrective actions.
• Manage Estimating & Scheduling, OSHA, Quality Management, ISO 9001 & 2000 certification, KBS Compliance & Certification, ISO World class standards compliance & Certification.
• Responsible for Plant’s Process Engineering – Planned Maintenance, and support for project development within the Process Engineering Department.
• Drive significant improvements in maintenance practices, costs, and EHS challenges in Waste Water treatment Plant.
• Develop and direct multiple Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Lean Manufacturing programs.
• Carry out Expansion Projects – installations of Plant, Utilities & Allied equipment.
• Implement investment projects as needed to support Maintenance and Reliability goals and objectives, including responsibility for delivery of project objectives for scope, schedule, budget, and cash flow. Manage day-to-day project Operations.
• Develop and maintain all POWER PLANT & WATER DESELINATION PLANT equipment/infrastructures.
• Oversee POWER PLANT & WATER DESILINATION PLANT’S project logistics, and ensure that teams are provided with required technical solutions.
• Oversee Oil Refinery Engineering & Maintenance works.
• Responsible for Risk Management, FAT and certification. Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and CMMS.
• Managed expansion projects installations in respect of Power Plant, Water Desalination Plant, and Waste Water Utilities Plant worth USD 350 Million.
• Achieved Maintenance and Reliability goals and objectives by 100%.
• Achieved delivery of projects objectives within predetermined scope, schedule, and budget.
• Successfully handled an estimated average operation Budget of USD 3.6 Million per month. .
• Contributed to company Growth in sales profits on an average of 14% – 18 % per annum in a span of 10 years.
• Increased water production by 200% within 3 years which reflected a quick return on investment due to strong water demand.
• Developed & appraised technical teams to greater levels of knowledge & competency.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.