I have 22 years Programming and Development experience for Sappi Mill in the RSA as a contractor and am in search of new opportunities and challenges.
I am naturally talented with diplomacy, logical thinking, and also have a good understanding and regard for people. My involvement with Sappi, and hands-on experience with my own businesses and staff management, gives me the necessary confidence and experience, as an excellent candidate for any challenge.
Qualifications & Training
1993 – 2012 Various training courses including Oracle, SAP, .NET etc.
1990 – 1992 Technicon Natal,
For the last 22 years I have been actively involved with the development and support of different MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) at Sappi Ngodwana Mill, Mpumalanga, South Africa, and have also worked on a number of Regional Information System (RIS) projects.
Additionally, I have also started (and sold) two businesses in my private capacity. Bit-Tec Computers, which supplied retail computer hardware/software, and Alpha Internet Café, providing internet services in two prominent shopping malls located in Nelspruit.
Company : Contractor at “Naartjie Software Solutions” (A Software Services Company programming for Sappi Southern Africa.)
Position : Business Process Engineer
Period : 22 Years total programming and development work for Sappi as a contractor:
• 1993 -1995: ABB Software Engineer
• 1995 -1999: Contracting directly to Ngodwana
• 1999 -Current: Naartjie Software Solutions
1. SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing & Intelligence) Portal
I have developed and maintained more than 200 reports and transactions (Business Logic), within the SAP xMII Portal over the last seven years. The Business Logic is also used to transport information between the Oracle, Ms SQL Server, PI, SAP, Outlook and various Sappi systems.
This tool gave me extra exposure to:
• HTML( IRPT), Dreamweaver
• XML Documents,
• XSL Stylesheets
• Java Script
• OSIsoft –PI System (real-time data and events)
• Oracle, MS SQL Server, SAP
• Workbench (Logic Editor) used to develop various business logic transactions.
• Done various Oracle DBA projects.
• Query optimization (speed).
• Business Logic and System Development in Oracle packages.
• PL/SQL Developer and TOAD knowledge.
• Worked with Oracle Forms and Report writer.
• 20 years’ experience.
3. Development experience in:
• Microsoft .NET (2003, 2005, 2010)
C# and Visual Basic Programming
• Web Design
ASP, ASPX, DotNetNuke
NetBeans and IntelliJ IDE(Integrated Development Environment)
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Microsoft Office Programming
Excel VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
• Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ)
I am a competent SAP user and I am familiar with the PP (Production Planning) and MM (Materials Management) modules. I have also been actively involved in bi-directional interfacing to SAP.
5. IBM WebSphere MQ
I am familiar with messaging using WebSphere MQ. I developed several programs to interface to and from SAP using MQ.
6. Expert on Trim Optimization (X-Trim)
I am Sappi’s regional expert in trim optimization. I have been involved in several successful projects to minimize trim loss (waste) throughout the region. I am the regional super user for the Greycon’s X-Trim program.
• Developed the Sappi to Greycon interface in Oracle and MS SQL Server with Greycon.
• Written a trim optimization program for Sappi Cape Kraft based on a linear programming routine.
• Written my own heuristic trim optimization program in Excel using VBA(Visual Basic for Applications).
7. Other Sappi Project/Skills:
• Regional Label Standardization and Design.
I am fully versed with Printronix and Zebra Printers PGL and ZPL codes and am responsible for the Sappi Label Project.
• Regional MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) Knowledge
Due to my knowledge, I was involved with Sappi to investigate the replacement of various legacy MES systems within South Africa. I was also selected as a member of a team visiting various companies in Europe to investigate their systems.
• General Electric – Proficy Historian
I had training in the use of the Proficy Historian and have written various SAP xMII reports using the historian at the Usutu Mill.
• Warehouse Management
I have been involved with several warehousing related projects. I successfully installed and maintained a wireless scanning system at Ngodwana Mill.
8. Forex Trading Analysis and Statistics.
• I have written several trading robots (programs that trade on the consumers’ behalf) for the Metatrader4 platform using a JAVA- like platform.
• I have also written graphical indicators that draw graphs based on trends.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.