Influential communicator, strong presenter, dynamic and energising personality, able to build and inspire trust, results and quality-oriented, passion to succeed, organised, creative and innovative.
Strong career progression through sales, business development and now marketing over last 10 years in the healthcare sector. Comfortable in fast-paced environment, accepting that 'change is the norm'.
Ready to be challenged.
• Highly driven, intelligent and organised individual with a passion for people and a determination to energise and inspire others.
• Instinctively creative and imaginative, and also able to analyse and reason calmly and effectively, managing multiple tasks at once and prioritising accordingly for the most successful outcome.
• Keen to explore new opportunities and not afraid to try something different in order to continue self-reflective learning and professional development.
• Confident and influential communicator, excellent interpersonal skills and an innate ability to build and inspire trust through sharing and collaborating.
• Always focused on customer and commercial care, driven by quality, impact and innovation and exceeding expectations by accepting nothing short of exceptional.
July 2013 – Present
Marketing Manager, Western Europe
• Responsible for 5 of the Company’s top 10 major growth products across multiple customer applications, in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, both internally and externally. Accepting that ‘change is the norm’ and adapting accordingly.
• Collaborating with country and cluster leads to define priorities and vision for ongoing commercial and strategic plans, including resource- and budgetary-planning, and developing key performance metrics.
• Conceptualising, planning and executing briefs for all major marketing projects including exhibitions, advertising, collateral creation, product management, and article writing. Ensuring all projects contribute to strategic imperatives and commercial growth.
• Continual analysis and development of the market through KOL prospecting & networking, relationship-building and customer visits, regular communication with the commercial teams and internal networking.
• Identifying gaps and weaknesses in sales knowledge, subsequently creating new training courses for team members, including negotiating budget to collaborate with external agencies for the best results.
• Solving complex problems and identifying solutions through collaboration where necessary, but not afraid to take calculated risks when appropriate. Adopted a ‘quality-management’ attitude with pride
• Utilising previous commercial experience to forge better relationships between sales and marketing teams with a view to executing joint plans to the highest level and improving operational effectiveness with forecasting, product knowledge and account targeting and management.
January 2012 – July 2013
Alere Ltd Business
Development Specialist, South-East England
• Utilised the strength of existing commercial relationships to further develop, protect and grow new business, including gaining several major new NHS contracts with annual values of £80,000 £100,000 per account per year.
• Worked tirelessly to secure existing business across multiple product platforms during periods of difficult market penetration and product-quality issues.
• Advanced sales and negotiation skills at a strategic level, working alongside key local stakeholders within the NHS, local government and Strategic Health Authorities.
• Managed change and demonstrated tenacity and perseverance during a particularly hard transition period for the NHS, by being visible and available to all key contacts and accounts.
March 2010 – January 2012
Product Specialist, South-East England
• Responsible for the support and business protection of multiple products in varied clinical applications, alongside the execution and implementation of many different commercial priorities. Ability to be totally flexible and adaptable dependent on the specific sales scenario and customer focus.
• Played an integral role in the launch of a new blood gas device into the UK market, and developed early adopter relationships with KOLs and stakeholders, both internally and externally.
• Used initiative to act as a liaison between Marketing and Sales to improve and expand existing product collateral and training materials.
March 2010 – January 2012
Territory Sales Manager
• Assertive communicator, able to demonstrate new products comprehensively, and influence customer buying choices through effective sales presentations and self-created marketing campaigns.
• Enjoyed challenge of growing sales from a zero-base, using initiative to develop inventive strategies to prospect new business and grow client-base from scratch.
• Only sales manager to gain product exclusivity in several key accounts, worth in excess of £100,000 per year. Highest product placement figures on exit. Territory market share remained in excess of company growth. Served largest territory with over 80 major accounts demonstrating effective time management and prioritisation to select, manage and maintain the most appropriate accounts.
Sept 2006–Sept 2008
Territory Sales Manager
• Proven track record in growing and protecting business. Movement in market growth rankings from position twenty-three to fifteen. 103% of target on exit.
• Sought opportunities to work with marketing team, growing understanding of campaign creation and execution, and subsequently invited to work on several projects to develop innovative strategies for product and company promotion.
• Successfully adopted brand new skills in sales and negotiation, capitalising on natural strengths in communication and relationship-building to develop strong sales network. Not afraid to try attitude.
1999 – 2006
Not work-shy! • Started first job aged 15 in a party and entertainment business – really enjoyed first experiences in retail sales and customer service.
• Also necessary to supplement finances whilst studying by taking various retail and hospitality roles – shows determination, ability to tackle multiple challenges and pride in succeeding.
Education & Qualifications
Sept 2003 – June 2006
King’s College London University BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy 2:1
• Able to focus intently on specific learning outcomes to achieve successful results.
• Efficiently managing a pressured time-schedule, and always adhering to deadlines.
• Self-awareness – able to continually appraise personal goals and objectives.
• Maintenance of confidentiality and complying with regulations.
• Building professional relationships and excellent client rapport.
Sept 1995 – June 2003
Higher Education • A-Levels: Human Biology (A), General Studies (B), Geography (B), Physical Education (B)
• AS-Levels: Biology (B), Music (A)
• GCSEs: Biology (A), Chemistry (B), English Language (A), English Literature (A), French (A*), Geography (A), Maths (A), Music (A*), Physical Education (A*), Physics (A)
Sept 2006 – Present
• Various sales and marketing courses completed including Value Selling for Marketing, Professional Selling Skills and Big Ticket Selling.
May 2005 – June 2006
Physiotherapy Society President – a part of KCL University Student Union
• Dedicated to serving the entire Faculty of Physiotherapy, working in close conjunction with the Student Union to offer support, social opportunities and academic assistance.
Sept 2004 – June 2006 KCL University Netball Club – Treasurer & Sponsorship Officer
• Responsible for all Club income and expenditure.
• Negotiation with Extreme Sports Channel and local businesses to gain beneficial sponsorship deals and discounts for players.
• Grade 8 Pianoforte with Merit
• Grade 5 Music Theory with Distinction
• Gold Crown and Full University Colours awarded for services and support to University staff and students.
Sport, music, skiing, horse-riding, reading, travelling, family, socialising, learning new things!
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.