A multi skilled, established and highly self motivated NDT professional with a wealth of experience within QA, Maintenance and Project Management. As a capable leader, can motivate and empower individuals to achieve their own potential and to make a significant contribution to the delivery of common goals. Is committed to managing multiple / complex projects within set timeframes, budgets and to a high quality standard.
CO OWNER & QUALITY CONTROL TEAM LEADER (2007 – To Date)
EQC International (Zimbabwe)
• Personally responsible for carrying out a number of different kinds of inspections, including:
o UT, MT & PT on components including cast racks, shovel sticks, gears and shafts, cross members to arm welds, wheel bead seats, flanges, rim base and wheel discs and structural support members
• Performing and overseeing MT and PT on structural and piping weld during fabrication and erection stage in fabrication yard, including weld edge preparation, semi-finished and finished butt weld and fillet weld
• Ensuring the consistent adherence to all approved work procedure, code, standard specification and work instruction
• Carrying out UT inspections on pipes and plates of various diameter and thickness, thickness measurement, lamination check and TKY configurations inspections
• Undertaking UT, MT and PT inspections for cement production customers on components including the raw mill fan, roller shaft, fan impeller, kiln drive shaft, clinker hammer, mill gears and mill shell, among others
• Dealing with the MT & PT in shipyard industry on cranes, cables, hooks, other lifting and support equipment, maintaining structural integrity
Earth Moving equipment worked on: Drills; Atlas Copco DMM3 & Ingersoll-Rand DML-HP; Dozers; Caterpillar D10T Track & Komatsu D375-5 Track; Haul Trucks; Komatsu HD1500-7 & Caterpillar 785C and 789C; Excavators; Caterpillar 385C and Komatsu PC3000-6; Loaders; Caterpillar 992G & H, Komatsu WA900-3E0; Graders; Caterpillar 16H; Shovels; Komatsu PC4000 & Hitachi EX3600 &EX5500
CHIEF QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR (2003 – 2007)
Air Force of Zimbabwe
• Performing and overseeing UT, ET, MT, PT and VT on aircraft structural components, including landing gear, wheel hubs, wings and fuselage members, to name a few
• Implementing NDT inspection procedures (VT, PT, MT, UT, ET and RT) on aircraft components and structures during periodic inspections and supervising quality inspectors during mandatory aircraft periodic inspections up to ‘C’ Check
• Carrying out product quality control and assurance through quality inspections, audits and non-destructive testing (NDT)
• Personally responsible for ensuring non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques are carried out on equipment and spares as scheduled or when called for, as part of the quality assurance tasks
• Utilising knowledge and technical skills when interpreting blue prints and engineering drawings
MAINTENANCE MANAGER (1997 – 2003)
Air Force of Zimbabwe
• Personally responsible for the minimisation of the number and severity of asset failures through the development, implementation and overseeing of processes
• Developing, administering and refining the standard maintenance procedures as well as specifying / documenting the repair techniques and resources required for major repetitive maintenance tasks
• Fully accountable for the proper plan of repairs through developing / maintaining a maintenance history database as well as maintaining / analysing equipment data and history records in predicting maintenance needs
• Improving maintenance planning and execution through the development and implementation of specific checklists, procedures and strategies, determining the outside resources
• Applying value analysis on plant equipment and systems in making maintenance decisions by repair, replacement and /or redesign / modification
• Additionally responsible for carrying out health checks on plant equipment and systems, determining and focusing maintenance activities and improving equipment reliability
MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (1992 – 1996)
Air Force of Zimbabwe
Education And Qualifications
Levels I & II Certificates in NDT and Quality Management
BTech (hons) Production (Industrial) Engineering (Chinhoyi University of Technology, Zimbabwe)
Aircraft Maintenance & Overhaul (Mechanical)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.