I love working, am confident, high energy and an ambitious young woman! My strong work ethic has seen me grow from a kennel assistant with no formal/completed tertiary qualification at an SPCA to a National Division Manager for my current employer covering marketing, PR, training (staff & clients), sales management, logistics and technical support. I am passionate about customer service and am a good leader capable of problem solving, motivating, coaching and delegating
Pietermaritzburg Girls High School (1999)
Matriculated (University admission for Bachelor’s Degree)
Subjects: English, Afrikaans, Maths (SG), Physical Science (SG), Biology (HG), Accounting (HG)
SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) – Howick & Mooi River
2003 – 2007
Kennel and Clinic Assistant, Inspector with AWA qualification (basic primary healthcare, euthanasia and education endorsed by the South African Veterinary Council) and Kennel Manager
• Responsible for animal handling, education, basic treatments, clinic assistant to veterinarian, prosecuting cruelty cases under the Animals Protection Act, fundraising, outreach clinics, sterilization campaigns, admin
• Reason for Leaving: Sought more structure and career growth opportunities
MVW (Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers)
2007 to present
Mooi River Branch (March 2007 to November 2009)
• Inventory Control – Stock receiving, dispatch and sales assistance
• Assistant Manager – Support manager with sales and warehouse teams, Customer support
Johannesburg Branch (November 2009 – March 2012)
• Support, Damage Control and implementing new strategies to a failing branch
• Took over management of branch – Sales and warehouse teams, Procurement, Marketing, Field sales, Disciplinary procedures
• Took over responsibility of national IDEXX distribution for MVW through the JHB branch (2010) – 1 technician, 1 field sales representative, technical support, marketing, procurement, import liaison, congresses and events (planning & attendance), customer support, took over with customer install base of just over 50
• Due to growth of branch and IDEXX division, handed over management of pharmaceutical division and focused on further growth of IDEXX division
Head Office (March 2012 – October 2013)
• IDEXX Division Manager – 4 field sales representatives, 2 technicians, technical support, training (staff & clients), marketing, procurement & sales forecasting, congresses (planning & attendance), basic import & export procedures, customer support, customer install base of just over 300
• Distribution agreement with IDEXX EU ended 31 December 2013
Kokstad (October 2013 to present)
• Branch Manager – Ensure consistent profitability of the branch through growth of sales within existing client base, develop sales into emerging farmer market, mentor existing staff, identify new business opportunities in the Eastern Cape, Transkei and East Griqualand areas
National Endurance Events
• I have set-up and run a laboratory at Tri-Nations and Fauresmith Endurance Events, assisting veterinarians with sample analysis (Chemistry, Haematology and Electrolytes)
Computer Literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Pastel
Animal Health – Primary Healthcare, Clinic Assistant, Client Relations, Product Knowledge, IDEXX range, basic understanding in lab work
Social Skills – I believe I have strong interpersonal skills and have experience and strength in leading and motivating teams
Marketing – I believe that through my partial study and work experience, I have a good understanding of how to research and market products as well as strength and ability in working with the consumer/client
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.