RECENT PROJECTS/CONTRACTS COMPLETED:
COMPANY: FPG Group – Learning and Development Specialist
COMPANY: DATACENTRIX – Change Management Consultant/Training Specialist (Department of Health Head Office)
COMPANY: YUM GLOBAL – Consultant/Training Specialist
COMPANY: ROHLOFF GROUP - Learning and Development Consultant
COMPANY: THE RAINBOW FAMILY PROJECT – NGO – Strategic Consultant
COMPANY: ECA(SA) – Project Consultant
COMPANY: AFRIPHONE – Strategic Consultant
Highest Standard Passed Grade12
Life Skills Coach: Registered Practitioner/Coach: COMENSA WCSON-2283-PRA
Additional Studies Wits University (Language School)
YUM University (COMPLETED) – Situated in Dallas USA
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN COURSES: (LMS)
Course Name: YRI Principles and Best Practices of Designing Web Based Training (E Learning)
Module 1: Define the Scope Module 2: Define the Components
Module 3: Create Outline Module 4: Develop the Course
Module 5: Create Assessments Module 6: Measure Success
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN COURSES:
Course Name: Evolution LCMS Course Developer Level 1: E Learning (Authoring)
Module 1: Introduction to Evolution Module 2: Getting Started with Evolution
Module 3: Developing Course Structure Module 4: Using Development Processes
Module 5: Developing Interactive Content Module 6: Develop Assessment Elements
Module 7: Creating Assessments Module 8: Delivering Content
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN COURSES:
Course Name: Evolution LCMS Course Developer Advance Level 2: E Learning (Authoring)
Module 1 and 2: Development Process Module 3: Preparing for Development
Module 4: Managing Content Module 5: Reviewing Content
Module 6: Content re-use and single Sourcing Module 7: Purposing Content
Module 8: Exporting Content for print
Course Name: PCL: People Capability Leadership
Module 1: Your Role as People Capability Leader Module 2: Build People Capability
Module 3: Align Capability with Biz Priorities Module 4: Facilitation
Course Name: High Impact Coaching (Leadership through Coaching Skills)
Course Name: Leadership Development (Grow Coaching)
YUM University (Duration 2 months)
Course Name: Restaurant Management
LDP: Leadership Development Programme
Other In-house Courses and Skills
Education in HIV (During employment at Sanlam)
Aids Counselling (During employment at Sanlam)
HIV/TB Awareness (During employment at Rohloff)
New Labour Relations Act (During employment at Drake)
ISPC (During employment at Drake)
Finance for Non-Financial Managers Fire Fighting through Medical Education Centre: US 252250, NQF Level 1
First Aid through Medical Education Centre: US 119567, NQF Level 1
ACHIEVEMENTS WITH EMPLOYERS:
ROHLOFF GROUP (KFC YUM Brands)
Achievements since employment (1 July 2008 – September 2013)
Rohloff Group was elected as Franchisee of the year (South Africa) – 2012 of which the Training Department played an important role.
Project Management of Learningzone: Implementation of E-Learning (blended learning) project at Rohloff Group.
(1) Pygmalion Award by Yum Western Cape – February 2009
“Believe in All People”
The award is given to Management that overachieve in developing their staff that results in the over performance of their division.
(2) Take the Hill Teamwork Award by YUM Western Cape – June 2009
Award given to recognize the exceptional Team Work in a division that leads to the performance of their division
(3) Restaurant General Management YUM Conference in Sun City
Invited to attend the 3 day Restaurant Management of the year Conference in Sun City in January 2009 for over-achievers.
(4) Implementation of Annual HIV Awareness Drive and Management Programme – July 2009
(5) Implement PC Literacy Course for Restaurant Managers – May 2009
(6) 2009 Challenges: Achieved 100% Management Bench in all 36 Restaurants (Training and HR drive). When I started with Rohloff we were on a 70% Management Bench. We took us to run 6 Management Training Programmes in 2009 to uplift the status. Our target was set to achieve the 100% requirements by YUM International.
(7) 2009 Challenges: Achieved 100% Star Trained status in all 36 stores by Quarter 3 in 2009. Our Star Training Status reflects the amount of trained staff in the system. This was a problem area and one of my first assigned tasks.
PREVIOUS EMPLOYER ACHIEVEMENTS:
ECA(SA) 14TH Cheque Performance Bonus (2005,2006,2007))
ECA(SA) Project: Corporate Identity and Brand Management (2006)
– Outstanding Achievement
E-Cubed Best Search Consultant (Quarter 2 and Quarter 3 2002)
Drake International Best Recruitment Consultant (2000)
(International over 43 branches)
Drake International Project at Sun International
Award of Excellence (1999)
SANLAM Best Performed National
New Business Employee (1994)
FPG Group: KFC
3 April 2014 – present (Senior Contract Position)
Job Title: Training Specialist
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AD TASKS
• Project Management and dealing with Stakeholders
• Assessment and gaps analysis of current Training and Development structure.
• Develop and implementation of effective business focused Learning and Development structure for the organisation
• Quality assurance of current certification processes within the organisation
• Recommendation to uplift skills sector in the business
• Design and write training material for the organisation
• Implementation of LMS (Learning Management System) and ensure that all processes are being adhered to
• Writing and implementation of Workflow processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
• Developing work plans
• Design of project
February 2014 – 1 April 2014 (Senior Contract Position)
Based in: Western Cape
Job Title: Change Management and Training Consultant
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TAKS
• Responsible for Change Management Programme and Training Solutions for the implementation of ECM (Enterprise Content
Management) System at the Department of Health, Head Office
• Training Delivery Plan according to Project Deadlines
• Manage all Stakeholders in the implementation plan
• Manage communication during the implementation phase of the project.
• Review and recommendation on all Training Content and tailor make it to the needs of the project. Training delivered through a blended
Learning process of workshops, e-learning and assessments.
• Developing work plans
• Role in design of project and learning programme
EMPLOYER: YUM SOUTH AFRICA (Brand Holder for KFC)
September – November 2013 (Senior Contract Position)
Based in: Western Cape
Job Title: Training Consultant – Quality Assurance e-Learning (LMS)
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Background: YUM South Africa recently moved over from a training environment based on practical and theory to embrace the blended learning process by including e-learning. This resulted in leaving the system with certain challenges. I was employed to assist in auditing the training material to ensure the required outcome and make suggestions that could benefit the system.
• Identify content to be developed to support business needs and growth goals
• Determine and suggest the appropriate blend of instructor-led, hands-on and online course material
• Provide feedback on designed documents, storyboards and audio script for all e-Learning courses
• Provide feedback and suggestions on materials and ensure content meets learning objectives
• Revise and rewrite current source content to shape it for the learning needs
• Feedback, suggestion or rewrite on format of various multimedia for e-Learning
• Auditing of e-Learning Training Path for YUM South Africa (SABA system)
• Quality Assurance of Training path includes:
o Entire track for Front of House, Middle of House, Back of House, Hospitality, all management levels in stores, Orientation and Restaurant Basics
• Quality Assurance involved going through each module and ensure the duration is set to standard and expectation
• Providing feedback and/or recommendation to any visual aids in the courses. This includes voice-over, DVD and any other required practical activities to ensure a well rounded training experience for the learner
• Evaluate each module and track to ensure sufficient for certification and provide recommendations
• Evaluate current assessments on each module and track
• Design and write assessments on modules and tracks without assessments and ensure outcomes based
• Recommendation on all additional management development training to ensure a well rounded leader in store
• Complying to strenuous deadlines and ability to multi-task on various tasks of the project simultaneously
EMPLOYER: Rohloff Group – KFC (Franchisee of 45 Branches in Western Cape)
– Staff compliment 1800 in stores
– 55 at Head Office
July 2008 – September 2013
Job Title: Training and Development Manager – (E Learning Manager) (Level: Senior)
– Direct Management of 10 Trainers (Facilitators) and Administration staff
– Management of Training Function for 45 Restaurant Managers – Regional Branches
– Management of all students (At a given time it varied from 120-150 on Management Programmes and 300 plus trainees on entry level)
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Establishment of training needs, presentation, maintenance, follow-up and control of training programs necessary for the development of all employees to ensure they have the necessary skills and experience.
This role’s major responsibility and functions are divided in terms of two line functions namely: Strategic Industrial/Organisational responsibility and that of Training Departmental Manager.
1. Implementing standard industry aligned developing programmes as well as designing and developing additional developing programmes
2. Facilitating training and monitoring effectiveness of interventions.
3. Recruitment and selection processes at all levels. Include screening, selection, testing, evaluating and profiling of candidates for various training programmes and placements. Identifying internal talent for growth and bench.
4. Project Management (E-Learning Ambassador): Implementation of E-learning. (Yum Global requirement launched). This Project has various phases and posed an interesting range of challenges through the blended learning process within the Hospitality Industry where we rely on on-the-job training, theoretical training and competency assessments.
5. Change Management Programmes
6. Make recommendations to the HR Manager in terms of managing training priorities and assist with organizational development initiatives by means of intervention strategies built on training values and needs in order to improve organizational effectiveness and employee development and productivity.
7. Make recommendations in terms of training and development initiatives in an effort to improve operations, decrease staff turnover and increase productivity.
8. Ensure that all workshop/program requirements are achieved and shall monitor the effective implementation and maintenance of all Training & Development requirements to ensure a ‘One System’ approach.
9. Develop Training & Development needs analysis and ensures execution of future predictive models (training for bench) and compliance pro-active training.
10. Issue and approve all certification by inspecting all relevant documentation required.
11. Evaluate and Coach all Trainers (to achieve and assist in maintaining standards set down by YRI) by conducting a written or practical evaluation in a store other than the Training Restaurant.
12. Execution of Bench Planning and Internal Development
13. Align Franchisee T&D strategy with the Franchisor strategy
14. Presentation of training courses as and when necessary.
15. SDF Facilitator. WSP (Workplace Skills Plan) and ATR (Annual Training Rapports) and liaison with CATHSSETA. Ensure annual training needs are met aligned with Annual Training Plan.
16. Provide Manpower Development input at above store level.
17. Run social awareness projects: TB and HIV Drives within the organization. HIV awareness is also part of our Orientation process and an ongoing drive within the organization.
18. To implement, organise and manage execution of in-house practical training courses for staff development and promotional / transfer purposes I.e.:
– Developing Champions Star Training Standards
– Theta responsibilities i.e. Workplace Skills Plan CHAMPS Training
– HWWT Training Customer Mania Training
– Building a Great Restaurant Roadmap Leading Multiple Restaurants
– High Impact Coaching Business Acumen
– Running a Successful Business
Departmental Functions: Responsible for the overall management of the Training Department’s operational and administrative functioning
1. Financial planning; co-ordinates the preparation of operating budgets and monitors and controls expenditures against budget
2. Develops assessment and referral procedures and guidelines designed to enhance departmental staff capabilities and effectiveness in accordance with company needs
3. Responsible for ensuring the quality of the service provided by the Training Department and assesses the effectiveness of the utilization of its resources.
4. Responsible for co-ordinating Training Services and staff activities in execution of such services. Compose and co-ordinates correspondence, receiving documentation, maintaining of files, records and reports. Prepare departmental statistical reports with regards to service delivery.
5. Develops the appropriate training material for training programs not issued by YUM.
6. The incumbent develops and maintains an operating manual and establishes a Scope Of Practice to be followed by all the Training Staff. Such SOP to be in line with company guidelines.
7. Reviews progress of training and development of all staff members by means of providing direction and further training.
Reason for Leaving: Career growth. (Completed implementation project for E-Learning into Group and was offered a contract with YUM Global SA)
Company: The Rainbow Family Project: (NGO)
Based in: Gauteng
September 2006 – July 2008
• Parenting and Family Life Project: Morals, Value and relationship well-being
• Running of support groups
• Counselling of individuals and couples (face-to-face and online)
• Liaison with stakeholders regarding projects
• Co-ordinate and execute community based projects
• Liaison and driving of various research programmes for universities and research institutes
• All project documentation and upkeep of financial budget
• Developed and designed website with forums
• Seminars: Hosted the first in South Africa Diverse Family Workshop in Gauteng
Designed/developed Seminar on Parenting and Life Skills
– Programme Hosting and Design
– Author of Children Book Series: Bedtime Stories: My Family
– Design and development of Parenting Website
Administer all queries
• Designed/developed Training Workshops and course material on: (Also presented these courses)
Career Management Stress Management and Life Skills
Dealing with Change Image and Branding
• Full Public Relations function for the organisation
• Media Interviews on the above with:
• Radio2000 Bravo Brava, Radio 2000 Women on the Move, Tuesday Night Live (Johannesburg Station), 702 Talk Radio and SABC 2.
• Part Time Journalist/Freelance writer (Research and compiling of Articles) for all PR functions for the organisation
Reason for Leaving: No more funding available.
EMPLOYER: ECA(SA) – Electrical Contractors’ Association of South Africa
Based in: Gauteng
June 2004 – June 2008
Job Title: National Training Co-ordinator (Level: Senior)
– Implementation and maintenance of Skills Scoreboard
– Research and upkeep of accurate statistics for all learnerships
– Liaising with government departments i.e. DOL and Department of Education and SETA’s
– Manage and co-ordinate all training related information on learnerships workflow for 7 regional offices
– Liaising with institutions i.e. Technical Colleges, Educational Institutes
– Arranging of lecturers and consultants re development of courses in line with SAQA
– Develop and present internal Staff Training on: Induction, Career Management, Branding and Life Skills
– Design and Present Induction Training internally to all new staff
– SDF Facilitator. Assisted in WSP (Work Place Skills Plan) and dealing with the ESETA (Energy SETA). Many of our Members where registered with MERSETA.
– Liaison with ESETA re training statistics, learnerships, apprenticeships and grant applications for contracts
– Marketing Function for ECA(SA) Training National in line with following outputs:
o Skills Development
o Community Upliftment Projects
o Building the Image of the Electrical Contractor in the industry
o Serves on Regional Training Committee
– Manage Training administration staff
– Full marketing function for the Training Division
Promotion to National Training Co-ordinator in June 2007
Position: National Marketing and Public Relations (Level: Mid to Senior)
• Recruitment and selection of all new members of the association
• Monitor public opinion regarding an organisation or particular issues
• Respond to enquiries from the public, media and other organisations
• Arrange interviews with journalists, prepare and distribute news releases, and make statements to the media
• Write, edit and arrange production of newsletters, in-house magazines, pamphlets and brochures
• Assist in preparing organisational documents such as annual reports, corporate profiles and submissions
• Write speeches, prepare visual aids and make public presentations
• Oversee production of visual (film or video), audio and electronic material, including managing website
• Organise special events such as open days, visits, exhibitions and functions
• Project management: Plan, develop and manage brand identity
• Project management: Organise and manage events, exhibitions, conferences and product launches
• Manage all Advertising for the Association
Computer Literacy WINDOWS XP/2007 VISTA and Outlook
Web administration and database knowledge (SABA)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.