I’m an enthusiastic and work committed engineer with a broad range of experience in the fields of: Rotating Equipment, Maintenance, Start-Up, Commissioning, Construction, Installation & Technical project support, working within the Upstream (FPSO’s, Platforms, Gas Plants) & Downstream (Refining , Petrochemical) sectors for oil & gas majors and blue chip companies while collaborating with the various associated OEM’s, EPCM's & ISC contractors.
Qualifications & Training
HND Eng (Mechanical). Gordon Institute of Technology, Victoria, Australia (2004 – 2008).
Industry Training Qualifications:
– Gas Turbine Technology for Operations & Maintenance Engineering. Cranfield University, UK (2014).
– (ME-44) Compressor & Pump Systems. John M. Campbell / Petro Skills, London, UK (2014).
– Apollo RCA Training. ARMS Reliability, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK (2014).
– BINDT Certified Vibration Analysis Category 1 (VA1). SKF (U.K. Ltd), Aberdeen, Scotland, UK (2014).
– John Crane Mechanical Wet & Dry Gas Seal Systems. John Crane Global Training, Manchester, UK (2014).
– ICML Certified Machine Lubricant Analyst 1 (MLA1 – ISO 18436-4, I), Mastering Lubrication Technology. KEW Engineering, Chester, UK (2014).
– CSWIP 3.0 – Certified Visual Welding Inspector. TWI Ltd, Cambridge, UK (2014).
Relevant industry training:
Various engineering courses on: Pumps, Compressors & Turbines- Steam and Gas, Pressure Vessels, Valves, etc.
Various soft skill courses on: OE, GAME, MIE-SAP-PM & HSSE training courses – Shell Refining Australia Pty Ltd & Shell E&P U.K. Ltd (2005 – 2014).
– Japanese (Level 2). – Box Hill institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (2004).
October 2014 – Present
Wood Group PSN / Total E&P UK Ltd
Trafalgar House, Altens, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB12 3LE | www.total.co.uk / www.woodgroup-psn.com
Providing maintenance engineering suppoort to the Wood Group /Total E&P Uk on various Brownfield models through the development of maintenance dossier/workpacksedure, reviewing of maintenance plans to new equipment, project drawings and documentation plus implemetation of PM procedures and the asssociated SAP modules.
• Reviewing of maintenance procedures to rotating/static equipment to confirm to Total standards.
• QC / data validation and populating of equipment data in the SAP CMMS system.
• Reviewing modifications on project drawings and commissioning punch lists.
• Input into equipment sparing philosophy.
• Providing mechanical multi-discipline input into project scope and execution.
June 2012 – July 2014 –
Shell E&P UK Ltd
1 Altens Farm Road, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB12 3FY | www.shell.co.uk
Working within the Rotating Equipment & Reliability discipline engineering departments on various projects and operational issues on Shell upstream North Sea & European assets, which consist of multiple offshore Fixed Platforms, Gas Plants & FPSO vessels.
Rotating Equipment Support Engineer:
• Producing a collated five year plan over-viewing major maintenance execution activities & overhauls for major rotating turbo machinery (Gas Turbines, Compressors, Turbo Expanders) across the Shell assets.
• Supporting Shell Global Solutions for the optimization of the St Fergus & Mossmorran Gas Plants major rotating machinery tying into maintenance reference planning & major overhaul plans.
• Ensuring all work complies with regulatory bodies, API, ISO, DEP and other applicable industry standards.
• Accountable for action trackers for the uninterrupted start up of the Curlew FPSO & liaising with vendors.
• Producing technical reports on maintenance to machinery & developing scope of maintenance work to rotating equipment related to future Turnaround / Shutdowns.
• Producing Compressor, Turbine & Pump performance data (MTBF, Bad Actors, RE/AV) for management, participating in RCA’s in line with “Operational Excellence” (OE – BLADE) standards / methodology.
• Conducting spares audit / gap analysis for major equipment.
• Supporting the REE-TA1 with Shell C&P for the improving & efficiency of rotating equipment contract documentation & communications with the OEM’s.
• Supporting Accenture consultants for the first phase implementation of ORIP / FRR into the central North Sea assets to improve capturing & identifying of risks.
• Pump strategy review of various pump breakdown failures to OPEX costs vs MTBF rates. (SAP-PM).
• Attend inspections & performances tests of machinery & prepare Inspection QA\QC sheets.
• Review condition monitoring vendor performance & methodologies & the associated CM systems to the assets.
• Provide ad hoc technical support where needed.
January 2012 – May 2012
Network Rail Ltd
Ryedale House, Euston, London, NW1 2RS | www.networkrail.co.uk
Providing data analysis support to the track asset management department within the Control Period 5 (CP5) & ORBIS (Offering Rail Better Information Services) projects. Main work scope within the project was on MDA (Master Data Management) for analysis of the asset integrity of over 24,000 nationally S&C’s units by using a model to determine a criticality score to allow for a higher understanding of factors such as correct maintenance procedures, planning, operational flexibility & to give greater asset budget control. All S&C data once analysed will help shape policy & be used for evidence for justification of greater funding in CP5.
Engineering Data Support Analyst:
• Researching of track data for risk & maintenance analysis.
• Provide engineering data analytical support to area engineers for maintenance planning & preventive maintenance support. (Ellipse MIMS, MS Excel, MS Access)
• Collating & populating of engineering data into database tables & spreadsheets (MS Access / MS Excel).
• Interrupting of rail infrastructure diagrams for track asset information, drawing review & track analysis. (5 mile diagram, schematic & quail maps).
• Production of flow charts for a current S&C operational life cycle (MS Visio).
• Implement general query writing for efficient data retrieval & filtering for reports (MS Access).
• Use of Arc GIS (geographic information system) for identifying track gradient & hazards surrounding certain track sections (Esri ArcEditor).
March 2011 – November 2011
Axa Wealth Ltd (Mutual funds)
5 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1AD | www.axawealth.co.uk
Data Migration / Project Support Analyst:
Supporting with the data migration of 125,000 clients and £5bn FUM worth of assets from the old Rufus platform to the new Elevate (‘wrap’) platform and the subsequent closure of AXA Wealth’s mutual fund administration activities through the migration of remaining clients and assets to International Funds Data Services (IFDS).
January 2005 – Dec 2009-
Shell Refining Australia Ltd
Shell Geelong Refinery, Refinery Road, Corio, Victoria, Australia | www.shell.com.au
Responsible for supporting the Mechanical & Inspection departments for the ongoing improvement of strategic care and maintenance to rotating and static mechanical equipment across the 120,000 b/d refinery mechanical workshop & process units i.e. Residual Catalytic Cracking Unit (RCCU), Crude Distillation Units (CDU’s) / Hydro-desulphurisation Plant (HDS2), Bitumen Manufacturing Complex (BMC), Benzene Saturation Unit (BENSAT), Alkylation Plant, Sulphur Recovery Unit (SRU), Tank Farms, Utilities Plants, Blending & more.
• Continuous improvement & troubleshooting of the refinery’s mechanical equipment efficiency.
• Providing day to day technical support and assurance on mechanical static and rotating equipment to Operations, Maintenance and Projects teams.
• Perform analysis on plant mechanical equipment for defect elimination of breakdowns & improve maintenance cycles & show performance issues & trends (availability & reliability, etc) for senior engineers.
• Development of condition monitoring & PM/CM strategies for rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, steam turbines) through various PM practices & effective maintenance planning.
• Perform QA/QC fault finding inspections of internal & external components of multistage and single stage centrifugal & PD pumps, centrifugal & reciprocating compressors & steam turbines.
• Participating in supporting the installation and commissioning /start-up of rotating equipment.
• Ordering of materials & liaising with contractors for reporting & tracking progress on repairing of refinery mechanical equipment during plant Turnarounds / Shutdowns.
• Perform regular refinery rotating equipment assets reports for department key stakeholders & monitor KPI’s.
• Interpreting & reviewing of engineering technical drawings, P&ID, PFD and logic diagrams.
• Perform SAP material QA/QC on machinery data for auditing purposes & data cleansing for any anomalies.
• Undertake RCA (Root Cause Analysis) engineering investigations, meetings / workshops with analysis on Bad Actor projects to find cost effective solutions in a systematic and sustainable way to reduce deferment.
• Preparing QA\QC Inspection sheets for rotating machinery.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.