An accomplished, extremely hard working and highly self motivated Registered Staff Nurse with a successful background and proven track record within the provision of a quality patient-centred care in line with individual care plans. An inspirational and motivational leader, can motivate and encourage individuals to achieve their own potential and to make a significant contribution to the full delivery of common goals.
An-Bord Altranais Registration (Ireland)
2011 – To Date RGN, Isolda Stroke Rehabilitation Unit, St Mary’s Hospital, Dublin
• Personally responsible for the provision of a high standard of nursing care for patients aged between 18 and 90 years old in a stroke rehabilitation setting
• Providing valuable support to patients and families affected by a stroke, helping them with coping mechanisms and being available for advice
• Training new nurses and agency staff in relevant duties and responsibilities, as well as acting as mentor to student nurses, motivating the same to achieve their potential
• Performing physical assessments and administering medication in a safe and controlled manner as well as playing a proactive role in helping other nurses with workloads
• Deputising for the Clinical Nurse Manager in charge of the Stroke Unit during absence, responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the unit and for delegating workloads
• Reporting/escalating any problems regarding patients or equipment quickly and efficiently to relevant staff
2008 – 2011 HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT, Tara Ward, St Mary’s Hospital, Dublin
• Fully accountable for the assignment and delegation of tasks relating to the direct care of all personal activities, ranging from bathing and shaving to dressing and undressing
• Ensuring consistent adherence to any special dietary requirements when helping patients with feeding
• Accurately recording individual care plans, vital signs and fluid balance, for example, and reporting any complaints of pain or distress to the nurses
• Mobilising clients on a regular basis, incorporating turning and repositioning, through the utilisation of a variety of aids, such as hoist and sliding sheets
• Personally responsible for escorting clients around the hospital, as well as outside, in addition to helping patients with walking and exercising limbs when required
• Caring for incontinent clients, ensuring the efficient transfer of knowledge regarding continence awareness as well as removing/emptying bedpans and commodes
• Acting as key liaison with the Last Office when preparing the transfer of deceased to the mortuary in a timely and respectful manner
2008 HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT, The Q Agency, Dublin
2006 – 2008 CATERING ASSISTANT, Three Q Agency, Dublin
• Working closely with both clients and members of the catering department with regards to the menu, accountable for preparing food for patient consumption in line with HACCP procedures
• Serving/presenting meals to a high quality standard, maintaining effective portion control and monitoring any wastage to bring company costs down, ultimately benefiting the bottom line
• Preparing bread and snacks when required by the patients as well as collecting the food trolley from the main kitchen in adherence of set timeframes
• Reporting any defects or repairs required on kitchen equipment to the relevant personnel as well as removing any waste from the ward pantry as laid out in management policy
2004 – 2006 SALES ASSISTANT, Silvio’s Take Away, Dublin
• Providing an exceptional customer service at all times, providing valuable assistance with customers purchase choices and processing the same through the till system
• Ensuring day-to-day operations run smoothly and that all governing health and safety, food hygiene and HACCP procedures are consistently adhered to
• Dealing with order telephoned in from customers in a prompt and efficient manner, ensuring the delivery of customer expectations
• Deputising for the Retail Manager during absence, delegating workloads and ensuring that all members of staff complete their duties in a timely manner and to a high quality standard
1999 – 2001 RGN, “Maranatha” Humanitarian Association Hunedoara, Romania
• Personally responsible for the high quality patient-centred care of 24 children, aged between two and 12, accurately taking and recording vital signs, observing and reporting patient conditions
• Providing valuable assistance with medical tests and evaluations and administering drugs and injections in line with governing guidelines and procedures
• Working collaboratively with other healthcare professionals, including specialist Doctors, health visitors and social workers
• Ensuring consistent adherence to all health and safety and hygiene legislation in promoting a safe environment
• Additionally responsible for writing up reports and updating records at the end of each working shift
Stroke Education Manual Handling
Medication Management CPR, CPI
IV Canulation Phlebotomy
Graduate Diploma Nursing (Rehabilitation of the Older Person) University of Limerick, Ireland
Languages: Fluent English & Romanian
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.