Law graduate - experience in many different types of law firms.
Also experience in market research and conference producing.
Education & Qualifications
University of Sussex
2010-2013 – Law LLB
Sir John Lawes School
Legal Work Experience
Loevy & Loevy, Chicago – July-September 2013
• 3 month internship with a leading civil rights firm in Chicago.
• I worked closely on their exoneration project, and assisted on many cases relating to the wrongful conviction of prisoners or police misconduct.
• My tasks ranged from advising lawyers on cases, compiling witness files, to prison interviews with clients.
• One client whose case I helped work on was exonerated from prison after 20 years for a crime he did not commit, and received civil damages claim of $12 million.
Collyer Bristow – August 2012
• Situated in the Tax and Estate Planning department, I was set various research tasks which included finding out how to legalise UK documents being sent to Iran, an issue over ‘connected persons’ in relation to capital gains tax and researching the protocol of tapered tax relief.
• I learnt that the solicitors have a lot of responsibility, dealing with some estates worth millions; and also that their work is incredibly varied, an aspect which I am enthusiastic about.
Edwards Wildman – August 2011
• This entailed shadowing experience with one of the partners, which partly involved accompanying him to a Company Law case being heard at the Court of Appeal.
• I was given the task of searching the correct protocol for applications to the Supreme Court, as the case I witnessed was admitted to the Supreme Court. This helped me to understand in greater detail the workings of the newest Court which replaced the House of Lords.
SA Law – August 2011
• Experience with the employment law department gaining insight into discrimination and unfair dismissal cases.
• I attended client meetings, and had the responsibility of drafting clauses for terms of contracts. I was given several research tasks, often trying to find relevant points of law for a problematic situation.
• It was interesting to see the contrast in practice between regional and city firms, and understood quickly that the latter is the path for me.
BMJ Publishing – August 2008
• Shadowing experience with the in-house lawyer at BMA house, who was the sole solicitor for their company.
• She dealt with a wide range of issues and points of law which I was able to see a glimpse of through attending some of her client meetings.
• I was able to gain insight into areas I did not previously know about, including copy right law and company law.
Non Legal Work Experience
Foxtons HQ – February 2014 – Current
• Advise clients on the current London property market and particularly local market trends
• Advise buyers on their mortgage position
• Generate ‘stock’
• Study the law surrounding the property industry and estate agency
• Advise Landlords on the range of corporate services and corporate clients
London Student Conferences – October 2013 – January 2014
• Work with a conference producing business which provides professional talks and lectures to A Level students to provide them with greater insight.
• Tasks ranged from assisting to gain sponsorship for the company, business development, and helping organise the talks on the day.
Belgian Souvenir Shop – August 2012
• Managing a souvenir shop whilst living in Bruges
• I Learnt skills in the selling sector, handling retail transactions and dealing with feisty customers. From the very first day, I had the responsibility of opening/closing the shop and sorting the money.
Adroit-e Research – September 2009 – August 2012
• I operated as team leader and field researcher; analysis of data is critical to quantitative research, and my responsibility was to ensure that the data input was highly accurate.
• Projects I worked on range from profiling visitor demographics at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, agricultural shows in Aberdeen and Brighton, and interviews with experts in the field of climate change and bio diversity at the House of Commons.
MTV – August 2009
• Work experience at MTV headquarters. I was situated in their news department, and gained insight into the makings of broadcasts. I also contributed to the news by writing some of the news reels, and writing questions for interviews.
Tennis Coaching – August 2009 – August 2011
• Working as a coach for ages 4-11. Teaching children has taught me a great deal of leadership qualities that have firmly been instilled in me, and have since naturally always take leadership roles.
Positions of Responsibility & Skills
President of the University of Sussex Tennis Club,
• For all three years I played for the Women’s 1st Team, and progressed from being top player, to captaining the team, through to being elected President of the club in my final year.
• I set myself the tasks of increased membership, the recognition of a Women’s 2nd team to equalise the team structure, and sponsorship for the club.
• I showed commercial awareness in securing a sponsorship package with a nationwide chain, which entailed numerous meetings and negotiations with the company and with the Student Union. This was the first time the Tennis Club had ever received sponsorship, and as a result of our deal we were able to provide professional coaching sessions to the Women’s 2nd team who were not being funded for by the Student Union.
• Highly proficient in using legal research engines, Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint and Internet research.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.