Technical Product and Quality Management Professional with an outstanding record of ensuring the existence and effectiveness of procedures to achieve high standards in quality. Expert in ensuring products are ‘fit for purpose’ and instills a ‘do it right the first time’ work ethos to establish confidence with customers that quality-related activities are being performed effectively. Leads from the front with exceptional influencing skills and a charismatic management style to create effective t
Quality Management Quality Management Systems
Qualified ISO 9001:2008 Auditor Social & Technical Audits
Stakeholder Relationship Development
Business Cases / Proposals Product Development
Compliance & Governance
Process / Procedure Implementation
UK & US Product Testing Standards Organisational Restructure
Leadership & People Development
COMPLIANCE & GOVERNANCE MANAGER JULY 2012 TO DATE
ROCHDALE SPEARS LTD, BINH DUONG PROVINCE, VIETNAM – Manufacturer of premium own designed furniture, upholstery and lighting – Turnover $80 Million – Employees 4000.
Lead, direct and control the QA and compliance team – Oversee all product testing and provide accurate management reporting – Develop audit quality procedures across all departments and ensure full compliance with regulatory requirements – Manage all subcontractors for white wood supply, around 80 containers per month – Value £56 Million per annum – Direct Reports 14.
• Formulated a strategic plan to drive systems and quality management forward over a 3 year period.
• Built a QMS based on ISO 9001:2008 with all appropriate procedures and work instructions in line with a strategic plan approved by the Board.
• Turned around sub-contractor performance to achieve on time deliveries and quality standards.
• Sourced, selected and recruited high calibre staff to build a highly motivated integrated team to give support to production, material and product compliance.
• Designed and implemented a product development process to align with the strategic organisation and corporate objectives of creating and selling products.
ASIA OPERATION MANAGER APR 2011 TO JULY 2012
JULIAN CHICHESTER DESIGNS BASED AT PTC FINE FURNITURE, BATTERSEA, LONDON & BINH DUONG PROVINCE, VIETNAM – Manufacturer of very high-end furniture including special designs and 5 star hotels – Employees 500.
Tasked with developing new products to be shown to USA and UK markets – Oversaw all design, development and
customer service functions.
• Developed classic and contemporary designs for a UK leading furniture designers to a level that is marketable within budgetary restraints to meet target prices.
• Introduced more cost effective quotation methods to give 24 hour turnaround on pricing, with an average of 70% reduction in time.
• Improved product quality through better designing and delivering training to personnel on quality processes and procedures – Reduced charge backs.
• Reduced customer complaints and issues, resolving swiftly to both company and customer satisfaction.
QUALITY & SOURCING MANAGER APR 2008 TO JAN 2011
GROOVY UK LTD, SHENZHEN CHINA – Provide a wide range of licensed, innovative gift and home accessories – Turnover £5.5 Million – Employees 40.
Spearheaded the QC Team for pre-shipment and inline inspections – Involved extensive travel throughout China – Performed product safety assessments to ensure they met mandatory standards – Direct Reports 12 (China Office).
• Greatly improved on-time shipment record, which was previously a problematic area due to delays in product development and poor scheduling.
• Ensured the production of products within stringent timescale and quality requirements.
• Reviewed current staff ability and recruited a team of higher competence, which resulted in taking the quality operation to a superior level.
TECHNICAL MANAGER AUG 2004 TO FEB 2008
CHADTEX LTD (BRAND IZZIWOTNOT), MANCHESTER – Manufacturer of baby, junior children’s furniture and accessories – Turnover £7 Million – Employees 70.
Ensured all products were manufactured to specific design, meet quality and compliance standards – Guided the designer regarding product requirements construction and to ensure that it would comply with relevant testing standards and requirements.
• Sourced new factories in China and Malaysia that had the appropriate technical skills and manufacturing capability.
• Developed good relations with factories by spending time with development team and advising of specific needs.
• Improved product quality through leading the design stage and set critical paths for on-time shipments.
SENIOR PRODUCT TECHNOLOGIST AUG 1997 TO APR 2004
N BROWN GROUP PLC (J D WILLIAMS CO. LTD), MANCHESTER – Retail and distant seller retailer – Turnover £660 Million – Employees 3000.
Accountable for sealing furniture prior to delivery – Work involved product assessment; advising buyers on selections and risks; travelling extensively in South Asia reviewing factories and ensuring furniture including packaging conformed with guide lines for strength of packaging.
• Visited China, Malaysia and Thailand to work with factories and made significant changes to product quality.
• Added significant value to the bottom line through introducing measures that reduced in returns from 16½ to 12%.
• Customer focused about complaints – Identified their issues; listened to their expectations and formulated an action plan to provide a timescale within which to find a resolution.
Quality Manager – Satori Projects Ltd
Quality Manager – Unitform Ltd
Contracts Manager for Hotel Furniture- Archer & Drax Ltd
Quality Manager / Design Draughtsman / Technical Apprentice – Armstrong’s (Hull) Ltd
QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
CGLI Full Technological Certificate (Furniture) – Hull College of Higher Education, Kingston upon Hull
ISO 9001:2008 Lead Assessor/ Lead Auditor – November 2013 Course Holder – SGS
Associate Member of the Chartered Quality Institute
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.