Qualified Senior Manager with over 20 years experience in Engineering, Customer Service, Service & Operations Management. With a proven track record in operations, customer service and sales environments Internationally. This has been gained through working with market leaders including Government, Oil & Gas, Marine, Defence, Manufacturing, Local Authorities & Multinational Companies. Dynamic, highly organised, self-motivated and a dependable team player. Results-orientated and quality focused.
Education And Qualifications
HNC (Higher National Certificate) in Mechanical & Production Engineering(September 1986 to July 1990)
ONC (Ordinary National Certificate) in Mechanical & Production Engineering.
Mid Kent College of Further Education, Rochester, Kent
Qualifications obtained: 7 GCE O’ Levels in Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry, Music, Spanish, Technical Drawing (September 1983 to July 1986)
Borden Grammar School, Sittingbourne, Kent.
St. John’s Ambulance – First Aid at Work Certificate (expires Feb’ 17)
IOSH Managing Safely – Currently undertaking this course.
Regional Service Manager (October 2013 – present)
KONE Plc, Cody Road, London
• Responsible for the daily Faults, Maintenance/Service activities/issues on Escalators, Lifts & Travelators for the London Underground (LUL) & Tubelines (TLL) Contracts.
• Supervision of the Call Out & Repair Engineers/Technicians for breakdowns and maintenance/repair.
• Attending weekly contractual performance meetings with LUL & TLL to discuss all weekly service, call-out, technical & quality issues as required.
• Responsible for 8 direct reportees on days (Engineers/Technicians), weekly call out rota updates & distribution, holiday requests, personal development reviews.
• LUL FRACAS owner.
• Undertake ASM audits as required.
• Responsible for mitigation activities (e.g. 5A/5B’s, F45, F54, Section 6’s, Step Inspections, Oil Analysis & Sampling, Dust Tray Collection, Return Track Bracket NDT inspections etc.) on both the LUL & TLL contracts.
• LU Period Data for Agreement Owner.
• TLL Service Points & LCH for Agreement Owner.
• Daily use of KONE software applications e.g. KONECT, KFM, SAP, Minerva, Vault etc.
• Compile and issue RAMS and COSHH documentation as contractually required, including TBT’s where necessary.
• Employee Engagement Ambassador for Infrastructure & Escalator Division.
Service Centre Manager (April 2013 – July 2013)
Ashtead Plant Hire Company Ltd, Basildon, Essex Position Held
• Overall responsibility for Managing the Depot & Service Centre, which has a £5M turnover and a total of 32 staff.
• Managing Service Level Agreements compliance at all times to meet KPI requirements of the customers.
• Managing the Customer Service efficiency and CRM relationships with customers at all times.
• Management of the company’s procedures in relation to Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality, to ensure we are compliant with the current legislation and requirements, as per the law.
• Overseeing the Workshop, Hire Office and Transport and Logistics of the Depot, to ensure compliance and efficiency is met at all times.
• Implemented new Purchase Ledger and Workshop procedures to obtain improved accountability and functionality of the operation, in order to meet our budget requirements.
• Full ownership and control of the P & L of the Operation in conjunction with my Service and Workshop Managers.
• Competence Development reviews and performance reviews of the staff.
• Managing the FTA and VOSA legal requirements with the transport, to ensure we are compliant with regulations at all times.
Senior Manager – Service Operations (August 2012 – November 2012)
P. N. Mashru Ltd, Kokotoni, Mombasa, Kenya
• Overall responsibility for the Management of the workshop, paint shop, tyre and stores departments, with a total number of 50 staff.
• Implemented a new workshop layout and traffic management system to give improved work flow process efficiency and traffic flow on the premises.
• Ensure proficient and quality maintenance of the entire fleet, which is over 300 trucks, with ancillary attachments, such as Tippers, Flat Beds, Low Loaders, Bodies etc.
• Ensuring efficient turnaround of the fleet to meet the daily requirements of Logistics.
• Cost control on fleet expenditure and ensure regular servicing is maintained.
• Implementation and monitoring of occupational health & safety within the workplace, in conjunction with the OHS Officer and safety manual.
• Overseeing and monitoring of vehicle breakdowns across East Africa in liaison with the tracking department.
• Created and implemented a fully versatile fleet maintenance database in Access/Visual Basic for fleet repairs, breakdowns, servicing, spares, tyres and back orders etc.
• Updating the fleet maintenance database and compiling daily reports to the Group Management.
Regional Service Operations Manager (December 2007 to May 2012)
Alfa Laval Middle East Limited, Dubai, UAE.
• Management of the customer service centre team, which included internal sales, technical sales support & accounts receivables.
• Full use of ERP systems for all aspects of internal sales & accounting functions. Also included an inventory management & drop shipment system. Extensive knowledge of SAP and SRP systems.
• Implemented various streamline procedures and workflow systems into the customer service centre, to make the team work more efficiently & productively.
• Responsible for price management, export control issues around the Middle East. Management reporting on various KPI’s we measure & ensuring customer support levels were maintained professionally.
• Monitoring order intake & net invoicing within the customer service centre, to ensure forecasts were met quarterly.
• Responsible for all aspects of service operations covering 18 countries in the Middle East. This included authorised service providers in Iraq, Kuwait & Lebanon.
• Service Operations Management reporting, inventory management, process efficiency, ensuring P & L forecasts were met & cost control maintained. This was using IS Tools and Lean Six Sigma / 5S concepts.
• Evaluating and implementing employee performance evaluation & career/skill training development programmes with the HR department.
• Introduced new workflow processes for the service engineers & service centre, to improve our productivity & efficiency.
• Maintaining competence development programmes for all 32 personnel.
• Set-up and implementation of a new service centre in Qatar as a mandatory requirement of Qatar Gas & Shell GTL.
• Implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health & safety, quality and environmental systems which were implemented over a period of 12 months, of which we were accredited to ISO9001 for the QMS in Dubai, Qatar and Saudi Service Centres.
• Use of Alfa Laval Group software applications for workshop & field service co-ordination, control & cost analysis.
Customer Services Director (April 2005 to August 2007)
Diamond Group, Maidstone, Kent
Associate Director of Corporate Services & National Operations Manager (July 2001 to April 2005)
Kent Sweepers Limited, Rochester, Kent
Customer Support Engineer (September 2000 to July 2001)
Johnston Engineering Ltd, Sittingbourne, Kent
Product Support Engineer (September 1995 to August 2000)
Scarab Fayat Group, Tonbridge
Senior Applications Engineer (July 1991 to August 1995)
Voith Engineering Ltd, Croydon, Surrey
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.