Versatile finance professional with over seven years experience in accounting and financial /commercial management within IT, FMCG, Financial Services & Fashion & Apparel sectors. A Result driven proactive individual, able to work by its own or within a team environment. Able to focus on multiple tasks effectively and to deliver to deadline, whilst under pressure. Capable of conveying financial information in easily understood formats. Strong computer & systems literate
Feb 2013 – Mar 2014 Pitney Bowes UK– Emtex Software Limited Senior Accountant
Global provider of mail processing equipment, software, hardware and integrated mail solutions with Turnover over $5 billion
• Undertake control, compliance and accounting across the two business units
• Manage the Accounts payable ledger periodically
• Manage month end process whilst generating monthly Journals and multicurrency bank & intercom-pany balance reconciliations. Monthly Cash Flow Forecasting.
• Prepare accurate monthly reporting of Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss in line with Group Policy (US GAAP) and liaising with colleagues in EMEA, APAC and US to agree monthly balances
• Support the Accounting Director on various other finance Projects i.e. T&E Outsourcing
• Liaise with Key business partners to understand business drivers and operating costs and to provide full financial support on daily basis.
• Liaise & Support International finance team periodically on tracking key deliverables
• Attend financial review meetings periodically to interpret the performance of the business unit
• Attend the Project meetings on weekly basis to update the various project progresses whilst meeting the completion deadlines.
• Prepare & file quarterly VAT & EC Sales list
• Liaise with PwC Auditors providing yearend audit schedules & support on resolving audit queries.
Aug2010 – Dec 2012 Alpha 211 UK Ltd Senior Accountant
Fashion & Apparel Company specialised in denim supply to the high street groups and brands in the UK and Europe with a turnover of £7.5mn
• Chaired the financial review meeting to support in providing full and comprehensive financial infor-mation enabling company CEO to make appropriate decision on funding arrangement.
• Produce full monthly management accounting & reporting including month end accruals & prepay-ments & balance sheet reconciliations.
• Submission of month end closure of Invoice Finance, EC sales list & Intra-stats & quarterly Vat re-turns
• Process company monthly payroll & yearend filing.
• Produce yearend financial accounts including all balance sheet reconciliations
• Prepare yearend audit file; arrange the audit &liaise with Auditors during the audit process.
• Liaise with business partners i.e. bankers, auditors including HMRC regular basis on various financial matters, statutory audits, periodic Invoice Finance audits, VAT, Import duty, EC Sales list, Intra-stats& Payee inspections.
• Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial com-mitments and future revenues .i.e. Profitability reports, Customers Sales statistics, managing& fore-casting company multi currency cash flow, Invoice Finance & Import Loan facility on regular basis.
• Manage Property accounting; liaise with Residential & Commercial tenants on rent & service charges invoicing and collections.
• Review and manage the work of junior accountant.
May2008 – April 2009 Select Service Partner UK Ltd Finance Manager – Provincial
FMCG Company, Trades retail and catering outlets at Rail stations, Airports and High Streets. £550mn p.a. UK Turnover. Brands include Burger King, Upper Crust, Delice de France, Star Bucks, Café Ritaz-za, Sloe Bar, Millies Cookies and Marks & Spencer
• Chaired Budget Holder key meetings to provide sound financial advice and support(>200 regional business units across the UK with the turnover in excess of £90m) and produced annual budget in-cluding quarterly forecast in conjunction with Regional Opex Managers
• Managed the period-end accounting process and make key contribution to the periodic management reports including other ad-hoc reports to support regional Ops directors as well as the managers.
• Produced investment appraisal (NPV, payback) for new projects to submit to Investment Team
• Liaised with key business partners to understand business drivers of trade and operating costs
• Support the FD with ad hoc requests i.e. cost reconciliation reports, variance analysis reports, groups consolidation, gain & loss reports, yearend Capex report,
• Review & manage the work of the junior member of staff
Mar2005 – May2008 Complete Mortgage & Loan Services (Surrey) Ltd Finance Business Ana-lyst
• Increase profit by £20k by undertaking review on company’s printing & stationary costs
• Improve profit by £10k by in sourcing payroll function
• Influence Director to invest excess cash on short term investment and gain extra cash flow
• Review & amend credit control process of the company
Aug2002-Feb2005 Circle 5 International Limited – UK Finance Business Analyst
• Improve profit by £20k undertaking expense review project
Jul1999 –Jul2002 Pursue fulltime studies in Sri Lanka and in the UK
Aug1998 – Jun1999 SKC Management Services Limited (S/Lanka)Internal Audit Executive
May1997 – Jul1998 Kanbro International (Pvt) Ltd (Sri Lanka)Accountant
May1989- Jul1997 A& S Associates Chartered Accountants (Sri Lankan) Audit Trainee
• Associate Member of ACCA
• MSc. Information Management & Finance (Merit) – University of Westminster UK
• CIMA –Advance Diploma in Management Accounting
• Certificate of Web Designing & Development
• The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka – Completed Professional Part II
• European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
• SAP, TM1/CITRIX, Office Plus/Fox, Alea, Onvision, Hansa& QuickBooks
• Great Plains, Hyperion Reporting System(HFM)
• SAGE Accounting & Payroll, IRIS Pay Master
• Strong knowledge of MS Applications i.e. Excel (including macro & financial modelling), Words, Power Point, Access(basic)
INTEREST AND OTHER INFORMATION
• Network with colleagues & other professionals and undertake professional training courses (CPD
• language skill – Basic French, International travel and culture, Reading, Keep fit
• Studies Fashion Designer course in Paris
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.