I am a Chemical Engineer with BS in Engineering Technology with 13 years of rich hands on experience in the oil & gas and petrochemical sectors in the Middle East, Singapore & India.
• BS Engineering Technology, Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani India, 2012 CGPA: 6.35
• Diploma in Chemical Technology, Tamil Nadu State Board for Technical Education, India, 2001, 73.76%
• Chemical Engineer with 13 years of rich hands on experience in process engineering & control and plant commissioning in LNG plants, oil refineries and petrochemical & chemical plants in the Middle East, Singapore & India.
• Skilled in monitoring & controlling processes through DCS & PLC control panels ensuring consistent quality & yield of products, safe & smooth normal start-ups & emergency shutdowns.
• Well versed in preparing and implementing standard operating procedures (SOP) & operation manuals leading to targeted plant performance levels.
• Good understanding of process design of gas processing units, condensate & water separation units, gas dehydration units, design of heat exchangers & columns, sizing of lines, separators, knock out drums and pressure release valves (PRV). Well versed P&IDs and equipment & instrument data sheets and calculations. Good knowledge of applicable codes & standards like ASME & API.
• Experience in providing project management support for on time, safe, cost effective completion of projects & planned shutdowns.
• Skilled in analyzing plant upsets, abnormal conditions and identifying root causes for viable corrective action implementation.
• Capable of administering permit to work (PTW) system and participating in JSAs, HAZOP studies and safety committee activities.
• Experience of successful management of process & plant emergencies like compressor trips, pump failure, power failure, heavy hydrocarbon leaks & failure of utilities.
• Deft in coordinating with internal & external stakeholders and leading multinational teams eliciting superior performances.
• Dedicated, results driven professional with excellent communication, coordination, problem solving, planning & execution skills.
Jan 2008 to date
QATARGAS OPERATING COMPANY, https://www.qatargas.com, Qatar
Qatargas is the largest producer of LNG in the world with annual production capacity of 42 million T
Report to: Head of Engineering Team: 5
• Conduct technical studies & propose measures to enhance productivity and equipment performance.
• Provide project management support – preparation of process scope of work, estimation of man-hours & preparation of progress reports – to execute small-scale projects.
• Supervise & coach junior engineers in preparing instrument/equipment data sheets and associated calculations verifying quality & accuracy.
• Track abnormal plant conditions in close coordination with operations and ensure immediate corrective actions.
• Participate in risk assessment and mitigation of identified risks through required process or equipment modifications.
• Coordinate with maintenance teams to plan & implement debottlenecking programs.
• Supervise and ensure cost effective on time and safe completion of projects & planned shutdowns to meet or exceed expectations.
• Provided technical support in areas of safety, environment and energy conservation during execution of projects.
• Optimize selected processes through simulation studies and prepare process flow schemes with mass balance & equipment sizing.
• Coordinate with vendors for equipment selection and design related issues.
• Acted as PTW coordinator
• Experience with major processes/units: condensate distillation, de-butanizer, de-ethanizer, LPG amine absorber, LNG upstream units, Naphtha hydro treater, hydrogen plant (reformer), fuel gas amine absorber, kerosene hydro treater boilers, utilities.
Dec 2006 to Jan 2008
EASTMAN CHEMICALS SINGAPORE PTE LTD, http://www.eastman.com, Singapore
Eastman is a global specialty chemicals company. The Singapore site produces chemicals sold primarily for use in resins, coatings and vinyl compounding markets
Process Engineering Technician
Reported to: Process Team Leader/Head of Operations Team: 9
• Managed quality control in shifts. Adjusted process parameters to produce product within specifications and rejected out of specification products.
• Ensured operations adhering to standard operating procedures (SOP) and job safety analysis (JSA) guidelines.
• Acted as a focal communication point during real & mock emergency situations in following approved emergency response procedures.
• Analyzed unit interactions and inter-unit effects to identify opportunities for process optimization.
• Participated in recognizing, responding to and troubleshooting to resolve process upsets in the unit.
• As PTW coordinator, ensured adherence to the permit to work (PTW) system and as SEQ coordinator enforced all safety environment & quality policies.
• Coordinated with the business scheduling team to fix production targets based on sales forecasts & prevailing market conditions.
• Consistently fulfilled expectations of higher management and achieved predefined targets within timelines.
Apr 2005 to Dec 2006
RELIANCE INDUSTRIES LTD, http://www.ril.com, Jamnagar India
The Jamnagar Manufacturing Division of RIL has a 33 million TPA refinery fully integrated with downstream petrochemical units producing aromatics & polymers
Reported to: Commissioning Team Leader Team: 10
• Led commissioning activities of various refinery units – crude oil distillation unit, vacuum distillation unit, light gas recovery unit, sulfur recovery unit, desulfurization unit, MEDA treatment unit & hydrogen plant.
• Supervised pre-commissioning activities and verified mechanical completion of the units.
• Coordinated with the EPC contractor for punch list management and transition to final hook-up & commissioning phase.
• As a member of the Project Management Team (PMT), supervised contractors working on the site during the execution phase.
• Provided PMT interface between work faces and Construction Area Lead ensuring removal of barriers and resolution of emerging issues.
• Submitted weekly reports on progress & status in the assigned areas
• Coordinated quality audits and followed up for implementation of audit recommendations.
May 2001 to Apr 2005
TAMILNADU PETROPRODUCTS LTD, http://tnpetro.com, Chennai India
TPL is a leading producer of linear alkyl benzene (LAB) and associated heavy chemicals
• Monitored & controlled operations of LAB plant with UOP technology through DCS & PLC controls as a Panel Room Operator
• Participated in normal start-ups and emergency shutdowns of the plant ensuring safety of assets & personnel.
• Coordinated with Board Operators of other units in implementing plant optimization initiatives and resolving multi-unit process problems.
• Maintained full documentation of daily activities and highlighted problems in the unit logbook
• Successfully managed emergencies like compressor trips, pump failure, power failure, heavy hydrocarbon leaks & failure of utilities.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.