I have graduated from Petroleum University of Technology in Safety and Technical Inspection Engineering with more than 15 years of full-time work experience in oil and gas industry in HSE Management and training fields in reputable Iranian and international organizations. I am a committed, conscientious, competent and self motivated HSE professional with more than 14yrs extensive experience and educational background in the oil and gas industry. I am an excellent team leader and motivator with practical skills and technical knowledge to promote the team-working spirit and develop HSE culture and Behavioral-based Safety (BBS) even in multi-cultural environments. I am an HSE lover! and highly committed to my roles and duties. My clients and employers' satisfaction for my services over my past working years are my last ever achievement.
1992–1996 Petroleum University of Technology, Abadan, Iran
B.Sc. of Safety and Technical Inspection Engineering
Mar/2012 – Present
HSE Lead and IMS Coordinator
OIEC (Oil Industries Engineering & Construction)
South Pars Gas Field Development Phases 20&21,Iran
Oct/2011– Present (part time) HSE Instructor
TUV Academy Iran-Germany
Conducting HSE training courses (e.g. HSE management system, MOC, Incident management & accident prevention, Risk management, HSE management of contractors…)
Feb/2010 – Mar/2012 HSE Superintendent
CNPCI (China National Petroleum Corporation International),
North Azadegan Oil Field Development, Iran
Drilling Operations and Onshore Surface Facilities Development
• Implementation of CNPCI HSE management system,
• Preparation and Development of the Project HSE Management Plan, HSE Procedures and practices,
• Planning and Conducting HSE Training sessions, provision of HSE bulletins and guidelines,
• HSE Reporting system (Weekly/monthly, Annually, Incident reporting, Audits …), Preparation of the project HSE Performance status,
• Effective Emergency Response Procedures
• Incidents analysis and reporting to HQ, Top Management and Client,
• Follow-up of Project EIA requirements,
• Conducting internal HSE Audits and site inspections,
• Managing and leading the Field locations HSE members,
• Liaison with the Client HSE members…
Aug/2003 – Feb/2010 HSE Manager
OIEC (Oil Industries Engineering & Construction)
Consortium of GS E&C and OIEC, South Pars Gas Field Development Phases 9&10, Iran
For the periods of Site preparation, Construction, Comm. & Start-Up…
• Managing and leading more than 120 HSE team members; containing Safety, Environment, MEDEVAC & Clinic, Fire brigade, Training and etc. experts
• Establishment and Implementation of HSE management system,
• Preparation and Development of the Project HSE Management Plan, Procedures and Guidelines (Submitted for CLIENT Approval),
HSE Training Planning and due Courses Provision,
• Preparation of “Invitation To Bid – ITB” documents – Part of HSE clauses,
• Interview of the HSE specialist applicants,
• Worksite Inspection and Audit,
• Attendance in Project Management coordination meetings,
• Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Cause Tree Analysis,
• Preparation of the project HSE Performance status and reports, Incidents analysis and reporting to the Management and Client,
• Conducting and chairing the HSE weekly and monthly meetings,
• provision of project Environment and Waste management plan according to the Project EIA-SP 9&10 was financed by Deutsche bank and supported by the other European Export Credit Agencies (“ECAs”) and was being audited every six month by FICHTNER GmbH,
• As the contact point person (for safety issues) for Insurance Risk Surveys, reports and improvement recommendations-SP 9&10 was being audited by insurers through CTC Services Ltd. every six month,
• Provision of Commissioning, SIMOPS and operation HSE requirements and giving advice to the Commissioning and start-up manager for safe operations,
• Implementing and conducting effective safe PTW system specially during SIMOPS period,
• Provision and execution of physical isolation areas; construction, commissioning and start-up
May/2002 – Aug/2003 HSE Supervisor
TOTAL, Dorood Oil Field Development, Kharg Island, Iran.
• Daily general site inspection,
• Giving due HSE advices to RSESs,
• Incident/Accident investigation and reporting, Anomaly reporting/rectifying,
• Emergency preparedness drills conducting,
• Permit To Work controlling and monitoring,
• Heavy Lifting/Rigging safety measures, Lifting appliances Inspection/Load test monitoring,
• Scaffolding inspection,
• Tool Box talks/ induction for contractor’s workforce, Training,
• Monitoring and supervising the safe radiography procedures,
• Conducting Weekly/Monthly HSE Inspections and Audits, …
May/2000 – May/2002 Senior Area HSE Supervisor
TOTAL– South Pars Gas field Phases 2&3, Assaluyeh, Iran
For the periods of Construction, Comm. & Start-Up…
• Construction: Daily general site inspection, Incident/Accident investigation and reporting, Anomaly reporting/rectifying, Emergency preparedness drills conducting, Emergency evacuation, Permit To Work controlling and monitoring, Heavy Lifting/Rigging safety measures, Inspection/Load test of lifting equipment monitoring, Scaffolding inspection, Tool Box talks/ induction for contractor’s workforce, Training, Radiography safety, Weekly/Monthly inspection and Audits, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Cause Tree Analysis…
• Commissioning: Check/Control on safety measures of Hydro/ Pneumatic test, Air blowing, Steam blowing, Piping/Vessels entry, Plant energizing…
• Production: Training regarding H2S hazards, Flammable gases, Alarms and Muster points, Gas testing, Permit To work controlling/monitoring (Mechanical isolation, Hot/Cold work, Confined Space Entry…), POB head counting system implementation…
Sep/1998 – May/2000 Welding and Equipment Inspector
NIOC, Tehran Oil Refinery, Iran.
• Being present in 12 overhauls of process units such as: Vacuum and Atmospheric distillation, Isomax, LPG, Hydrogen, Platformer Unifiner, Lube Oil Complex, Utilities… as to do Inspection and Hydro test of different equipments such as Boilers, Vessels, Heaters, Heat exchangers, Air coolers, Piping, Storage Tanks …
• Maintenance work shop inspector as to do inspection and test of: Gas cylinders (N2, CO2, Argon, O2) according to ICC standard, Safety Valves, Retubing and Reassembling of Heat exchangers, Lifting Appliances and Gears…
+ Six months (Summers of 1994 and 1995) in NDT Dep. (MT, PT, RT, UT)
Jun/1997 – Sep/1998 Sales Engineer
IGK Co. (Ideh Gostar Kaveh), Official branch office of France IPSI Co., Iran.
• Consulting and Marketing of NDT, Lapping and Polishing systems, Ultrasonic Flow measurement devices….
SKILLS & TRAINING
• OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor (Trained and Certified by DNV- Certification # : 16301),
• Internal Auditor based on ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:2004 & OHSAS 18001 (Trained and Certified by DNV, Certification No.: 07-THR-Q-00044),
• Environmental Management System according to ISO14000 Series – RWTUV& TUV academy Iran- Germany (Certificate # EM-IR02/0505).
• Bow-Tie Methodology & Hazards Management (twice passed: by DNV & TUVNORD Academy)
• IOSH Managing Safety
• Management of Change (MOC)
• Hazard identification and Risk assessment and controls
• H2S Hazards Awareness
• Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS) Safety
• Radiography Awareness and hazards
• Emergency response and measures • HSE Management System
• HSE costs and benefits/ HSE-MS advantages and barriers
• Fire Fighting (Practical & Theory),
• Authorized Gas Tester course,
• Search & Rescue + Breathing Apparatus (Passed by Total Safety Co.),
• Permit To Work.
PUBLICATION S. Azimi & R. Amirnejad, “HSE training for all”, Fadak Isatis (www.fadakbook.ir), Tehran, 2010. This book is recommended by Head of Research Centre of OH&S of Iran Labour Ministry.
Third edition was issued successfully.
MEMBERSHIP • Petroleum University (Abadan Institute of Technology) Alumni.
• Member of Referee & faculty team of 1st (2006), 2nd (2008) and 3rd (2010) National HSE Management Conference held by Sharif University.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.