As an internationally experienced contracts manager, I have worked on variety of high-profile projects looking after all manner of civil engineering and pavement works. Undertaking a multi-role position involving supervision, contract programming, project costings and planning as part of the process for a prompt delivery. Working under pressure and meeting deadlines is my speciality. I am well versed in agreeing measures and applying for payment. As a seasoned project manager, I also specialise in the business development issues to raise seed capital and secondary funding for humanitarian projects overseas. These involve everything from the business plans, financial reporting, to the finite negotiations of labour, plant, and material resources.
1. Sustainable Housing. LLC; Houston, Texas, USA
Period: October 2011 to present date
• Carried a due-diligence exercise on setting up a Humanitarian Project for sustainable and affordable housing in Houston
• Originally invited by members of the VA to compose a plan of rehousing, retraining, and combining job security as part of the process
• Responsible of putting a qualified team together to undertake the design, marketing, construction, and sales connected with this niche overseas project
• Wrote the business plan, P&L, Cashflow, and the Balance Sheet to attract funding to support the phases of the project
• Involved in a setting up a new business in America, identifying protocol and business development
2. EquinoxplanetGRT Ltd / BaseCon UK Ltd, Bradford, West Yorkshire
Position: Principal and Contracts Manager
Period: December 2008 – October 2011
• EquinoxplanetGRT dealt with enquiries on waste-to-energy projects in the UK, India, and Sri Lanka involving waste management recycling schemes and plant installation.
• We also studied the process the production of water from ionisation of the air.
• Promoting thermic and metallurgic coal supplies from Colombia to complement RDF material in supplying green energy and for the use of steel production in India and China.
• BaseCon UK was directly involved in the complete process of competitive pavement construction using a cold recycled base course, including material design, recycling of aggregates, production, and delivery the execution of the works.
3. Ground Solutions Ltd, Berkhamsted, HP41QR
Position – Contracts Manager & Business Development Manager for specialised materials (ColdConcreteAsphalt and ColdFoamedAsphalt)
Period – March 2007 to December 2008
• Introduction of a contracting arm within the company from a standing-start position.
• Offer a one-stop comprehensive package as an enhancement to the already established business.
• We developed the design of compound installation for tunnel projects for Morgan EST.
• A second part was to develop a machine laid contemporary cold composite pavement system with assistance from one of the leading testing houses in Weimar, Germany.
4. CiP Ltd, Old Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 3EJ
Position – Director
Period – April 2006 to March 2007
• Look after the contracting division on internal and external flooring finishings
• Develop the grouted macadam business
• The introduction of these combined contracting disciplines allowed the company to compete in the general market regarding macadam and specialised pavement works.
5. Work & Employment History (Based on activities and experiences in Brazil)
• JZ Engenharia & Comercio Ltda., São Paulo, BRAZIL
• ENCONSULT Consultoria e Tecnologia em Serviços Ltda. São Paulo. (ENCONSULT Consultoria e Tecnologia em Serviços Ltda. is a division of JZ Engenharia Ltda)
• RUTHMANN GmbH., Hückelhoven,GERMANY.
• CFF GmbH & Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, GERMANY
Period – October 2000 to March 2006
• Work closely with the companies listed above in assisting with their business development and general civil engineering projects
• My role also involved a commercial aspect, analysis of various engineering designs and techniques to be adopted.
• As a senior member of the Engineering Department of the Organização de Grande Prêmio do Brasil de Formula 1, I looked after the circuit profile (layout, track profile, and safety aspects), project planning, event organisation, and supervision to receive the teams in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, & 2005.
• My other involvements included for the provision of consulting services regarding other aspects of civil engineering, waste management, and renewable energy opportunities.
6. McArdle Environmental & Construction Services Ltd, Chalfont St Peter.
Position – Contracts Manager (International & National) & Business Development Manager (Brazil & South America)
Period – July 1999 to October 2000
• Supervision for all Rentokil-Ailsa remediation and rehabilitation projects.
• As the client’s representative; my responsibility involved dealing with remediation issues
• Liaising with our consultants (SLR)
• Coordination and supervision of labour, plant and material resources throughout the UK
• 4-6 projects on a continuous program, all based on timed deliveries.
• Business development in South America
7. Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd, Stowe, Buckingham MK18 5LJ
Position – Contracts Manager
Date of start – April 1994 to July 1999
• All aspects of general contracting from the enquiry stage through to completion
• Several interesting projects involving landfill site infrastructure works, access ways, office construction, weigh-bridges, commercial wheel washes, and track reconstruction.
• A complementary role involved the material development for Motor Sport construction
• I had carried out track and safety works on various international circuits as a result.
8. Prismo Ltd, Rowfant, West Sussex, RH10 4NF
Position – Contracts Manager / Estimator
Duration – March 1992 to March 1994
• Evaluation of enquiries, preparing estimates, negotiating contracts
• Thereafter supervising and implementing traffic management schemes
• Carry out safety audits and supervise the training of operatives.
• Regular stock control and vehicle maintenance.
• Preparation and return of the term maintenance contract bid documents for “Midland Links”, “Warwickshire Highways”, and “Staffordshire” Areas.
9. Tarmac Roadstone Ltd, Chertsey, Surrey
Position – Major Contract’s Estimator / Area estimator
Duration – June 1990 to February 1992
• Evaluation of enquiries, and commercial tenders, carrying out site visits
• Preparation of sub-contract enquires and documents, final estimates coupled with the terms and conditions, negotiated sub-contracts, and carried out contract supervision
• Calculated final measure and prepared the valuations for invoicing.
• I was involved with the preparation of numerous major contract surfacing estimates in conjunction with the main contractor for works right across the southern half of the UK.
10. Wimpey Hobbs Ltd, Halecombe Quarry, Leigh on Mendip,
Position – Area Estimator/Major Contracts Estimator
Duration – June 1987 to June 1990
• Contracts coordination
• Commercial and estimating department
• Supervisor responsibilities
• Material supplies, resource allocation, and plant distribution to all Wessex Region sites
• Contract costings in a manual tab format, process invoices, and initiate monthly assessments for Profit & Loss accounts
Previous to June 1987, I had experience in the following management and service roles:
▪ 2 years with the Russian Shipping Lines – Morflot International Liner Agency, London EC3
• American Bankers – Avco Trust Ltd, Bath
• Hotel Management – all aspects of catering and restaurant management. (Five Counties Hotel Group)
Academic Results: Six “O” Levels Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, English Literature, and Latin
Completed first year and half of sixth form before leaving college in 1974
(Mathematics, Economics, and Architecture)
• Completed Open University course work in paving techniques with Doncaster Polytechnic and Nottingham University
• Paving techniques with BLAW KNOX @ Chatham, Kent
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.